Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Look what I got! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/look-what-i-got-t267988.html)

regm 07-26-2015 03:27 AM

I know when I pass on, the same thing will happen at this house. "What will we do with all this stuff?" "Why did mom have all this". "Let's give it away". And I hope they do find places to give it to, not just haul it to a dumpster.

lindaschipper 07-26-2015 03:48 AM

I would have LOVED the ric-rac for my vintage pincushions!!

Karamarie 07-26-2015 04:47 AM

Look what I got

Lots of fun stuff. If you find there are items you know you will never use, I have found school art departments love getting these kind of things for all their age group projects. Enjoy!

Bubbie 07-26-2015 04:53 AM

The wide fine wide lace can be used to make panties (that's what I use it for most of the time). The cotton lace makes great ruffles for little girl dresses (again that's what I do when making granddaughter dresses - little girls love ruffles). Each holiday season, our senior center dresses baby dolls for kids without Christmas (the center will give you 18 inch baby dolls to turn into gifts - blankets, cloths, diaper bags, etc.. - you can use a lot of lace on these also). Some of the narrower lace can be turned into hair bows. You can also add a lot of different lace to crazy quilts. Good luck

carolynjo 07-26-2015 07:17 AM

Rick rack is new again for use on quilts. Have fun. Congrats on your haul!

quiltingcandy 07-26-2015 08:18 AM

Years ago I bought a lot of wide lace (3 to 5 inches wide) to make angels. They were quick and easy to make with the little doll head beads. And I used a lot of ribbon of different kinds to make Christmas balls. I was a Girl Scout leader for several years and had a lot of similar items. I still have one box ( one of those big plastic containers) of items I just can't seem to let go. It gets opened maybe once a year to see if there is something in there that I need.

You are very nice to be sharing on these items.

crafty pat 07-26-2015 11:34 AM

You are very lucky. Have fun.

annette1952 07-26-2015 06:30 PM

What a nice surprise. Have fun with it!

Gerbie 07-27-2015 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady (Post 7267416)
A lady that worked with my husband called and asked if I wanted her mother's craft stuff and some fabric. I said yes and here is what I got. I hope the pictures come through.
I don't know what kind of crafts this lady did, but there sure is a lot of lace. I can use the stuffing, some of the rick rack, and binding. I gave the kid's class at church some pipe cleaners and a friend the crochet needles. I was told that I could do with the rest what I wanted. What do you do with that lacy piece that has houses on it.

Debbie

Why not add some pretty deco to it and use a pretty solid fab. under it to make a table runner or wall hanging.

nwm50 07-27-2015 06:10 AM

Not sure about lace with houses on it but I'd probably add to a small table runner or add to lampshade or add to hem of curtains.....
I love collecting Rick racks...makes great stems for flowers OR add around quilt borders.
Very nice crafts items you received though.