Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

wow seems we have lost lots of interest on this thread this month. nothing for 2 days. DO I even need to start a new thread for April???????
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I have not been around much at all this month. My son had sinus surgery and was home recuping for 2 weeks. He's back down in San Diego now but am keeping busy.

Yes you should run it again for April. Sometimes our lives just get busy!
    Thanks for keeping this up Cindy!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Weather been so nice been out and about. Lots of us have cabin fever!
    Cindy hope your feeling better!!

We have had a few days in the 40's so the snow and ice are melting. Sounded like it was raining today with the snow melting off of the roof.
    I finally finished my Irish quilt. Woohoo! Now I can start on Allie's quilt.
    Good grief. It's after 2 am. Better get to bed!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  1.10 MB

Blog Entries
    I have just been busy the last few days. I had my carpets cleaned yesterday to get ready for the new furniture that is coming today. Woo Hoo!! I have been out of town the last 2 weekends so I am so far behind around the house. The carpet guys were supposed to come between 2 and 4 yesterday they called at 10 and wanted to come at 11:30. I frantically cleaned and moved furniture. All of my living room furniture is in my kitchen. We are rearranging the living room so I wanted it cleaned under the furniture too. I am kinda pissed because the carpet is still a little bit damp this morning. The stairs are still pretty wet. The carpet does look a lot better though. We thought about new carpet too but we blew the budget on the furniture. Maybe next year.
    I am on spring break. It is a short one for me this year but we get out of school really early. My last day is May 23rd:-) Only 38 more days. And I am taking 5 of those off when my DD has the baby. The baby is due April 23rd. I was working on his quilt last night. It is machine appliqued. I have a few small pieces to applique yet, then layer and quilt it. I really want to work on the optical illusion quilt, but the baby quilt needs to get done as it has a deadline.
    I have a really hard time behaving myself food wise when I am around the house. Too many temptations. At school not only is there no time to eat there isn't anything around to eat. I made some chocolate caramel thins to send to my DIL and I can't stay out of them. Shipping them out of here today. They are soooooooooooo yummy.
    Cindy I hope the bronchitis is doing better.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    BEAUTIFUL! No, GORGEOUS! Love it all.
    Last edited by Pete; 03-29-2013 at 07:20 AM.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Ok I will keep the thread going next month. And I understand about cabin fever. having some of that myself. Haven't had my weekly date with my gentleman friend for a couple weeks due to health issues for me.

Yes I am finally starting to feel better, my biggest challenge is the cough syrup is full of a sugary substance causing my blood sugars to go up. With this happening I wish he would have given me the steroid shot to get over it quicker. UGH if not one thing its another.

I am working on several swaps this weekend to get out.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Have been down with my back and then just as it was getting better, thanks to shots in the spine, I got a horrendous cold on top of allergies! Really messed up dieting in a "Woe is me" attitude. Need to get back on track.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    With budding bushes and some trees budding, allergies flaring up all over the place. Even my dogs are sneezing after being in the grass. lol...Glad you are feeling better Cindy. Pete sorry to hear of your back and your cold. Meanmom you have really been busy, and glad about your new furniture. Pam H that quilt is so pretty. lots of work went into that. Hi to everyone else, and all of us have had cabin fever and want out. lol....
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

I forgot to post on Thursday that I was down another 1.6 lbs. So much going on right now. I've been going out to my mom and dad's house twice a day to feed their cat. They've gone to see my brother and his family.

If we do this again in April, do you know what colors we will be collecting?

I hope all of you who are not feeling well get better. Maybe if Spring finally gets here, we'll all feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
    I forgot to post on Thursday that I was down another 1.6 lbs. So much going on right now. I've been going out to my mom and dad's house twice a day to feed their cat. They've gone to see my brother and his family.

If we do this again in April, do you know what colors we will be collecting?

I hope all of you who are not feeling well get better. Maybe if Spring finally gets here, we'll all feel better.
    I haven't posted for April yet, and have what the colors will be for the next quarter. I wil be posting the new thread tomorrow with the link here.

I am finally starting to feel better.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Cindy glad to hear you are feeling better. My allergies are flaring up already. My insurance company has declined to pay for my extra allergy medicine that I need in the spring and the fall. I guess they will just have t pay for the resulting sinus infections I will get. My sinuses are pretty clogged right now. Hope it doesn't turn in to an infection.
    Everyone try to stay out of the Easter baskets tomorrow. Have a great Easter.
    Pat

Pat that stinks that the insurance company wont pay for meds we need. Wonder if they will pay for allergy shots? I know my doctor wants me to be allergy tested after I get over this crap.

We have had rain come through and more coming later tonight and tomorrow......that my cough has come back with a vengenace. I really don't want to keep taking the cough medicine as it shoots up my blood sugars. Next time I will have to make sure they give me one for diabetics.

Heading out for my weekly date that hasn't happened in a few weeks with me being sick. So dinner and hang time will be relaxing to get out of the house. And yes it is with the same man I have been seeing for about a year now. We enjoy each others company.

When I get home, I will be posting the new thread with the themes. I will post in the thread for the next 3 months what they will be, although I am fearful that this is group is losing interest.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

I don't know where the month has gone... I'm down 2#. I'm happy with that I kept last months loss off yeah!! Life is sure full of grief and struggles... you are in my thoughts and prayers. Something I used to do that I'm starting again for April is a gratitiude journal... 5 gratitiudes a day... Helps chase the negativity away. Thank-you all for the pretty teal "skinny" quarters from last month

Just have to show you my little angel!
    Name:  IMG_1509.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  22.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Pam H what a sweet, cute, little angel she is. She is just adorable.

Susan

Time to send me your PM with your weight loss. Need it by the 2nd so can announce the winner. I am down 3 lbs this month.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Here is the link for April. The theme for April is florals.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post5967568

I know may of you want to send in more than one month at a time.

April is florals
    May is patroitic any form of red/white/blue together or alone.
    June is Purples

I will also post this in the new thread.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Oh Pam she is she a doll. I have 1 GS and another due in 3 weeks. They are so much fun to spoil. I need to get the baby quilt finished. I started FMQ last night. It has some animals on it and i am having trouble deciding how to quilt them. The background is mostly quilted. I was doing so well earlier in the month. Then life happened. I am only down a few pounds. No FQ for me:-(

Thanks everyone. It is just so much fun to have a little granddaughter! She is such a good baby.
    No loss for me this month.
    I am off on a road trip. My friend's husband died a year ago tomorrow which also is her birthday. I am taking her on a little getaway. She has no idea where we are going so this should be fun.

Pam it sounds like Ethan was a special little boy.

Cindy, hopefully you will feel better soon.
    I just spent 2 weeks feeling lousy. You would think that I might have lost more then 2lbs. Oh well better then gaining. I need sunshine and warmer temps to get motivated. Happy Easter everyone!!!
    Miz Kyp aka Margie

March's winner is Teddybear Lady. she lost 8.8 lbs. congrats on your loss
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Yeah!!! Teadybear Lady Congrats on your weight loss. You did great, and so did others in losing, staying the same, and just hanging in there.

Susan

Wow, Teddybear Lady. That's a great loss. Hang in there and do the same again this month!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Congratulations Teddybear Lady!! Fabulous loss!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8