Lost and found..

Old 12-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Cyn

That's great and a note of thanks from your daughter would be wonderful!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:34 AM

The same thing happened to me, I had been to a show, and a cleaner found it, rang the first name on my phone, which happened to be my son who then went to meet the chap to get my phone and thank him. Just wish he had also got the chaps phone number for me to thank him.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:50 AM

What a wonderful lady!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:59 AM

she was so nice! joe went to meet up with her, and she would not take any money..
i am watching the school closings, nothing for wyandotte schools yet.
joe broke the ice scraper cleaning off my car this morning.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:46 AM

I found a cell phone at a bus stop once, called a number at random from the list, it was owner's son and made arrangements for him to pick it up.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:47 AM

That is so neat that she would do that.

I got a phone call one day and this male voice said, "do you know where your phone is? I found it in a Target parking lot on Lakeline Blvd". As soon as he said that I knew that my daughter had lost her phone. He told me he was turning it into the service desk. I emailed my daughter and asked her where her phone was, she said "in my purse". I told her to go look and she came back and said "it's not there!" I told about the phone call and she went to get it. She had only been home about 5 minutes!!

There are good people in this world!

BTW: Make the first number on your list one that will know where you can be contacted as most people that find a phone will call the first number on the contact list.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:10 AM

I am so glad there are good people in this world. I was at the grocery store and as I was getting in my car I saw this man staring at me. I hurried up as it was getting dark and not many cars in the parking lot. I pulled out onto the street and looked in my rearview mirror and he was behind me. Every turn I made he was there. I drove faster and faster to get home. I turned down my street which is a dead end and he was there. Pulled into the driveway, left the groceries in the car and ran into the house, my heart almost beating out of my chest. I hurriedly told my husband between breaths "Man following me". He went out the door and I went to the window in time to see the man hand my husband my purse I had left in the shopping cart. Boy did I feel stupid.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by TeresaT
I am so glad there are good people in this world. I was at the grocery store and as I was getting in my car I saw this man staring at me. I hurried up as it was getting dark and not many cars in the parking lot. I pulled out onto the street and looked in my rearview mirror and he was behind me. Every turn I made he was there. I drove faster and faster to get home. I turned down my street which is a dead end and he was there. Pulled into the driveway, left the groceries in the car and ran into the house, my heart almost beating out of my chest. I hurriedly told my husband between breaths "Man following me". He went out the door and I went to the window in time to see the man hand my husband my purse I had left in the shopping cart. Boy did I feel stupid.
Not stupid, just careful! He could have held up the purse for you to see! Even than I would have pulled over in a public area with people around.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 AM

Sometimes you just happen to find the right people or they find you. I was at Walmart the other day and saw a friend driving through the parking lot. When I pulled beside her and rolled the window down she said, "Oh, I was here earlier, then went to Walgreens. That's when I remembered that I'd left my purse in the cart." Sure enough, in a cart in the cart corral was her purse. No one had bothered it.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Sometimes you just happen to find the right people or they find you. I was at Walmart the other day and saw a friend driving through the parking lot. When I pulled beside her and rolled the window down she said, "Oh, I was here earlier, then went to Walgreens. That's when I remembered that I'd left my purse in the cart." Sure enough, in a cart in the cart corral was her purse. No one had bothered it.
She was plum lucky!!