Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looking for a Embroidery Board >

Looking for a Embroidery Board

Looking for a Embroidery Board

Old 12-18-2014, 01:13 PM

This is a great site for instructions and all the help you could ever need. It is like having another family and not too expensive.
www.artisticthreadworks.com
Old 12-18-2014, 02:02 PM

Emblibrary.com has lots of inspiration on their projects page. And they have monthly free designs.
Laurel
Old 12-18-2014, 02:07 PM

Martha Pullen also has a forum that has an embroidery link.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:28 PM

Try checking out Mary Corbit's Needle 'n Thread as she has everything for hand embroidery, lots of instructions, info, etc. and there might be something like this board somewhere on her site for embroidery. She does amazing work. Good luck.

After reading your post again I wasn't sure if you meant hand or machine embroidery. If it's hand embroidery then the above site might help.

Last edited by Jackie R; 12-18-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
www.cuteembroidery.com is a nice site---active community --questions & answers...and daily freebies. You can join for 6mo. at a time, or just register and participate.
http://www.sewforum.com/ is another to register and enjoy lots of info (questions answered by other members). Forums are seperated for embroidery, digitizing requests of members, quilting, sewing, lots of interesting subjects here. n embroidery section with lots of freebies as well as the free digitizing or pay digi'ing.
I looked at sewforum.com but didn't see much action there; the last message I could find was from August. I will also take a look at cuteembroidery.com. I too have been looking for a board for years although I'm a member of several Yahoo groups for my machine. It would be lovely to find another active board like this one to share ups and downs with machines and software. Thank you to Nancy for starting this thread and to Mermaid and others for posting links.
MagaQuilter
Old 12-19-2014, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by MagaQuilt View Post
I looked at sewforum.com but didn't see much action there; the last message I could find was from August. I will also take a look at cuteembroidery.com. I too have been looking for a board for years although I'm a member of several Yahoo groups for my machine. It would be lovely to find another active board like this one to share ups and downs with machines and software. Thank you to Nancy for starting this thread and to Mermaid and others for posting links.
MagaQuilter
I saw the some thing, but once you register you will see recent posts. ��
Old 12-19-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Olectra View Post
I saw the some thing, but once you register you will see recent posts. ��
Absolutely! as I know I have posted or answered a question in the last 2 or 3 days. You are just not allowed to view contents unless you are registered and logged in. It is the best site--or very nearly so! Info on anything you can think of. Knitting, crocheting, hand & machine emb, quilting, crafts, selling digitizing--the list of subjects is whatever you seek.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by MagaQuilt View Post
MagaQuilter
Re: Sewforum You need to register (free) to see current posts, and it is an active forum. One category is free embroidery designs that the members contribute for other members to use. There's a lot of free designs available there.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:41 PM

Mary's site is wonderful... she has tutorials on lots of stitches and many patterns too. This is for hand embroidery

Originally Posted by Jackie R View Post
Try checking out Mary Corbit's Needle 'n Thread as she has everything for hand embroidery, lots of instructions, info, etc. and there might be something like this board somewhere on her site for embroidery. She does amazing work. Good luck.

After reading your post again I wasn't sure if you meant hand or machine embroidery. If it's hand embroidery then the above site might help.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:49 PM

Thank you to all that responded. Yes, this is a wonderful board! I have found lots of information because of you ladies even about hand work which I have started to enjoy after retiring. I have the time and patience for it now!!