Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for a stringless apron pattern like the one shown at...

Blog Entries

Looking for a stringless apron pattern like the one shown at...

Juicyaprons.yolasite.com. Under vintage aprons Gallery #2. Love this idea and emailed the person about purchasing a pattern from her but didn't get a response. I've looked at all kinds of retail apron patterns and don't see one like this. Hoping someone out there can help! Thanks so much

Power Poster
    Blog Entries

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    All kinds of sites when I Googled "No Tie Aprons"

Blog Entries
    I looked at the website and it looks as if the maker does not sell the pattern; she is making her profit from selling the aprons. You could purchase one of her aprons and then make your own pattern from it. It does look pretty easy to make from commercial patterns. I would probably look for a pattern with a similar yoke, then just wing the front (looks like some simple pleats where it connects to the front yoke) and back pieces.
    Last edited by Prism99; 03-07-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Here is a link for the kind of no tie apron I remember my gran having http://www.japanesesewingbooks.com/2...dult-and-kids/

If you are not set on that style you may try looking up criss cross apron, or cross over apron . My grandma wore these and they had no ties . I found several free patterns when I looked .

Here is an apron - which you can make with no tie or you can add ties Name:  Apron.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  114.9 KBonto the back of the apron - I made 15 of these for a wedding we held in our back yard - all those ladies and gents whom helped with the wedding - took theirs home

I made them all 22 inches wide - the full length, however you may have to make larger if you want to stitch up the sides.
    Last edited by d.rickman; 03-08-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    Quilting People are the Best, Have a great sewing day!
    DonnaJ

Blog Entries
    How about a man's button front shirt, leaving the collar on and cutting around the sleeve and down the sides. That should be easy to make without a pattern.

Power Poster
    Try googling it...

Hello,

I just joined your Board to answer your question about the stringless apron pattern. I am sorry I did not reply to your email because I was actually afraid it was spam since I did not recognize your email address.

I do not have a pattern for the "No Tie Vintage Apron" that you viewed on my website that I can share right now. It's only a piece of cardboard with scribbles on it. I took an actual vintage apron apart to develop my pattern. It was from the early 1900's or before.

I did receive lots of hits on my website because of your blog post and one sale so thank you so much. More later....

Karen Jones, Juicy Aprons