Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Look what I got! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/look-what-i-got-t267988.html)

Teddybear Lady 07-25-2015 12:55 PM

Look what I got!

9 Attachment(s)
A lady that worked with my husband called and asked if I wanted her mother's craft stuff and some fabric. I said yes and here is what I got. I hope the pictures come through.
I don't know what kind of crafts this lady did, but there sure is a lot of lace. I can use the stuffing, some of the rick rack, and binding. I gave the kid's class at church some pipe cleaners and a friend the crochet needles. I was told that I could do with the rest what I wanted. What do you do with that lacy piece that has houses on it.
Debbie

Teddybear Lady 07-25-2015 01:00 PM

I forgot to add that the tote is full of white fabrics including some muslin. I had a friend call me Thursday to give me some of stash. She's downsizing she said. I'm still sorting through it before I can take pictures. There is a lot of fabric in it. Once again, lots of lace too!

judy363905 07-25-2015 01:20 PM

You are going to have such a fun time finding usage for the Rick rack and trims, also great Christmas items to find ways to use. Have fun, p,ease remember to post photos of your projects :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

sweet 07-25-2015 01:40 PM

Oh what a treasure you have there! I have lace to use on my crazy quilt blocks. Rick Rack is always good for a Sunbonnet Sue or other block, or to sew in a seam. The strings of pearls can be couched on pillows, crazy quilt blocks, etc. That's a lot of ribbon, How about wrapping a hat box or other sturdy box with a separate top and gluing the ribbons to it, or weave them then apply. Have Fun!!!!

Jazzmyn 07-25-2015 01:52 PM

Lots of nice craft stuff.......Lucky You!! The lace with the houses on it.....you could put Christmas fabric or solid color fabric under it and make a table runner out of it for Christmas..(of course depending on how much you have). It just reminds me of Christmas. Just a thought!!

ljptexas 07-25-2015 02:02 PM

Boy, oh boy did you hit the mother load!!!! Congrats!!!!!

lynnie 07-25-2015 02:18 PM

the house lace is curtains
great haul

PurplePassion 07-25-2015 03:49 PM

How wide is the house lace? Looks like stuff to use when making Christmas stockings for nursing homes. or wall hangings.

Teddybear Lady 07-25-2015 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion (Post 7267533)
How wide is the house lace? Looks like stuff to use when making Christmas stockings for nursing homes. or wall hangings.

It's about 4 or 5 inches wide.

DebbieJJ 07-26-2015 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7267474)
the house lace is curtains
great haul

Yes, I was also thinking "curtains", maybe as the edging, or over a solid color.

Oh, you lucky girl....you have a lot of fun ahead of you!