Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: LQS destroyed be fire!!!!

LQS destroyed be fire!!!!

Boo Hoo!!!!! One of my favorate quilt shop- Shaker Tree in garretsville , Oh was destroyed by fire on Sat along with 12 other businesses. This was was a realy nice shop that carried a wide variety of fabric- batiks, 30's, floral, civil war as well as really cute country decorating items for the home or gifts. I will really miss this shop. I hope they rebuild!!!!!
    "In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you are in my block of friends."

Oh gosh, that is terrible! Those poor people to have lost so much. I hope they have insurance!!
    Alyce

So sorry for every one. What a tragedy. Hope they can rebuild.

So sad! Praying they have insurance...

I saw that on the news- such a tragedy.

How sad for all those businesses and the entire town.

Power Poster
    What a blow for the entire community! Most town main streets are hanging on by their fingernails anyway. I hope they have insurance to rebuild.

That is so so sad. A number of years ago that happened near here in Sun Prairie, WI. The shop downtown burned then she re-opened eventually farther out in a mall. Agree that something like this is a real blow for a business and also to your community.
    Lori

Hate to see that happen. How awful for all those businesses.
    Heather

fires are so tragic I feel bad for the loss that people suffer just a few days ago there was a motel fire in new jersey some died and some people left homeless from hurricane sandy that were living there lost everything again so sad

Oh my, a story like that tears at my heart. I've had places near me go out of business for other reasons, but the thought of all that fabric going up in smoke just makes me want to cry. I do hope they re-build for you too.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    Oh my, such a sad beginning to my week. I do not watch TV, so was not aware of this tragedy. My heart and prayers go out to all of them as they get through this awful thing.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Power Poster
    What a tragedy for all 12 businesses, but hope they can all rebuild.

Power Poster
    oh haTE TO HEAR THINGS LIKE THAT
    QUILTNMO

Quote Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
    Boo Hoo!!!!! One of my favorate quilt shop- Shaker Tree in garretsville , Oh was destroyed by fire on Sat along with 12 other businesses. This was was a realy nice shop that carried a wide variety of fabric- batiks, 30's, floral, civil war as well as really cute country decorating items for the home or gifts. I will really miss this shop. I hope they rebuild!!!!!
    I'm probably 30 miles from there and that was such a bad fire. I didn't even know they had a quilt shop there. Matter of fact I've never been through their downtown. I hope they rebuild too

That is horrible for all of the people involved. I hope all of the businesses can recover from this.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

Sad to hear that!

Even more sad to actually see it go up in flames. I was the last customer in the shop. Kim cut a yard of fabric
    for me and then the electric went out. My husband was the first to call 911 because he was waiting for me outside while I was shopping.
    It was the loveliest quilt shop with the nicest owners. I really hope the reopen and the town of Garrettsville, Ohio recovers from this.
    Don't find fault, find a remedy.

My goodness, so sorry for these people, watched a little news clip showing the area. http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local...treet/6737031/

Oh my.....how sad. Hope nobody was hurt. It turns my stomach to hear of anyone losing everything by fire.

I'm not far from there but never knew about that shop. So sad now that I missed it. I too hope they'll rebuild so I can visit!
    The fire was horrible. Watched on the news and posts on Facebook. So sad to lose such history.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by luvstitches View Post
    Even more sad to actually see it go up in flames. I was the last customer in the shop. Kim cut a yard of fabric
    for me and then the electric went out. My husband was the first to call 911 because he was waiting for me outside while I was shopping.
    It was the loveliest quilt shop with the nicest owners. I really hope the reopen and the town of Garrettsville, Ohio recovers from this.
    It must have been terrible to see the fire and know that you were the shops last customer.

several of you mentioned that you were fairly local and did not about this shop. Getting to know where LQS are is a great reason to go on shop hops. NE Ohio has many good shops so do a google search to find many of them!!!! Or PM me and I will be happy to show you some!!!!!
    "In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you are in my block of friends."

It must have been terrible to see the fire and know that you were the shops last customer.

several of you mentioned that you were fairly local and did not about this shop. Getting to know where LQS are is a great reason to go on shop hops. NE Ohio has many good shops so do a google search to find many of them!!!! Or PM me and I will be happy to show you some!!!!!
    I go on at least 2 Shop Hops a year and this one was not at any of them. The next one here is the beginning of Apr and I'm not sure if I'm doing this one

Hope no one was hurt. Boston lost 2 firefighters yesterday. Sad day around this area.

Here's to hoping for rebuilding!
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

A LQS close to me came very close to going up in flames last year. A fire started in the back of the building, which was used by the owner as a warehouse. My hubby and I were driving through town and saw the column of black smoke and as we got closer I saw that it was the LQS's building. Fortunately for them the fire was put out quickly and they had only a bit of smoke damage in the shop. Also, many, many people helpd bring all the fabric bolts out of the building so they did not get smokey. They were closed for a week for cleaning and replacing a door the was broken down by the fire crew.