Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 AM

I'm home from church and did pretty good. I caught myself licking chocolate frosting off my finger once but quickly went and washed my hands. No other slips so I'm pretty proud of myself. DH took me shopping for mothers day and I picked out a mini rose bush that I can plant outside in a few weeks. Then we went out for brunch and I ate 1/4 of a turkey sub. I can get 3 meals out of it so I won't have to cook all day.
Well it sounds like everyone is having a good Mothers Day so carry on and have fun.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:38 AM

I am soo bummed I didnt see this thread sooner!
I started my own fitness goals may1st and would love to follow along with ya'll even tho I didnt make the deadline for may - I will be numero uno for june tho.

Thank you purplemem for posting the link for myfitnesspal.com . . i will use that from now on.

Everyone sounds to be having a good month so far
Missy - I'm rooting for you girl! :thumbup:

I started on the 1st but didnt weight myself because I didnt want to be a slave to the numbers, but in order to join fitnesspal you need a starting number so . . i bit the bullet and it was SOO much better than I thought!!(seriously like 15lbs less than the last time i was on that horrible thing)
I am doing the happy dance now :lol: :lol:

So week #1 for me AWESOME
week#2 . . endless possibilitys
Old 05-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
Xyliea, what's getting the cats? wolves, or coyotes? do you think? we have coyotes in Michigan. can you believe it? they were planted by the DNR 15 yrs ago or so. you can hear them at nite. enjoying all your nice posts about healthy eating. GO GIRLS.

we are country in michigan. lots of house have built up around us. 400 yrds to the next house. but we have 300 acres here. used to farm yrs ago. and i can sneak out the back door in my nightie if i want. and have been known to. back porch/deck is safe.
Happy mother's Day's Everyone!Coyotes I'm sure.The winter is over,and the trappers and hunters have quite for the season,and they keep them at bay.Now they are moving in.Every year,same thing.And this yr,their mangy.Everybody is losing pets now.And we have huge 3 ft owls,and 4 ft wing spaned red-tailed hawks.I told my neighbor last night,that we are going to have to build another pen for the outside cats in the yard,and when I call them for supper,I'm shutting the door,and let them out the next day,so their penned up at night.I told her to make one too.I remember when they released the wolves and coyotes.Bet the ranchers appreciate that.I think the only preditor the wolves have is eagles.Well I think everybody is giving it their all on the weight loss.In fact I know they are.As long as we stick with it no matter how long it takes.And find what works.For me,I have to eat less calories,yet filling foods with no more than 30% fat.I been eating a lot of protein {meat & cheese} no bread and drinking a lot of water.I forgot that Doctors name that made that diet book.This diet burns fat.But also am eating green salads with cucumbers etc,and some mexican cheese sprinkled on top.Good luck,and try the protein diet.You can eat all you want,but no breads.I love meat and cheese.Again,happy mother's day!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by linz83
I am soo bummed I didnt see this thread sooner!
I started my own fitness goals may1st and would love to follow along with ya'll even tho I didnt make the deadline for may - I will be numero uno for june tho.

Thank you purplemem for posting the link for myfitnesspal.com . . i will use that from now on.

Everyone sounds to be having a good month so far
Missy - I'm rooting for you girl! :thumbup:

I started on the 1st but didnt weight myself because I didnt want to be a slave to the numbers, but in order to join fitnesspal you need a starting number so . . i bit the bullet and it was SOO much better than I thought!!(seriously like 15lbs less than the last time i was on that horrible thing)
I am doing the happy dance now :lol: :lol:

So week #1 for me AWESOME
week#2 . . endless possibilitys
Welcome Linz83,your not too late.Anybody can join in at any time,just too late for the prize is all.But not too late to join in and cheer us on,while we cheer you on.Yes,we are all proud of Missy.She is doing a great thing for herself and her future.It will just kick start her losing weight better.Some of us just need extra help,and that's ok too.We should use every and any tool available to us that we need,that works for us.Some of us need to lose 100's of pounds,some need around a 100,some less than 100.I need to lose 60 lbs myself.And have lost 90 pounds lbs in 3 1/2 yrs.Slow going,but have kept it off pretty much.Except I did gain 15 back 2 months ago.So,here I am.My 1st time joining this group,and it is fun.Better than winging it solo like I was.If I'm in the boat with others like me,it helps spur me on.And of course,the fat quarters prize.There is a lot of good contenders this month.Doubt I win,but will give it my best shot.I love pastel colors,and want to do a baltimore album quilt one day.So,good luck,and yes,the 1st or when-ever,I plan on re-joining again too Happy mother's day too.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Hi everyone! I signed up for May and then promptly forgot. So here I am a week behind but have lost a few pounds anyway. I've been trying to read all the posts to catch up and have made it page 12. So forgive me if I ask something that has already been answered.

