Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • machine embroidery newbie question >
  • machine embroidery newbie question

• machine embroidery newbie question

Old 06-26-2017, 04:56 AM

Great tips. I'll have to try some of them. I have a PE770 and just bought an Innovis NQ1400 I haven't had the time to even take out of the box.
    Old 06-26-2017, 09:38 AM

Ok, what's "FSL"?
    Old 06-26-2017, 10:27 AM

FSL is free standing lace.
    Old 06-26-2017, 10:51 AM

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by mermaid
    I have 2 methods..I sew the scraps together with wash-a-way thread, and I seldom hoop stabilizer. Instead I hoop the item to be embroidered and slide a scrap of stabilizer under the hoop where the design will be. The sales person instructed me to do this many yrs ago when I bought my 1st machine.
    I have never tried either of these ideas. My sales person told me to extend the stabilizer beyond the sides of the hoop. I will try your ideas. Thank you.
    Old 06-27-2017, 03:47 AM

I just baste new material in the holes I have made previously.. I save decent sized pieces of stabilizer just like my scraps of fabric. Have fun
    Old 06-27-2017, 04:04 AM

I too am a newbie to Emb. I have a PE770 that DH gave me for Christmas, I haven't had time to play with it yet. I wanted to get DS's memory quilt completed first and just finished it last week. I have a different question. He ordered it new, and didn't go to a local dealer it was a pkg. deal and several different hoops and loads of thread were included. My question is: do I need to purchase special software in order to use any of the designs that can be downloaded from some of the emb. sites, such as Embroider Online and other places. If I need special software to do this, which software do you ladies recommend and where can I order it from? Do I need to purchase a special thumb drive to use for this or what? Any information is definitely appreciated. I am totally clueless. DD wants me to emb. some logos for her shirts she wears at her work. If you do not want to mention brand names here, please pm me I need to know as soon as possible. plan to start getting to know this machine this week. I doubt if the local dealers closest is 100 miles from me, would want to give any classes, free or paid for since we did not purchase from them. Thanks
    Old 06-27-2017, 05:29 AM

Default software???

Gerbie, I don't use a special software. I have downloaded free designs and haven't had any problems with them turning out as they should.
    Old 06-27-2017, 06:55 AM
    DJ

Originally Posted by Gerbie
    I too am a newbie to Emb. I have a PE770 that DH gave me for Christmas, I haven't had time to play with it yet. I wanted to get DS's memory quilt completed first and just finished it last week. I have a different question. He ordered it new, and didn't go to a local dealer it was a pkg. deal and several different hoops and loads of thread were included. My question is: do I need to purchase special software in order to use any of the designs that can be downloaded from some of the emb. sites, such as Embroider Online and other places. If I need special software to do this, which software do you ladies recommend and where can I order it from? Do I need to purchase a special thumb drive to use for this or what? Any information is definitely appreciated. I am totally clueless. DD wants me to emb. some logos for her shirts she wears at her work. If you do not want to mention brand names here, please pm me I need to know as soon as possible. plan to start getting to know this machine this week. I doubt if the local dealers closest is 100 miles from me, would want to give any classes, free or paid for since we did not purchase from them. Thanks
    You need to download your digitized patterns in PES format for the Brother machine. Any thumb drive will work but do not put the patterns in a folder on the drive. Have fun!
    Old 06-27-2017, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
    You don't need any special software. Just use a thumb drive to download designs. The only problem I have with my PE770 is if I put too many designs on a thumb drive it won't read all the designs. I've been told to use a smaller GB drive but that doesn't seem to help. I'm open to suggestions on how to correct this.
    Old 06-27-2017, 09:03 AM

DJ, Maggie Lou and dee 1245 Thanks so very much forth much need info. I knew someone would know the answer. About how many designs do you normally put on your thumb drives. I really appreciate your responses. I hope I can make them work for me. I'm really looking forward to getting started on some emb. projects. Again THANKS bunches.