Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Long Marriages------------ Thank you >

Long Marriages------------ Thank you

Long Marriages------------ Thank you

Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 AM

What a great topic! My husband and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this December, we've been together for 20 years total. Like the others have said, it has been a struggle at times - but well worth it! I look forward to the next 15 (plus!) years!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 PM

46 years this past July of ups :) , downs :( , and in-between :roll:.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 PM

47 years for us. Sometimes you want to ring their necks. :roll:
But he is the sweetest, kindest man I have even known and I wouldn't know what to do without him.
Best of luck to you newly weds. It's hard at times, but worth it. Your vows said until death do we part, it's a lifetime commitment. It is a shame that it is so easy to get out of in this age.
Thanks for saying thanks, and make sure you become a pair for others to look up to in the future.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:46 PM

I agree with the origional poster...thank you. As we (the young ones) have watched the older ones it helps...even when we didn't understand why they did what they did it helped to see it.

We met 5 years ago November; had our first date on Christmas Eve (his family had invited me because I was single and have no family in state) and spent as much time as we could (while still being proper and keeping my honor in tact) till we married on the 20th of Febuary 2010 together. Me turning 31 today and him being 29 it has been fun; interesting; and somedays downright ugly but our premarital councling taught us several things one of those being when you say till death do you part its not till divorce decree do you part. I can't imagine my life without him in it and still get a goofy smile when I think about my love; my Angel; my husband.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 AM

Thank you for this post. Hubby and I are the young ones (30 & 29) and we have been married going on 9 years. So many of our friends have gotten married only to turn around and get divorced. We have 1 dear friend that is in love with the idea of being "in love" and we have watched 3 marriages and 3 divorces in that 9 year period. It is sad really.

Now don't get me wrong, we have our spats but that is what makes it all the better because we both know that we can sit down and talk it out and find some middle ground.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:06 AM

I have one Quote to everyone thats married and thinking about divorce:

NEVER Forget WHY you fell in Love with your spouse!!!!

This saves many people,,,, just need to take a deep breath and reflect.

I am divorced close to 15 years myself but wasnt my choice i was traded in lol, I was married 15 years i didnt have a good marriage but what kept me there was a few things,,,, one the above and my vows,,,,,, better or worse and till death do u part! Just he didnt honor those vows but it happens.

I salute and greatly admire those that stick with it and keep persevering!!

Good Luck to all in love married or not!!!!