Long, Long Day

Old 07-13-2010, 05:07 PM

Last night when I got off work, had a voice mail from my bank, fraud alert informing me that there was "unusual" activity on my bank account and to please call. Well I did, only to find out that somehow my ATM number has been stolen and some one had spent the day yesterday booking a trip to Norway, and doing online shopping, etc, etc to the tune of about 1/2 of my bank account. Well bottom line, is I ended up having to take off work this morning to go in to the bank to sign an affidavit to put a stop to it and get my money back. This wasn't so bad, except we were having a huge inspection today.....and I was suppose to take a leading role in this inspection. Needless to say when I had to call my boss last night to tell her I needed to be late this morning, she was really less than pleased with me. :-( Like this was something I really planned, and wanted to have happen. :thumbdown:
Old 07-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Awww so sorry to hear of this, I hope that all gets straightened out for you.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Google Goddess

that is terrible, glad you got it taken care of, can you have the bank to write a letter to your boss to proove that you were not just staying home
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
JJs
Banned

I have yet to figure out why the VICTIM is ALWAYS the one who has to pay - with time, money, etc
We had fraudulent charges show up on a CLOSED credit card. Never received one single bill - yet when it was sold to a collection agency they didn't have a speck of trouble finding us!
We never did find out what the deal was until we got a lawyer involved - and that was against the law, YOU are always supposed to be told what is going on.
Had to get a lawyer, he writes and calls and says the EXACT same things we had said and written... very irritating.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:19 PM

I have had similar things happen to me and I felt like I was the criminal after everything I had to go through to get it straightened out. I hope this is resolved and that you have a better day tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
that is terrible, glad you got it taken care of, can you have the bank to write a letter to your boss to proove that you were not just staying home
I will if I have to, this boss is just one of those that is a royal pain in the you know what. Yet she would be the very first to take off if she had a similar experience. But right now, I'm not worrying about it, because come Aug 1 I will have a brand new boss, and he is a super person. He has always treated as an equal, with up most respect. Can't wait until Aug 1
Old 07-13-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
I have had similar things happen to me and I felt like I was the criminal after everything I had to go through to get it straightened out. I hope this is resolved and that you have a better day tomorrow.
Thanks, everything will get better by Friday...this inspection will be over with.

:-D
Old 07-13-2010, 05:31 PM

I once had my credit card used by someone who purchased a plane ticket from Argentina to South Africa, while I was in NY. They noticed and stopped it, but when I went to book tickets to go to Puerto Rico, I was declined because they blocked my card from being used to fly anywhere. It was a mess to clear.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
I once had my credit card used by someone who purchased a plane ticket from Argentina to South Africa, while I was in NY. They noticed and stopped it, but when I went to book tickets to go to Puerto Rico, I was declined because they blocked my card from being used to fly anywhere. It was a mess to clear.
Yes I am in the same boat here I now have no debit card to use, because I had to close this one, and it will take 10 days for my new one to arrive. Plus I will now have to learn a new pin number.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Power Poster

That is horrible. And for you boss to have so little understanding. What a bad day.