Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
looking for best steam mop for ceramic floors >

looking for best steam mop for ceramic floors

looking for best steam mop for ceramic floors

Old 06-06-2014, 09:02 PM

I have a Shark Steamer for the floors (tile and laminate) and the Shark Steam Cleaner for everything. I use it on the Stove Hood, the Shower stall (it sanitizes) windows (so easy) mirrors and anything else that will hold still long enough
Old 06-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Thanks girls for all your replies. I think on Monday (if I don't have to run errands) I will head on over to BBB and check out the Shark 501 or 502. I have a pile of coupons to take with. While there I will also look at the steamer. My daughter has a Dyson vacuum and hates it. Did not ask what model it was but she did say for the money she spent she does not feel it has good suction. In defense of Dyson they do have 2 cats and 2 dogs in the house along with 2 boys. I would imagine it does put the vacuum to test. A friend has the Oreck vacuum and likes it but it is several years old. It seems the older models held up better.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:03 AM

I have the Shark steamer and it's just ok. It doesn't put out enough steam and I end up carrying around a spray bottle with hot water in it to supplement what the Shark is doing. But I do feel like the steam helps get the floor cleaner, it's just not the great tool that I thought it would be.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:18 PM

WOW! I went to BBB today and bought the Shark professional Rotator vacuum. It said it was good for pets! I just finished vacuuming my rugs. Can not believe the amount of hair it picked up along with dust. And I just vacuumed two days ago. I'm sold. It came with several attachments even a car detailing set. It is a little heavier that I thought it would be but I think the amount of suction it has out weighs that drawback. Even has two LED lights to "light the way" It listed for 259.99 and I used my 20% coupon I had. I did not get a steamer yet (couldn't make my mind up which one to buy. I will go back later and will take another look at the Shark Steamer. Thanks for all your help. So even on this rainy day I think it was the right choice to make a trip to town.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:30 PM

I have a Dyson which I bought first. Then bought a Shark for a vacation home. I love the shark better and it was. Helper too. The canister comes off and I can clean around the baseboards or take it upstairs to clean without hauling the entire Vaccuum. You will be horrified with what goes in the canister from both. They both work excellent.
Old 06-04-2022, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by okpermanent View Post
When to go use the household carpet cleaner that didn't work too well.
now that I am looking for a steam cleaner a mortar and if those on here have already used one and what is recommended.
thank you
Yet, another new user trying to post what seems to be a legit post. It is a direct quote from a Mar 26, 2021 post on another forum.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Spoiler

Old 06-08-2022, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by okpermanent View Post
@OurWorkbench I just posted in my relevant thread.
Do not click on link in original post.

I was able to quote without link - It is NOT a link to my profile. It is a link to an Amazon affiliate.

Username has posted elsewhere on the net that quotes from different forums.

Also username is on stopforum spam.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 06-08-2022 at 04:14 AM.