Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Looks like I'm the only one that takes the summer off >

Looks like I'm the only one that takes the summer off

Looks like I'm the only one that takes the summer off

Old 06-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

I don't quilt as much in the summer either. The yard and camping take a lot of my time. But winter will come and it's quilting again.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Google Goddess

Hubby has to do my flowers beds for me, can't bend like I used to and some areas has poison oak (I'm allergic to it)

have fun with your flower beds and when you can quilt some
Old 06-11-2010, 04:09 PM

my plan was to SEW SEW SEW this summer - it's the first summer FOREVER that I don't have classes or certification poo.

instead, looks like i'm going to be creating curiculum (like i could spell that on summer break) for three new classes while babysitting the 7yo nephew unexpectedly (sister's summer plans fell through)

i guess there's always next summer...
Old 06-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

I dont really take the Summer off of quilting, but sure dont have much time to do it. Always in the garden, or working!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

I do spend more time outdoors in the summer, but I do enjoy sewing in the early mornings and evenings :D:D:D Here in the PNW we have too little sunny weather LOL
Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 AM

Summer is my best time for sewing. It's cool in my daylight basement and I can use any time of the day not just evenings or weekends like when I'm working!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:40 AM

I love the summer but the heat in Texas is too much for me. My DH does the yard and I do some of my gardens. I always plant things that are pretty self-helping. LOL. The years go by and I can do less. It is sad. But I do what I can and rest later. Seems like summers are busy for everyone, GKs out of school, yards to tend to, picnics, My gks like to come and go down to the river to sit in the water and play. So far, I haven't done much in two months because of my left elbow but monday the 14th is almost here. Going to get it fixed again. Everyone, stay cool, don't over do it outside in the heat, enjoy your beautiful yards and gardens, and.....don't be afraid to get in the sprinkler system adn cool down. WE are never to old to enjoy. Happy quilting.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

I take the summer off to. I am happy to be out in the sun and flowers. Raining rightnow or I would be outside doing some more planting.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:48 PM

Spend most summer weekends at my land in SE TX. Had not been here in 2-1/2 months when I came down last weekend and the weeds and spiders had taken over! Still can't get the lawnmower to stay started...DS#3 is working on it, but not sure what the problem is. Got lots of dead branches picked up and roasted weiners & marshmallows last night. Was too hot to be either outside or inside (A/C in travel trailer not doing too well either) by 11 AM so DS & I went into town to eat, came back for a little while and decided to go shopping where it would be cool. Hit the Dollar store and Home Depot. Haven't located a nearby fabric store yet. Probably very good for my bank account LOL! If it cools off a bit more will get out my green around the world that is nearly done and see if I can get the third corner finished. Lack about 30 - 35 more 2-1/2" squares on each of these last two corners.