Machine Embroidery

Old 06-10-2012, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ccorazone View Post
I do machine embroidery and have lots of designs for In The Hoop. I have gotten most of them from
www.smartneedle.com
They have very whimsical designs you might enjoy. Be sure to look for their free ones. Send PM and we can maybe discuss a trade.
This is a great website! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:18 PM

I enjoy machine embroidery too. Sometimes it is a nice change of pace from the quilting. Today I am trying a new project-a ring bearer pillow. I'll let you know how it goes. It's my first time embroidering on satin! I love the websites mentioned above. Also try Secrets of Embroidery at http://www.secretsof.com
Old 06-11-2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by cricut_farmer View Post
Try Moose-B-Stitchin, http://moosebstitchin.net/newest_design_sets.htm All her designs are in the hoop.
I've been wondering about these ITH designs with a zipper. Does it really save time? It looks like more trouble than it's worth. How long would you say it takes to make one of these little zip things?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:27 PM

emblibrary.com has lots of them. They make life so much easier doing them all in the hoop. There are lots of people on here that do embroidery for quilting and for lots of other projects. We've even asked for our own link but was told no. I made a coin purse designed by our emb club teacher with the zipper and my initial on it. Lots of fun. Yours is cute.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
I've been wondering about these ITH designs with a zipper. Does it really save time? It looks like more trouble than it's worth. How long would you say it takes to make one of these little zip things?
Doing the zipper in the hoop is so much easier than the traditional way. I took a class one night and made one in less than an hour and that was learning as I went because I was late to class due to work so I'm always playing catch up. I'm going to re design mine so the zipper goes up and down instead of across to make it easier to get the debit card out of it; mine is oval shaped.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Default machine embroidery

Originally Posted by SandyFay View Post
I love machine embroidery and have done several ITH designs. There is a site called cuteembroidery.com that I get lots of free embroidery designs including ITH...one very similar to your owl design. Check it out, I think you'll like it!
Hi,
I have a Viking Designer SE and haven't embroidered for awhile. But I am definately going to this site. Thank you for the post. The owl is adorable.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:36 PM

http://www.secretsof.com

Love this site! Thanks for sharing~