Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

I know exactly what you mean. It's 15 miles to town for me. I do have a few neighbors spread out on our 2 mile long gravel road. Think I'll try making it down my driveway too. It rained again this morning so it's probably got a big water-mud puddle across it at the end.I also usually drive as it is kinda far for someone that is fat and sore footed. I did walk it a couple days ago. Boy was I tired as it is up hill on the way back.Sooo out of shape, I used to walk alot. I love walking around the farm out here in the country. Such bad feet and ankle spurs hold me back. If I can stand to get to the mailbox after a bit maybe I can walk across the pasture.Gonna go graze on a salad.lol Mary
Old 05-07-2011, 04:39 PM

HI everyone, Sounds like a good day. Mary, love to hear about a close family, I was an only child and didn't have many children in our neighborhood but that didn't keep me from having fun with my own kids. They live several hours away soI don't get to see them as often as I would like but we are close. Our two grandkids are also too far way so see even less of them they are 24 and 21 and have lives of their own.
You all have a wonderful MOTHERS DAY. Hugs to all.
Gail
Old 05-07-2011, 06:13 PM

happy mothers day all.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:14 PM

Congrats to everyone on thier weight losses. I stalled out the first part of the week after the whole steakhouse deal. then yesterday I was down a pound and a half. ....But today was the funeral for my husbands aunt. I didn't eat great but I didn't eat terrible either. I worry tomorrow my weight will be up again. We will see. My day with the dear old Mil went ok. She got a few zings and dings in but I didn't go eat a chocolate cake over it either.lol

All this talk of mothers makes me sad, with Mothers Day tomorrow. I lost my sweet mom when I was 21 years old and my dad 6 weeks before my oldest daughter was born. And I had the great luck to inhierit the most hateful snide cold hearted a** of a person for a mother in law! I feel like I have been alone a long long time. I would love to have someone in my life who was like a mother. Someone you could lean on once in a while or ask advice when you need to. I feel bad for those of you who say thier moms are on the mean side. I guess instead of feeling all alone I should be thankful I had her for as long as I did. She was so kind and took care of many more children than she gave birth to. Maybe thats why I have a guest in my sewing room right now! lol One nice thing, on the way home today we stopped at the cemetary where my parents are buried,so that was nice.

lawsonmugs I had awful heal spurs! It hurt so bad to get up and try to walk. Someone told me to stretch my toes back towards me as far as I can and hold several times a day. I did this every time I thought about it, all day long and in bed before going to sleep at night. I don't know how but they quit hurting and never have come back. That was a couple of years ago. You might try it it cant hurt.

Wishing all of you a wonderful Mothers Day!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Hello everyone,rural is 15 miles out of Yuma,Az on the Ca. side.There is a 4 mile square that is CA.the rest is Quechon Indian Res.And we don't get TV either,have a well,septic,and satlite.No facilities except power & phone.We never had fast internet,till just awhile back.I always had dial up.I now can get it thru my TDS phone line.Not the fastest,but not bad.Faster than dial up tho.But do love it out here.See all the wildlife.Last summer we had wild donkeys come in and graze on the lawn.My cats growled at them thru their outside pen we made for them.I'm glad your doing good.I like grapefruits too.All our neighbors have fruit trees,so we can have all we can eat free.Oranges,tangelo's,limes,grapefruits,dates,etc .Only thing I hate out here is everybody's cats are disapearing the last 2 weeks.We lost only one so far,but my neighbor lost 5 last week.But I'm more vigilant than they are.I'm outside at the slightest sound.And the owls are bad too.I had to put up some nets to protect our pets.She should of too.It does help.Well,anyway,I'm so glad everybody is doing all they can to lose weight.It's more fun when a bunch is doing it.We are all struggling,but know together we can do it as a team.It's hard for me to lose because I'm more solid and is just harder for my types to lose.But I hang in there and it is starting to pay off.I just want to keep it off this time.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:31 PM

Good morning, all you successful lifestyle-changers!

I hope that you have a good day full of sunshine and laughter.

