Magnesium rich foods?

Old 11-14-2014, 04:45 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look up some of the links given, but on my iPad. Surely I will have better luck than using my computer. I am especially happy to know the tips on enlarging the font! I am computer illiterate but have one anyway. About the Mag-ox, that is the one he told me to use, and he is a cardiologist. When my current supply runs out I will look for the ones you mentioned.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patient...mRichFoods.pdf

http://www.dietitians.ca/Nutrition-R...Magnesium.aspx

Well, here are two links. The first one seems to have readable print. Maybe you can print out the second one and use a magnifying glass?

You'd have to see if you can eat what's on the list, since we don't know if you have any other dietary limitations. Good luck with it. I'm trying to get enough of what I need to help my bones. Not an easy journey!!
If you can take it, get citrical bone density builder, it helps rebuild your bones. In early 2000 I had osteo with x-ray and 4 years ago VA gave me one and I was pre. Also broke my right upper arm (spiral fracture) in bad fall and bone Dr. was amazed in mid 60's the bone had healed up in only 8 weeks with just a splint on it, as I had been told surgery could lead to nerve damage in right hand. So I opted to leave splint on for 3 weeks never removing it, washed in sink, but wasn't doing much. It was the citrical that made the difference.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
If you can take it, get citrical bone density builder, it helps rebuild your bones. In early 2000 I had osteo with x-ray and 4 years ago VA gave me one and I was pre. Also broke my right upper arm (spiral fracture) in bad fall and bone Dr. was amazed in mid 60's the bone had healed up in only 8 weeks with just a splint on it, as I had been told surgery could lead to nerve damage in right hand. So I opted to leave splint on for 3 weeks never removing it, washed in sink, but wasn't doing much. It was the citrical that made the difference.

Thanks for that info. However, one of the ingredients in this product is Genistein which has soy properties and since I am on a medication for estrogen positive breast cancer, I'm going to stay away from it. My vitamin supplement contains the rest of the ingredients minus the calcium. The medication has done a number on my bones, so in addition to the magnesium and calcium and Vitamin D I take Strontium Citrate and the MK-4 and MK-7 forms of Vitamin K. I also exercise with weights 3x a week and wear a weighted vest about 3 hours a week. I'm not a doctor and not recommending any of my protocol! And I won't know if it is working til my next bone density test in about 18 months. It's so hard to figure out what works, what is safe, etc. I've found a lot of help on the National Osteoporosis Society website in their Inspire forum. Wishing all of you good luck in finding what works for you in the safest way possible!!!! PS, another important thing is not to fall!!!!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:06 PM

Alyce, I will be praying for you to get healthy again. My DH has had 4 kinds of CA the last 16 years and keeps responding to treatment and gets better until the next one pops up somewhere else and we start over. He is 82 next month so is doing well.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:19 PM

Dear yngkdy.
Thank you very much for the control scroll info. I didn't know that. Fabulous,

Kathleen Campbell
edit to add correct age 73. I don't know how to edit my siggy

Last edited by quilter68; 11-14-2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: age