Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The loss of the perfect coffee cup >

The loss of the perfect coffee cup

The loss of the perfect coffee cup

Old 10-17-2018, 07:52 PM

A glass measuring cup fell out of the cupboard and broke one of my favorite mugs this week. I'm going to glue it so I can still look at it, but it won't be usable. Sad, but when you consider how much the people in the hurricane lost, it's very trivial.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:24 AM

Have you tried contacting the store where you bought it?
Old 10-19-2018, 03:26 AM

Glad to read the stories of everyones coffee mug. I too have a favorite one I purchased it while on vacation a few yrs ago and hope It will last me for many more yrs without breaking it lol
Old 10-19-2018, 05:31 AM
CR

My daughter bought me one when she and her husband went on vacation to New Orleans. She got it at the Café Du Monde and you can purchase them on line. I love mine. It holds about 10 ounces and keeps the coffee/tea nice and warm. www.CafeDuMonde.com
Old 10-19-2018, 05:31 AM
CR

I forgot to mention, it is microwave safe. No sparks
Old 10-19-2018, 12:34 PM

I hate the cheap ceramic mugs, the ones that chip if you so much as look at it.

I've gotten to the age where when I find something that fits just right, feels just right, is my favorite color, whatever - I buy as many as I can afford/carry/have room for. This includes jeans that fit perfectly; shoes that are super comfy; good, heavy whisky tumblers; bras, and sunglasses. Especially sunglasses!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I hate the cheap ceramic mugs, the ones that chip if you so much as look at it.

I've gotten to the age where when I find something that fits just right, feels just right, is my favorite color, whatever - I buy as many as I can afford/carry/have room for. This includes jeans that fit perfectly; shoes that are super comfy; good, heavy whisky tumblers; bras, and sunglasses. Especially sunglasses!
Especially bras! I found two bras at a resale shop; brand new and my size. I think I'm supplied for life now.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:44 AM

To me, the perfect cup has to hold a lot of coffee, especially since I use the K-cups and I hate strong coffee, so I do the large cups twice. It has to be able to go into the microwave without getting hot and burning my hands. I have one now but I liked my last one so much better. I totally understand what you mean when that favorite mug goes missing or broken. Not any cup will do.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
I really like the Connecting Threads mugs. They are just right for me. Not to thick a rim, large rounded, and a handle my hand can go in and wrap around the cup. When I need a little more to add for free shipping I add a mug to my order. https://www.connectingthreads.com/qu...ug-red/p/71468
That is my favorite, also. I was given one at a quilt retreat. The granddaughter, who could reach it on the table, dropped it. : ( I added one to an order for Connecting Threads.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:36 PM

I had a mug that a student had given me to replace one he had broken. It had Hakuna Matata on in. It was a great way to start the day. Just the right size. It broke a couple of weeks ago.

The other mug I love is a travel mug a student gave me but I can't find the top.

I will keep looking