I have had a topsy-turvy week. My days and nights are mixed up, I'm about to go to bed now! I have exercised 3 times this week, which is a huge accomplishment for me.

I heard from all three of my kids today. They raced to call me at midnight to see who would call first. That was a lot of fun and not even pre-planned by any of them. Now I can sleep without the phone ringing.

Be good to yourself today. For some, we will be missing our mothers. For some, we ARE the mothers. Pamper yourself and let the feelings flow. Then end the day with something positive.
Let us know what you chose.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
xlie 55--How rural is rural. We live about 5 miles out of town on three acres. Don't get fast internet, tv or anything. So we have slow dial up and satellite tv. Can't just run to the store if we run out of anything, so have to make sure my pantry is fully stocked. Is that how it is for you? Also, no neighbors close by. Can go outside in my undies if I want.

Onto weight loss: Today I have been good. Just a scrambled egg and freshly squozen grapefruit juice with a little splenda. I know it is better to eat the grapefruit than juice it, butI don't like grapefruit, but love ice cold grapefruit juice -- go figure. DH and I are headed to town for groceries and will share a subway sandwich for lunch. (No cheese or mayo) 5 years ago when I was on weight watchers I ate at subway every day for lunch and lost 30 lbs. So, yes, Jared, I was on the subway diet also.

Did some weeding in the grove and also walked down the lane to the mail box instead of getting into the car and driving. Baby steps, but more than what I used to do.
Well,I don't know if I'd go in my undie's.But I could.We live in the only coldasak out here off S24 hi-way.I go to town monday and friday's.Have to keep our pantry full too.In fact I always have 2 ice-cream containers of ice in the freezer for our ice,as we go thru 10 lbs in 2 days.And have a bread machine in case I run out,I can always make some real quick.Hubby can't eat with out bread.Subway's are healthy.I'ts amazing how many people lose weight on subways.And grapefruits are good,We got a ton of them wasting away on the neighbors tree.I should take them into town and give them to the food bank,or homeless shelter cause I hate to see them go to waste like that.No body out here wants them,and we can only eat so many.I think I'm going to start eating fish again.We use to eat a lot of it,so much we got tired of it.Hubby is/was a good fisherman.Can't see too good any more tho.So it's been a long time,so think we'll start eating it again.It's low calories and has omega 3.Any good fish receipts? Do you fish?We don't have trout cause it's too hot.But catfish,croppy,bluegill,bass,tolapia,and flat-heads.Any ideas would be great.As all I do is batter fry them.Fish and chips style.Maybe bake them w/rice
Old 05-08-2011, 03:38 AM

Happy Mothers Day everyone! My mother passed away 8 yrs ago I miss her so much. She was a seamstress and could sew anything. I was foolish and didn't spend much time with her in her shop. I could have learned so much. I realize now how great it would have been to sew together.

Well it's Sunday morning and I'm off to the kitchen at church. Everybody pray for me that I may have strenght to resist all the goodies. Today is the first day of no Sunday School so I don't know what service I'm going to. When there's sunday school I take my grandkids to family express which is more kids oriented but I think I'll go to an adult service today.

I will check in when we get home to report my progress (or lack there of) when I get home.

Have a wonderful day & God Bless.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:41 AM

Xyliea, what's getting the cats? wolves, or coyotes? do you think? we have coyotes in Michigan. can you believe it? they were planted by the DNR 15 yrs ago or so. you can hear them at nite. enjoying all your nice posts about healthy eating. GO GIRLS.

we are country in michigan. lots of house have built up around us. 400 yrds to the next house. but we have 300 acres here. used to farm yrs ago. and i can sneak out the back door in my nightie if i want. and have been known to. back porch/deck is safe.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

Rita's mom thanks I have done that as a recomendation by my foot doctor.It stretches the legiments that rub on the heel spurs. so that they are not rubbing so hard.Yes it works some.Wish it would get rid of them.I appreciate the thought. Hope everyone enjoys their family today and has a wonderful Mother's day. Even if you are not a mom or mom is no longer around. Check back later Mary