Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
made my first Bow Tuck purse.... >

made my first Bow Tuck purse....

made my first Bow Tuck purse....

Old 09-13-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by moedersaar
Help me please.
Can somebody tell me were I can purchase a bow tuck pattern I have been to my local shops and walmart but they have no idea what I am talking about, I would like to make some for christmas presents, or maybe I can buy one from one of you ladies. thank you so much in advance sally
Have sent you a PM
Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 PM

Amazon.com is where I bought mine.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by moedersaar
Help me please.
Can somebody tell me were I can purchase a bow tuck pattern I have been to my local shops and walmart but they have no idea what I am talking about, I would like to make some for christmas presents, or maybe I can buy one from one of you ladies. thank you so much in advance sally
Just Google "Bow Tuck Pattern" and you will find sources. I purchased mine on eBay for $6 plus shipping.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:17 AM

I have make over 25 Bow Tucks and you need to use Pellon 987 Fusible Fleece - I got some at Wal-mart (half the price but not 987) and it was just to thick. Jo-Ann's have a 50% coupon starting Sun Sept 25th so I will stock up then.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 AM

I havent read every response so if my tip is already posted please forgive me for repeating but here is what works for me: I use 987 on both the outside and the lining of the bag. I found that the bag is just not sturdy enough without it. To alleviate the problem of "thickness" when sewing it together I always cut my 987 a half inch shorter than I need to back each piece. That way when I center it on the back of the piece I have a quarter inch of fabric showing on each side all the way around. When sewing the bag together I then barely catch the edge of the 987 in the seams. I've made many bags using this method and they have all held together really well and I have no bulkiness in the seams. Hope that helps.