Lutterloh System

Old 03-22-2011, 05:33 AM

Has anyone tried this system, and what are your opinions of it? I have been looking at it for some time - it seems a little pricey and not sure if I could justify paying that much. Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 05:34 AM

Sorry, can't help you here. :?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:45 AM

I've been to a demonstration of the system but I haven't bought it since I haven't been making clothes too much in the past 10 yrs. From the reviews I've found it seems to work fairly well although I don't think it has assembly directions. You know....pin sleeve to armhole easing it in...type of thing. You need to already know how to assemble the pieces after cutting.
Someday I'd really like to buy it.
Let us know if you get it and what you think of it.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 AM

Since I have a broad back, i had questions regarding altering the pattern. It says you need only 2 measurements, the bust and the hips - so it is a little confusing to me.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:11 AM

Never heard of it.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 AM

I got it in the 90s or maybe the late 80s. Seems to work well, but I'll admit that the only thing I made from it was a vest. That fit me better than any I've ever had before. Now I buy a pair of well fitting pants, plus another one to get matching fabric. Tear one up and make a matching vest. Still have the rest of it, intend to use it "one of these days". Maybe.
But the sicssors that I bought from this demo I've treasured every since, KAI brand. Best I've ever had.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:38 AM

I have the Lutterloh System. If you intend on making your own patterns, or wish to alter store bought patterns even, and if you sew you're own clothes it is well worth the expense.

You will learn how to take the basic pattern and have something that totally fits YOU. From the basic pattern you then can alter any other pattern.

Once you see how the pattern works, you can then measure on yourself to determine how a pattern should be so that anything you make will fit your body. Did you know that your right side can be different from your left? Knowing your own personal measurements will help this.

With this system you can also then make clothes for others that will fit them.

Pam M
Old 03-22-2011, 10:27 AM

I bought this system about a year ago. I have kinda narrow shoulders and a pretty big belly(think 7 mos pregnant). Ive made several shirts and pajama tops. They fit better than anything I've made before.
My problem even with clothes I buy is when I get it big enough to go around my belly it's too big in the shoulders.

I've been really happy with it even tho it was pretty expensive. I bought mine at a demo they had at my local Hancock store.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:37 AM

It is a great system if you are hard to fit. I am an exagerated "pear" and it works great for me. It is huge in the UK, Denmark where it originated in the 1930's!!!, Germany and such. It seems pricey but with your initial purchase you get about 200 patterns! Granted, some are childrens and some are men's, but very few. If you can get a basic skirt, top and pants to fit perfectly it is really all you need, from there the sky is the limit! Basic sewing knowledge is required though...not for a beginner sewist. Michelle
Old 08-24-2012, 05:00 PM

You won't believe it, but I bought the system for $5 several yrs ago..maybe around 1995...and I've never used it! I got the measuring doodads, the pattern sheet of skirt, shorts, vest, etc etc...and a video which I've really enjoyed watching several times. I guess it might be an older product by now, but it was a very special offer I found in my big city newspaper (Nashville) and ordered it. I know--it doesn't sound believable! I wonder if I got everything that you speak of being so expensive??