Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Looking for a Embroidery Board

  1. #1
    Senior Member quilter711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    512
    Blog Entries
    47

    Looking for a Embroidery Board

    I am new to embroidery and am looking for a board for inspiration. I know that we have a forum on this board but I don't find that helpful. The boards that I found don't seem to be very active - very old activity. Any suggestions - TIA?
    Last edited by quilter711; 12-17-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    quilter711
    Nancy

  2. #2
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    36,480
    I think there is a Redwork of America club. Maybe they have a forum? You could check company sites for embroidery thread like DMC, Perle cotton etc.

  3. #3
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    12,952
    Blog Entries
    1
    Are you looking for machine embroidery or hand embroidery?

  4. #4
    Senior Member quilter711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    512
    Blog Entries
    47
    Prism - I am looking for machine embroidery. I am a very newbie.
    quilter711
    Nancy

  5. #5
    Super Member mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee, UC area
    Posts
    1,350
    www.cuteembroidery.com is a nice site---active community --questions & answers...and daily freebies. You can join for 6mo. at a time, or just register and participate.
    http://www.sewforum.com/ is another to register and enjoy lots of info (questions answered by other members). Forums are seperated for embroidery, digitizing requests of members, quilting, sewing, lots of interesting subjects here. n embroidery section with lots of freebies as well as the free digitizing or pay digi'ing.

  6. #6
    Super Member Sandygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,872
    Look for a Yahoo group with your particular machine ir brand of machine.

    sewforum does have a lot of machine embroidery. Facebook has groups too.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

    Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

  7. #7
    Super Member MaggieLou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,754
    I'm glad you asked this question. I've been wanting to know the same thing.
    Margaret

    "If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

    Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

  8. #8
    Senior Member kathidahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Posts
    528
    Blog Entries
    1
    Are you looking for sites that provide free designs or a discussion group?

  9. #9
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,837
    Blog Entries
    23
    Cute Embroidery and Sew Forum are wonderful. There is also a thread here on the QB with 288 pages to look through http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...un-t32969.html
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  10. #10
    Super Member BettyGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,289
    I have recently started adding embroidery to my quilt projects, hand embroidery and found some amazing books with delightful designs to use. While I know that machine embroidery is all the rage at the present I sometimes get irritated when the emphasis is placed on using a machine as opposed to using our hands. Guess I'm getting old and grouchy. Hope you find fellow embroidery folks, which I'm sure you will. Until then I will still do my hand work. A recent mug rug swap introduced me to a woman who does the most amazing things with needle and thread that I've ever seen. Plus she does it without a pattern! Give me fabric, needle and thread and I can rule my world.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

  11. #11
    Member margiepc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    91
    Blog Entries
    2
    This is a great site for instructions and all the help you could ever need. It is like having another family and not too expensive.
    www.artisticthreadworks.com

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northeast Ohio
    Posts
    400
    Emblibrary.com has lots of inspiration on their projects page. And they have monthly free designs.
    Laurel
    oneteapot/Laurel

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northeast Ohio
    Posts
    400
    Martha Pullen also has a forum that has an embroidery link.
    oneteapot/Laurel

  14. #14
    Super Member Jackie R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    St. Louis Cnty, MO USA
    Posts
    1,051
    Blog Entries
    1
    Try checking out Mary Corbit's Needle 'n Thread as she has everything for hand embroidery, lots of instructions, info, etc. and there might be something like this board somewhere on her site for embroidery. She does amazing work. Good luck.

    After reading your post again I wasn't sure if you meant hand or machine embroidery. If it's hand embroidery then the above site might help.
    Last edited by Jackie R; 12-18-2014 at 07:33 PM.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    www.cuteembroidery.com is a nice site---active community --questions & answers...and daily freebies. You can join for 6mo. at a time, or just register and participate.
    http://www.sewforum.com/ is another to register and enjoy lots of info (questions answered by other members). Forums are seperated for embroidery, digitizing requests of members, quilting, sewing, lots of interesting subjects here. n embroidery section with lots of freebies as well as the free digitizing or pay digi'ing.
    I looked at sewforum.com but didn't see much action there; the last message I could find was from August. I will also take a look at cuteembroidery.com. I too have been looking for a board for years although I'm a member of several Yahoo groups for my machine. It would be lovely to find another active board like this one to share ups and downs with machines and software. Thank you to Nancy for starting this thread and to Mermaid and others for posting links.
    MagaQuilter

  16. #16
    Member Olectra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    StL
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by MagaQuilt View Post
    I looked at sewforum.com but didn't see much action there; the last message I could find was from August. I will also take a look at cuteembroidery.com. I too have been looking for a board for years although I'm a member of several Yahoo groups for my machine. It would be lovely to find another active board like this one to share ups and downs with machines and software. Thank you to Nancy for starting this thread and to Mermaid and others for posting links.
    MagaQuilter
    I saw the some thing, but once you register you will see recent posts. ��

  17. #17
    Super Member mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee, UC area
    Posts
    1,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Olectra View Post
    I saw the some thing, but once you register you will see recent posts. ��
    Absolutely! as I know I have posted or answered a question in the last 2 or 3 days. You are just not allowed to view contents unless you are registered and logged in. It is the best site--or very nearly so! Info on anything you can think of. Knitting, crocheting, hand & machine emb, quilting, crafts, selling digitizing--the list of subjects is whatever you seek.

  18. #18
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by MagaQuilt View Post
    I looked at sewforum.com but didn't see much action there; the last message I could find was from August. I will also take a look at cuteembroidery.com. I too have been looking for a board for years although I'm a member of several Yahoo groups for my machine. It would be lovely to find another active board like this one to share ups and downs with machines and software. Thank you to Nancy for starting this thread and to Mermaid and others for posting links.
    MagaQuilter
    Re: Sewforum You need to register (free) to see current posts, and it is an active forum. One category is free embroidery designs that the members contribute for other members to use. There's a lot of free designs available there.

  19. #19
    Super Member sdeaaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,284
    Mary's site is wonderful... she has tutorials on lots of stitches and many patterns too. This is for hand embroidery




    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie R View Post
    Try checking out Mary Corbit's Needle 'n Thread as she has everything for hand embroidery, lots of instructions, info, etc. and there might be something like this board somewhere on her site for embroidery. She does amazing work. Good luck.

    After reading your post again I wasn't sure if you meant hand or machine embroidery. If it's hand embroidery then the above site might help.

  20. #20
    Senior Member quilter711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    512
    Blog Entries
    47
    Thank you to all that responded. Yes, this is a wonderful board! I have found lots of information because of you ladies even about hand work which I have started to enjoy after retiring. I have the time and patience for it now!!
    quilter711
    Nancy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.