Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Keep up the good work Missy! We are all cheering for you!

Hang in there Sandy, sounds like you are doing a great job. Croceting is nice to fill the time or do you hand piece or cross stitch at all?

MJ I do like your posts and I do do alot of them. I was at flea markets all day so the music part didn't really apply but tomorrow I sure can. I love all of your positive advice!

Irish it sounds like this new medicine is not agreeing with you 100% Hopefully things will smooth out soon. (((Hugs)))

Well the scales budged a half of a pound each day this weekend. hopefully it will continue. I am just getting over a cold so maybe that is why the weight loss stopped for awhile. hope...hope...hope...

I hope everyone has a great start to their week.:)
I have my fingers crossed for you that you will continue to lose.

I also LOVE MJs posts!!

Missy
Old 05-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Okay guys...less than 12 hours until I step on the scale at the hospital. I am nervous and hopeful. Not much I can do now anyway.

I promise I will post as soon as I get home from weighing in and getting my meds from the mental health clinic.

I love you guys and sure hope I have good news to report!

Missy
Old 05-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Rita's mom, I'm not too concerned about the meds yet. The weight gain hasn't been too much - not like oral steroids. Dizziness is a known side effect, but I'm not dizzy, just off balance. So far I've had soft landings like on my bed. I can function, though I'd not start any trips. It does seem to helping with a lot of my nerve pain issues, so I'm willing to give my body a chance to adjust to it. Not like I can go out to work, anyhow. Tomorrow evening I have an app't to hear the results of the MRI on my back. That should be an interesting time. I'm glad it's with my PCP. We understand each other - don't always agree, but we work it out.

Dinner was good. Two white turkey patties and Asian veggies with bottled sweet and sour sauce. Some turkey patties are pretty good. I hope I remember the brand on these when I buy more. Lunch was a no-no, but I think I walked it off. No night snack because of the lunch. Ah, choices. That's what life is all about.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 AM

Good morning All!

I have a lot of writing to do today so this will be short and sweet!

What ONE THING did you do yesterday that you don't wish to repeat? Was it laze around a little longer? Maybe one extra bite of something? Forget the water?

Today is the first day of the rest of your life...you can skip that ONE THING today, make it up, have a do-over, and start the day positive! Start your lists...today I will...stay on my program, look my best, exercise, drink water, hug somebody, and SMILE! After all, we have choices about our health and focus and
TODAY WE CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY AND IMPROVE OUR HEALTH!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning All!

I have a lot of writing to do today so this will be short and sweet!

What ONE THING did you do yesterday that you don't wish to repeat? Was it laze around a little longer? Maybe one extra bite of something? Forget the water?

Today is the first day of the rest of your life...you can skip that ONE THING today, make it up, have a do-over, and start the day positive! Start your lists...today I will...stay on my program, look my best, exercise, drink water, hug somebody, and SMILE! After all, we have choices about our health and focus and
TODAY WE CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY AND IMPROVE OUR HEALTH!
Yesterday the one thing I wished I had not done was complain about going to the gym for the second time. I want a better attitude and I want to enjoy walking on the treadmill more.

I go to weigh in in a little over an hour and am N-E-R-V-O-U-S. But, what is done is done now. So we shall see what the results are on the scale.

I will write more when I get home from weighing and getting my meds.

Missy
Old 05-16-2011, 04:52 AM

To stimulate baby kittens that young take a warm moist cotton ball or rag (the cotton ball is smoother) and wipe down their little butts. For the first 2-3 weeks the mother cat washes them there to stimulate them to go potty as they don't know how when they are born. I've raised several litters og orphaned kittens and it is alot of work. I used to mix my own formula but then my vet started carrying premixed which was just as cheap as mixing my own so I used that. The kittens seemed to do better on the stuff from the vet. Good luck, I wish I was closer I would love to help.
Originally Posted by Xylie55
Hello everybody,I'm still hanging in there.3 days ago,my mama cat went MIA (darn coyotes) so now have 3 / 2 week old babies.They have to eat every 4 hrs.Potty trained already.Eating or drinking out of a shallow dish.So am bushed!Not much rest.Need some formula ideas,got any?How about the stimulation part? Some say use a warm wash rag,but then what?I got the warm wash rag.But they don't say how to do it.They are going better now,but think they need help,their awfully tiny.Anyway,still doing good on the diet.Haven't weighed in a while,but my pant's are falling off,litteraly.Ok,well good luck to everyone,if any of you can help me out with the babies,I'd be most grateful for any help.Any formula mixes. etc.Thanks.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:55 AM

Missy I can hardly wait to hear about your weigh in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 AM

Missy, complaining is okay as long it doesn't become your lifestyle. We wouldn't be real if we walked around smiling ALL the time. What's not okay is breaking a commitment to yourself. You made the commitment to walk a second time and you did it. Can you make one of the walks out in the sunshine? Treadmills are great, but you can't beat fresh air and sunshine.

MJ, What did I do yesterday I need to change? As usual, too much time on the computer. As usual, I have overcommitted myself. There are only so many hours in a day and I want to do so much (sewing, nothing strenuous, though my house and garden need me.) Change?? Staighten the sewing area and get to work!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 AM

GOOD NEWS!!!! AT physical therapy this morning, my "bend angle" of my knee was 80 degrees. I am thrilled as it has slowly increased. Dr said if it is not 90 degrees by Wed week, I have to go back into hospital for my knee to be "manipulated". I am optimistic that I WILL reach 90 degrees in time I wont need another procedure.

Ritas Mom and IrishRose, I do embroider and crochet. I have been working on a blanket I am crocheting for my DGD, Kayla. Once I finish hers, I will have made one for all my grandkids. I love crochet blankets, as they are so warm. I make them big enough to fit their beds so they can have the crochet blanket next to them, instead of a cold bedsheet.

Irishrose, God Bless you for making a dress for that young girl. That is so sweet of you!!!

I hope you all have a good day and easy time making healthy food choices. Keep up the good work everyone. Hugs, Sandy
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 AM

OKAY....OKAY....DRUM ROLL........

I lost 6 (COUNT THEM SIX) more pounds!!! I now weigh 400.8!!! I only have to lose .8 pounds to get to my presurgical goal!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

I have 10 more days to lose .8 pounds. I. CAN. DO. THIS.

YOU GUYS ARE THE FIRST PEOPLE ONLINE TO KNOW!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Missy