Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The loss of the perfect coffee cup >

The loss of the perfect coffee cup

The loss of the perfect coffee cup

Old 10-16-2018, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
I feel your pain. Some people just don't get it. They call themselves coffee drinkers but they're happy with a 6 oz cup.......one. Though as I age my favourite cup is starting to feel...well....heavy in my arthritic hands. Keep looking.
mine is getting heavier too. so now it's a two hand hold. the delightful benefit of holding with two hands is that along with my morning coffee, pain relief from hot cup. like having heating pad for my hands
Old 10-16-2018, 08:01 AM

Sorry for your loss! Once you find something perfect, then it gets snatched away, that really hurts. Could you contact the store in Alaska where you purchased the cup?
Old 10-16-2018, 08:51 AM

Who knew coffee mugs could take up two pages of conversation? :-) I have favorites too, but I wait to see which one "speaks" to me when I open the cabinet and that is my favorite for the day! You are on the right track going to the thrift stores. I see all kinds there and frequently ones from travel destinations, so keep shopping around and you may find your baby again!
Old 10-16-2018, 09:19 AM

Me too! I have (fortunately) 2 fave mugs.
Maybe your replacement is here somewhere? Some are a bit pricey!
https://www.etsy.com/market/alaska_coffee_mug
Old 10-16-2018, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by roguequilter View Post
mine is getting heavier too. so now it's a two hand hold. the delightful benefit of holding with two hands is that along with my morning coffee, pain relief from hot cup. like having heating pad for my hands
Yes!! This!!
Old 10-16-2018, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
I really like the Connecting Threads mugs. They are just right for me. Not to thick a rim, large rounded, and a handle my hand can go in and wrap around the cup. When I need a little more to add for free shipping I add a mug to my order. https://www.connectingthreads.com/qu...ug-red/p/71468
This is the one I have, and use almost exclusively.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:48 AM

This is MY coffee cup, I start with a hot cup of coffee in my huge mug, and sip on it and two more, then I I am done for the day. I have always loved Tinkerbell, and my DD got it for me years ago. No one uses it but me. 1/2 t. Local honey in the first 12 Oz cup, black after that. We buy the darkest roast coffee because it has the least amount of caffeine since a DH have high blood pressure, and like coffee, so this is our way to have coffee and not explode our hearts. I just can’t deal with decafinated coffee it gives me horrible heartburn, but regular dark roast does not. After my three cups of coffee, the only thing I drink in spring water. Nothing else.

*(Note the flat bottom? All my cups are this type now, I have had waaay too many flip over if I don’t get them “landed” properly. Lol.)
Attached Thumbnails cecc7686-2367-409a-bb6f-289e74e4ee31.jpeg  

Last edited by madamekelly; 10-16-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:51 PM

I found two nice mugs at a rummage sale with "feet". Or maybe it is called a "pedestal". I loved those cups because the bottom was quite large. Then I found another matching one at another rummage sale, miles away and a year or two later. My favorite cups. Then I broke one and my husband broke another. Now I have just one and it gets used several times every day . In the morning for my Cup-a-Joe and later for tea.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:18 PM

I hope you find your cup soon. Yes I'm right there with you. I have one that I got at Disneyland about 15 years ago. Wouldn't trade it for anything! My 'perfect cup' of coffee just starts the day out right.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:46 AM

For years... like 20, I used a mug my college roommate sent me for my 23rd birthday. It was from the Chicago Institute of Art and had a print of Ballerinas by Degas. I loved that mug! Then, 4 years ago, we remodeled our kitchen, and as a treat to myself, I purchased new Mikasa bone china dishes. Just plain white, but so perfect and pretty. I've started using the cups that came with the set. I love these cups, thin rimmed and pretty, and somehow, even though the cups are thin, they keep my coffee hot longer! Who knew!