Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Look what I got!

Look what I got!

A lady that worked with my husband called and asked if I wanted her mother's craft stuff and some fabric. I said yes and here is what I got. I hope the pictures come through.
    I don't know what kind of crafts this lady did, but there sure is a lot of lace. I can use the stuffing, some of the rick rack, and binding. I gave the kid's class at church some pipe cleaners and a friend the crochet needles. I was told that I could do with the rest what I wanted. What do you do with that lacy piece that has houses on it.
    Debbie
    Attached Images Attached Images

I forgot to add that the tote is full of white fabrics including some muslin. I had a friend call me Thursday to give me some of stash. She's downsizing she said. I'm still sorting through it before I can take pictures. There is a lot of fabric in it. Once again, lots of lace too!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-25-2015 at 01:49 PM.

You are going to have such a fun time finding usage for the Rick rack and trims, also great Christmas items to find ways to use. Have fun, p,ease remember to post photos of your projects

Judy in Phx, AZ

Oh what a treasure you have there! I have lace to use on my crazy quilt blocks. Rick Rack is always good for a Sunbonnet Sue or other block, or to sew in a seam. The strings of pearls can be couched on pillows, crazy quilt blocks, etc. That's a lot of ribbon, How about wrapping a hat box or other sturdy box with a separate top and gluing the ribbons to it, or weave them then apply. Have Fun!!!!

Lots of nice craft stuff.......Lucky You!! The lace with the houses on it.....you could put Christmas fabric or solid color fabric under it and make a table runner out of it for Christmas..(of course depending on how much you have). It just reminds me of Christmas. Just a thought!!
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

Boy, oh boy did you hit the mother load!!!! Congrats!!!!!
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Blog Entries
    the house lace is curtains
    great haul
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

How wide is the house lace? Looks like stuff to use when making Christmas stockings for nursing homes. or wall hangings.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
    How wide is the house lace? Looks like stuff to use when making Christmas stockings for nursing homes. or wall hangings.
    It's about 4 or 5 inches wide.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    the house lace is curtains
    great haul
    Yes, I was also thinking "curtains", maybe as the edging, or over a solid color.

Oh, you lucky girl....you have a lot of fun ahead of you!
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    I know when I pass on, the same thing will happen at this house. "What will we do with all this stuff?" "Why did mom have all this". "Let's give it away". And I hope they do find places to give it to, not just haul it to a dumpster.

I would have LOVED the ric-rac for my vintage pincushions!!

Look what I got

Lots of fun stuff. If you find there are items you know you will never use, I have found school art departments love getting these kind of things for all their age group projects. Enjoy!

The wide fine wide lace can be used to make panties (that's what I use it for most of the time). The cotton lace makes great ruffles for little girl dresses (again that's what I do when making granddaughter dresses - little girls love ruffles). Each holiday season, our senior center dresses baby dolls for kids without Christmas (the center will give you 18 inch baby dolls to turn into gifts - blankets, cloths, diaper bags, etc.. - you can use a lot of lace on these also). Some of the narrower lace can be turned into hair bows. You can also add a lot of different lace to crazy quilts. Good luck

Rick rack is new again for use on quilts. Have fun. Congrats on your haul!

Years ago I bought a lot of wide lace (3 to 5 inches wide) to make angels. They were quick and easy to make with the little doll head beads. And I used a lot of ribbon of different kinds to make Christmas balls. I was a Girl Scout leader for several years and had a lot of similar items. I still have one box ( one of those big plastic containers) of items I just can't seem to let go. It gets opened maybe once a year to see if there is something in there that I need.

You are very nice to be sharing on these items.

You are very lucky. Have fun.

What a nice surprise. Have fun with it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    A lady that worked with my husband called and asked if I wanted her mother's craft stuff and some fabric. I said yes and here is what I got. I hope the pictures come through.
    I don't know what kind of crafts this lady did, but there sure is a lot of lace. I can use the stuffing, some of the rick rack, and binding. I gave the kid's class at church some pipe cleaners and a friend the crochet needles. I was told that I could do with the rest what I wanted. What do you do with that lacy piece that has houses on it.

Debbie
    Why not add some pretty deco to it and use a pretty solid fab. under it to make a table runner or wall hanging.

Not sure about lace with houses on it but I'd probably add to a small table runner or add to lampshade or add to hem of curtains.....
    I love collecting Rick racks...makes great stems for flowers OR add around quilt borders.
    Very nice crafts items you received though.
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Christmas is just around the corner. You can make all kinds of thing with what you got. Dolls ,Angels, Flowers (lace)added beads to them just have fun with all your new stuff.

The beige with buttonholes in the top is curtains, although this must be just a valance. Just thread a curtain rod through the holes and voila!

Most of that could have come from my house.I a slowly whittling down all the things I will never use at this point. My DDIL
    is a grade school teacher so she always asks me first when she needs crafty stuff. Have fun with your new treasures!
    I quilt, therefore I am.

Power Poster
    Great haul...