Masks

Old 09-18-2021, 04:41 AM

the unvaccinated make a choice, but then when they get sick they go to the hospital. Meanwhile people who have done the right thing and got vaccinated can't get medical care when they need it because the hospitals are strained to the breaking point with Covid cases. People are dying of gall-bladder problems for heaven's sake, not to mention heart attacks etc. I'm sorry but if you "don't trust science" then stay out of the hospitals. Spoiler alert - hospitals are full of science and if you go there they will put all kinds of things inside you without you being able to research what they are.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

That's exactly what's happening.

I read of a doctor in Alabama who tells his patients if they won't take the vaccine he won't treat them. He doesn't want his staff and other patients to be compromised by one person's decision.

It's sad and frustrating that this has become the monster that it has.

When my husband was in the hospital back in April he had a nurse one evening who was very vocal about what she thought was in the vaccine. I won't elaborate but it was very bizarre. For one thing a cardinal rule in healthcare is not to discuss such things with a patient or family member. (I'm an RN) I think because she was a travel nurse and not on staff, she got away with it and my husband was so sick I didn't have the wherewithal to complain to authorities.
However, I did question her a bit. I said both the President and the former President got vaccines. Her reply was " no, they were injected with water".
Since she was so off-the-wall with her opinions I watched her like a hawk but her nursing care was excellent.
It takes all kinds, right?

Last edited by SusieQOH; 09-18-2021 at 05:37 AM.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

This mess has brought out the meanness in both sides and inbetween. There is no neutral ground, everyone gets blasted. We all know to follow power and money and find the truth.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

I agree about the meanness but in my case I'm sad and frustrated. I can't speak for anyone else.

My husband's cardiologist told us that the day before our visit his brother-in-law died, aged 49, leaving a wife and 5 children.
He refused the vaccine and died of Covid.

Stories like that make me sad and frustrated.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Too many conflicted reports from the same soruce that make no sense.

How much immunity is enough? As a baseline, there are two forms of immunity: Vaccinated and natural immunity. It was recently reported that the CDC estimated that
83% of the U.S. population had some form of Covid immunity, based on antibodies detected in blood samples.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

What does “to some extent” mean? I’d personally prefer the 99% efficacy of a vaccine. I wouldn’t trust the Daily Mail to interpret statistics. Some people won’t get it. Some people will get it and recover. Yet some will die. Or have permanent consequences. I am not willing to risk it.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:41 PM

ummm....I like the statistics of surviving the vaccine way better than the statistics of surviving covid...If I get to choose, I would get the vaccine first if I am going to get covid twice. Just saying. Oh, and I leave politics out of my medical judgement.
Old 09-19-2021, 03:41 PM

Masks are not mandated in stores/restaurants here, but are in schools and on school buses. What has happened in school board meetings and on buses is unbelievable. Parents telling their children to hit drivers who tell them to wear a mask. All kinds of threats to people - people who aren't the ones making decisions, but are trying to do their jobs.

As to why should both wear one, here's a funny little picture.
Attached Thumbnails pee.jpg  
Old 09-19-2021, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fabricgator View Post
May I ask what the Jesse mask is? I've been making masks using the Creative Grids ruler. While I am tired of the Coronavirus and everything that goes with it, I will continue to wear the masks and take the precautions until it is safe to not do so anymore!
So sorry for the delay, I just saw your message.

The Jesse mask was designed by an engineer who was working w/ a quilt shop to make a better fitting mask. I think his name is Jesse Killion. The dip under the eyes is just a bit more severe, so its not riding up into your eye socket. There are a LOT of pages in the pattern, bc of the measurements used. So don't just print it off, or you'll have way more than you need. Watch how to take the measurement, then find the pattern for the right size.

The video is pretty long, she talks about some of the steps and designs they've worked with since starting. So you can skip to about 17:25 to get to where she's taking measurements and describing how to make it. The actual pattern pieces are linked in the description of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbqkLcPHhcQ
Old 09-19-2021, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
..............As to why should both wear one, here's a funny little picture.
Priceless!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious, yet such a perfect analogy!

And maybe, just maybe it will help more people "get" it!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 09-19-2021 at 07:25 PM.