Long, Long Day

Old 07-13-2010, 06:10 PM

I hope everything gets straighten out. I have had same problem, sadly to say I didn't get my money back. Hope boss understands
Old 07-13-2010, 06:12 PM

Aaargh! How frustrating. Glad it's worked out. I'm thinking August 1st can't come fast enough for you...
Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

My bank now asks that you let them know when you will be traveling , helps them protect you :thumbup: Can be a pain but worth it :lol:
Old 07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Had the same thing happen to me... I am so sorry you had to go through this :(
Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 PM

Been there twice. Such a violation of your life. Hang in there.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Ugh that is terrible and I hope you get it straightened out soon and get your money returned.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Aw, Hugs! How unfair your boss is being! Yeesh, like you want to lose a days work.........
Old 07-14-2010, 06:15 AM

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! Isn't that the truth, that you end up being the one to pay for it? I hope they get it straightened out as quickly and as smoothly as possibly for you. Good luck!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by MissM
Last night when I got off work, had a voice mail from my bank, fraud alert informing me that there was "unusual" activity on my bank account and to please call. Well I did, only to find out that somehow my ATM number has been stolen and some one had spent the day yesterday booking a trip to Norway, and doing online shopping, etc, etc to the tune of about 1/2 of my bank account. Well bottom line, is I ended up having to take off work this morning to go in to the bank to sign an affidavit to put a stop to it and get my money back. This wasn't so bad, except we were having a huge inspection today.....and I was suppose to take a leading role in this inspection. Needless to say when I had to call my boss last night to tell her I needed to be late this morning, she was really less than pleased with me. :-( Like this was something I really planned, and wanted to have happen. :thumbdown:
Please make sure you file a police report about this.This is what they told us to do when it happened to us last year. That way you have it on file, should something come up later on. It is for your protection.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:21 AM

I always run debit cards like they were a credit card and NEVER give out my PIN unless I'm at the bank because someone can sit on the curb and scan the information as it is entered into machines (no theives don't have to actually see you enter it). Unfortunately, there are also readers that can be carried in a purse, bags, etc, that steal information off magnetic strips on people's credit cards while they are in wallets and purses. This kind of tech hacking is becoming very common. You might want to think about getting a shielding wallet.

I know I sound crazy but this is not new technology. It has been around for a while.