Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looking for comfortable bed pillow. >

Looking for comfortable bed pillow.

Looking for comfortable bed pillow.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 AM

Over the years, I've spent a fortune on various pillows but they all seem to go flat after a while. Earlier this year, my husband kept asking me to please buy new pillows, so finally off I went to test a few pillows. My final decision and purchase was at a store that sells Temperpedic pillows. Yep, pricey, but they have an excellent guarantee, so I purchased two QS pillows along with the waterproof type pillow covers. Of course, I asked for a discount and got it. The pillows and pillow covers had to be delivered to my house from the store warehouse the next day - no charge for delivery! When the pillows and covers arrived - the covers had been upgraded to the quilted type. I can truthfully say that my husband and I have slept better on these pillows than any other that I have ever owned! Well worth the extra $$ for a better rest.

Also, while traveling for a month, we stayed at a friends house, then a hotel that has memory foam mattresses. Both my husband and I slept the full night through and woke up totally rested with no backache. The bed we have at home is of excellent quality but not memory foam. Neither of us rest well in it, and I generally wake up with a lower backache. When we get home, if I wake up with a backache, I'll know that I need to make a trip to the mattress store to purchase a memory foam mattress!! My two sisters and one brother all have memory foam mattresses. None of them would even consider going back to a regular mattress - they love the memory foam.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

I got a couple of those foam pillow with the cradle area and I woke up with a headache so bad, I didn't know if it was a migraine or what. Actually, went to the ER. They did x-rays and my neck was out of joint. Got rid of those pillows which ended being very expensive in the long run for me. Am still looking for the right pillow.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:56 AM

I use to wake up with headache every morning and my neck always hurt. One day my brother had a small contour pillow he bought while in Djibouti I stole it. Thought I would have a hard time getting use to it but it only took 1 night . Slept for the first time ever through the night and no headache in the morning. Trouble was can't find another like it. LOL I have a contour pillow but it just isn't the same. But still no headaches and that makes me happy. Good luck with find that "perfect" pillow.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:58 PM

We only have down pillows. One of my pillows has been to NZ twice, England, Holland and Paris, as well as on various trips in Canada and the US. I find having at least one pillow from home, helps me to sleep better in hotels.

Someone mentioned pillows going flat, how often do you wash them?

I have a down pillow that is over 25 years old and will need replacing later this year. I wash all the pillows in the house at least twice a year in my top loader washer.

Op you can always call a hotel and ask when they get their bedding and if they will sell you the pillows.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:11 PM
HMK

The one that my hubby and son-in-law both love is the Mediflow Water Pillow - both of them had trouble sleeping until they got them http://www.mediflow.ca/en/index.html
Old 10-23-2013, 02:52 AM

I use a water pillow. You can fill it with as much water as you are comfortable with. My daughter gave me one several years ago for Christmas.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:20 AM

I use a pillow called "Arc 4 Life". They have a website or you can get it on Amazon. Every time I sleep with a different pillow, I pay for it with a sore neck. I've had mine for several years and it is still the best thing I have found.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:29 PM

The hotels use down. I forget how I discovered this but I find them so much more comfortable than foam. I sent away for them but they were expensive. . I think they are worth it however as I sleep so much better.