Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looking for a Chartreux kitten >

Looking for a Chartreux kitten

Looking for a Chartreux kitten

Old 04-30-2011, 08:33 PM

Hi everyone:
My daughter wants a Chartreux kitten for her 16th birthday. I can't seem to find any in my area, no less the only ones around are older cats from the petfinder website. We need a kitten insead of an older cat simply because our dogs just adjust to a younger pet. We've tried to adopt older pets but it did not work out and we end up being growled at and come close to being bit. Not sure what type of cost this breed will be, but does anyone know of this type of breed available. My daughter's best friend has one and it was found as a tiny kitten in the dumpster. Go figure. The cat is now an adult and just loves my daughter when she visits; so she is hoping to find one too.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

I never heard of them so I googled. Several sites came up but I don't know if they're near you.
How wonderful about the rescue!! Poor little thing!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:28 PM

Here is a site that you can post a wanted or looking for ad on..not sure if it costs or not?
http://www.pawsitesonline.com/cats/index.php?catid=18
A lot of the breeders say they will ship them..probably by air freight overnight..but the cost would be high I am sure...good luck...you can't talk her into a "rescue" kitty? She might be saving it's life by adopting one from a shelter..crafty_linda_b
Old 05-01-2011, 05:37 AM

Check on the CFA website. They can direct youto breeder's and breed specific rescues. HTH
Old 05-01-2011, 06:04 AM

looks like a really neat breed of cat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-piXXEGKME

according to this, it's a rare but I hope you find a good one. :)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Find a magazine called Cat Fancy, and they will have breeder ads in the back. Good luck, they are SO cute!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:31 AM

Sure it isn't a British Shorthair? They sure do look alike.

Take her to an animal rescue group. She may fall in love with something entirely different. Wanting what a friend has sometimes doesn't work out as being a life long love (for the pet) and after having teens of my own, I know that they have these fancies that rarely are kept up for years. She's almost ready to go to college, you'll have to keep it then.

One of my daughters loved those giant Sheep Dogs and whined for one for years, but when she got married she wound up with a large, loving ball of fur who is afraid of the back yard, a starving Boxer puppy she found on a deserted roadside, and a tiny, elderly Yorkshire that her own DD rescued from a terrible boarding home for animals she'd gone to work at in the summer. (DGD called SPCA and had it closed down and stole? the Yorkie, with the conniving? help of one of the SPCA workers. After all, they want loving homes for the critters.)
Old 05-01-2011, 10:38 AM

My daughter's best friend has one and it was found as a tiny kitten in the dumpster.
-------------------------------
Seems strange to me that someone would dump a cat that could be sold for a lot of money.
How do they know it's a Chartreux? Done blood work? Identified by a breeder? Or picked a picture and decided that THAT was what she had because it looks like it and is rare? I've seen a lot of kittens that looked like that, and were obviously mixed because Mamma didn't look anything like them. Daddy jumped the fence, but all were cute, even the ones with brown bodies and spots on their faces.

An animal is supposed to be loved for itself, even if it's so ugly that an owl wouldn't look at it twice!!! (An old saying by my Grandma)
. That said. I never had anything but Dobermans in all the years DH and I took in Dobies and kept for the rest of their lives.