loseing things

Old 03-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

I lose my keys or my checkbook frequently!! I have wished many times they would make a small beeper for these things so I can find them when I lose them!! My scissors I do lose but usually I have a fair idea where to find them. Usually under the scraps I have tossed aside or on the other table when I forgot I carried them over there to cut something and didn't return them to my work table.

Very frustrating!! I'm not good at putting things back. I get too involved in what I am doing and the I'll do it later syndrome takes over!! LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 03:58 PM

I can have something in my hand, put it down, and lose it...without getting up from where I was when I had it! Start looking around, no where. It's like losing the scissors and/or tape when you're sitting in the floor wrapping gifts!
No, Minnow, you are not alone!
Carol B
Old 03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Banned

Oh lordy, if someone can locate my diamond wedding band that I lost LAST SUMMER in MY bedroom it would be much appreciated :)
Old 03-24-2010, 04:55 PM

I wear a mouthguard at night (dentist made). I lost it for 8 weeks once. I remembered placing on our bed before I went to bed and then leaving the room for something. It's clear. I found it under my mattress!!! Yes, I had changed the sheets in all of that time but once when I was particularly aggressive stripping the bed, bing, out it came. I was so glad. I'd bought a cheapy one at the pharmacy that hurt my mouth and had priced a replacement. Those things aren't cheap. I am much more careful now and always keep it in its holder.
PS So...look for your ring under your mattress. Might be there.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I lose my keys or my checkbook frequently!! I have wished many times they would make a small beeper for these things so I can find them when I lose them!!
Very frustrating!! I'm not good at putting things back. I get too involved in what I am doing and the I'll do it later syndrome takes over!! LOL
I have the same problem .i once "lost" my work keys for a week. They were where I thought was a good place to put them, but now I clip them on my purse when I get off work. I sometimes think I am going crazy when I had something, reach for it, and cannot find it.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:40 AM

As the saying goes its in the last place you look ..I look for my glasses often only to find them.. on my head. I call this sometimers disorder. Sometimes I remember where things are and sometimes I dont. One day I will have moretimers and well moretimes than not I will not remember where I put stuff upside is I dont think I will mind but I dont remember.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:00 AM

Oh Yeah, do I know. The worst part is when you know you put it there and now it is gone. You have looked all over and nothing, you have just about given up and look, it is were you put it. But it was not there when you looked the first time and you looked very hard. I'm telling you somebody (or thing) is playing tricks with my mind.
I can't stand it, my short term memory is the pits any more. With my thyroid diease and no more hormones (except the snythetic replacement) I have no memory (or so it seems).
My husband gets frustrated with me sometimes because he has to tell me things over and over sometimes. I told him there is a calender on the wall and to use it if he really wants me to remember things.
It scares me to think of what is to come if I am this way now. I will be 50 this year, is there anything out there we can do to change this or improve it or even stop it from getting any worse.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 AM

Keys, they are one of the hard ones. I ended up buying one of those key ring things you hang from your neck and I bought the brightest one I could find and it really helps. I have gotten into more of a habit of making sure I put them in my purse but now the bright part hangs over the outside of it.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

I don't have brain damage - or not proven yet anyway, and I try to put things where I can find them, then forget where they are. I think alot of this is not keeping my mind on task at hand and also just sticking things in an open spot.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 AM

I sometimes put my glasses right on the collar of my tshirt. Can't tell you how many times I've run up and down the stairs looking for them when they were quite literally under my nose.