I'm 54 and married for 33 years to a wonderful man. We have one daughter, married and living in Oklahoma City with her husband, almost 3 yr old daughter and another girl on the way. I retired from nursing about 4 years ago. My husband and I built a house on his mother's ranch with the intention of using it on weekends and vacations until we retired. In the process of being here more, we discovered that his mom, who lived on the ranch alone, had dementia problems. So I quit work and moved into the house to be closer to her and be able to check on her several times a day, get her to a doctor for diagnosis, etc. I planned to go back to work after a few months. So here I am 4 years later, living alone on the ranch (I do have 2 dogs and two mini donkeys), MIL is in a wonderful private care home after a year with her sis and a caregiver and 6 months in a nursing home. Husban is still working 5 hours away in the Ft Worth area and I haven't gone back to work (I'm sneaky like that:).

3 years ago I lost 70 lbs, threw out my fat clothes and promptly stopped losinng when i should have lost about 30 more. I have slowly put on about 20 lbs to boot. So hope this gets me going on the 50 lbs I need to lose.

I'm going to join WW online this week. My DS is already on it and has lost about 10 lbs. So we will be able to cheer each other on.

Injured my back (or have one leg too short according to my physical therapist) and am in the process of trying to get cured. Third epidural steroid injection is Friday. I'm on
3 different pain meds which help but suppress my willpower in addition to my pain. And I think they are stating to make me drone on and on and on here.

So nice to meet you all. I will get caught up on posts and stay on top of them. Good luck to everyone!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Good Evening Gang! (and Happy Mother's Day!)

Yesterday was my day-long yardsales so I skipped my morning walk. Good thing I did! I ended up going to two seperate towns for yard sales. After mapping my routes, I figure I walked around 6 miles. (and bought a ton of stuff!)
Today I skipped my morning walk again but have made up for it by going up and down my stairs about 50 billion times today, lol!
Since my mom is out of state and not near a phone right now, (Geez I wish she would accept a cell phone!) I couldn't call her to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. So, it make up for it, I worked on her bedroom closet that I've been meaning to do all winter but couldn't with her in the bedroom.
I've been on my feet all day, just now finished with my chores, so I'm thinking I've gotten a good amount of exercise today.
Planning on trying Yoga tomorrow now that I have a Yoga Mat!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Xyliea, what's getting the cats? wolves, or coyotes? do you think? we have coyotes in Michigan. can you believe it? they were planted by the DNR 15 yrs ago or so. you can hear them at nite. enjoying all your nice posts about healthy eating. GO GIRLS.

we are country in michigan. lots of house have built up around us. 400 yrds to the next house. but we have 300 acres here. used to farm yrs ago. and i can sneak out the back door in my nightie if i want. and have been known to. back porch/deck is safe.
Could I ask you where in MI you live? DH and I lived in Kentwood/Grand Rapids for 3 1/2 years/4 winters. We loved MI and met so many wonderful people. Rode Harleys through most of the state. Hard to keep weight off up there in the winters, isn't it. We were there 93-97. I worked at Butterworth hospital in Labor and Delivery.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 PM

we live between jackson and lansing. munith. blink and you missed it.
you prob met my husband. he got a bike 95. i think. and rode every place you could go. hell, blessings in grand rapids i think. paradise rides, etc. i tagged along as much as i could. grdkids, and working and taking care of my mom, limited me some.
midnite ride to the bridge. we even went to d.c. once. he went numerous times. did the calif to d.c. once. and went on the state tours. i think he hit almost all of them. iron butt himself.
he was one of the org patriot guys. from mich. helped form them. he got t-boned in n.c. ohhh, 05, i think. and of course, it was my fault. cause i didn't go to town with him to that fuction with him. he said he would have been more careful, if i had have been with him. i was home with a 9 mo p.g. daughter.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Had a good mother's day. My 11 year old made me breakfast in bed, scrambled eggs and a glass of milk. Then for dinner hubby bought some lobster tails, steak and corn on the cob. Of course I had to cook it, but it was a treat. (I didn't have the butter with the corn or the lobster.) No dessert, unless I have a small glass of chocolate milk before bed.

I have lost 9 lbs since May 1st. I have cut down on salt intake and quit the soda. I know it will start coming off slower soon. But for right now I am excited about the big loss.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 PM

we live between jackson and lansing. munith. blink and you missed it.
you prob met my husband. he got a bike 95. i think. and rode every place you could go. hell, blessings in grand rapids i think. paradise rides, etc. i tagged along as much as i could. grdkids, and working and taking care of my mom, limited me some.
midnite ride to the bridge. we even went to d.c. once. he went numerous times. did the calif to d.c. once. and went on the state tours. i think he hit almost all of them. iron butt himself.
he was one of the org patriot guys. from mich. helped form them. he got t-boned in n.c. ohhh, 05, i think. and of course, it was my fault. cause i didn't go to town with him to that fuction with him. he said he would have been more careful, if i had have been with him. i was home with a 9 mo p.g. daughter.
No doubt that we crossed paths at some point. We rode alot with alot of people. Did the Blessing of the Bikes with Para Dice each year. I miss MI--I think it is the most beautiful state I've ever been in and I've been in a bunch. Riding along the lakeshore of Lake MI and Lake Superior.....just breathtaking in places.

Good luck with the weight loss. I'm rooting for you and everyone else!