Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Good afternoon Ladies,

Today has been a productive day again, in the getting my apartment organized. Finally put together bookshelf #3, and waiting to have it anchored to the wall. Dad prefers to do that for me, so I will wait for that to be done.

On the 3rd load of laundry today, who would think that someone who is single could have that much laundry. I still have blankets and towels to do, probably 3 more loads. But when you are unpacking things that have been packed for a few yrs it should be washed. LOL

I have been doing good on not going to the store and buying the junk food, only stocking with the healthy nuturious food. Which is a major accomplishment for me. I have been staying away from the breads, eating more fruits and veggies. I am trying to increase my protein intake as I find my diabetes does better with more protein. I know the docs dont like you to eat lots of protein. I dont do it at every meal, still try to keep watch of the amount throught out the day.

The scale this morning showed no change from the other day. So that is good, I feel as though I am retaining water, have noticed my ankles a little swollen.

Sorry for rambling away.............Keep up all the good work everyone. Each day is a new beginning, we can make different choices from the day before and always improve ourself in one way or another.

Many blessing to you all.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:09 PM

I don't think that I have posted since the first of the month, although I read the new posts as they show up. It it really inspiring to hear all of the determination and positive thinking that everyone has. I have done so-so in May, but it's a start. Have a new swimsuit hanging from my kitchen cabinet knobs, so I can't not see it when I'm planning or makeing a meal. I want to be able to kayak this summer, otherwise not much of a water person.

I'm having my third epidural steroid injection tomorrow and have been in physical therapy for a couple of weeks now. Some improvement in the sciatic and SI joint pain but still sleeping sitting up in a chair. Have an appt with a neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks so hope to get a few more lbs off before then.

With all of the above going on, I will have to say that this board (this topic and others) have kept me sane when I'm trying to distract my self from pain. So thank you, everyone. And, Missy, best of luck to you with your surgery and recovery. You have a wonderful attitude and I wish you the best.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Grambi
I don't think that I have posted since the first of the month, although I read the new posts as they show up. It it really inspiring to hear all of the determination and positive thinking that everyone has. I have done so-so in May, but it's a start. Have a new swimsuit hanging from my kitchen cabinet knobs, so I can't not see it when I'm planning or makeing a meal. I want to be able to kayak this summer, otherwise not much of a water person.

I'm having my third epidural steroid injection tomorrow and have been in physical therapy for a couple of weeks now. Some improvement in the sciatic and SI joint pain but still sleeping sitting up in a chair. Have an appt with a neurosurgeon in a couple of weeks so hope to get a few more lbs off before then.

With all of the above going on, I will have to say that this board (this topic and others) have kept me sane when I'm trying to distract my self from pain. So thank you, everyone. And, Missy, best of luck to you with your surgery and recovery. You have a wonderful attitude and I wish you the best.
Thank you so much! The surgeon's office called just a little bit ago to see if I had lost the weight and my mom told them that I only had to lose only 0.8 pounds and she said that I did it and she is so happy that next week I will be in their office getting ready for the surgery. Yay!

So happy that I am so close. I am going to go to the hospital to weigh in again at 8 in the morning. I will update y'all then. I hope me posting a zillion times about what I am doing and how nervous I am and all that is not bugging you guys. :)

Missy
Old 05-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Missy I love hearing your updates. Everybodies updates is what keeps us going. I was so inspired today I walked Yes I said walked across 2 acres and back. Don't know how wide a acre is but I did 2 of them and Back!! I was so happy. It's a start and with my feet and ankle problems it's a big deal.I been staying on my healthy food meals. I hate the word DIET it's one of those ugly 4 letter words. I always drink sbout 1 gallon of water a day anyway so that's no problem.Just wanted to brag a little and wish everyone a good day!! Mary
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Missy I love hearing your updates. Everybodies updates is what keeps us going. I was so inspired today I walked Yes I said walked across 2 acres and back. Don't know how wide a acre is but I did 2 of them and Back!! I was so happy. It's a start and with my feet and ankle problems it's a big deal.I been staying on my healthy food meals. I hate the word DIET it's one of those ugly 4 letter words. I always drink sbout 1 gallon of water a day anyway so that's no problem.Just wanted to brag a little and wish everyone a good day!! Mary
Thank you Mary and I think you are doing AWESOME!! Keep up the good work!!

Missy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Mary, doesn't walking on rough ground bother your feet more? I do better on smooth surfaces like asphalt.

Gambi - sounds like you and I are in the same position. I had another injection Monday and am waiting for the call from the nuerologist/neurosurgeon. SI joint and iliopsoas muscle down outside of the leg rather than the sciatic nerve down the back of the leg. Such fun.

My weight was down a bit this morning. I was pleasantly surprised. I truly will be satisfied this month to just stay the same with all that's been going on. Though, of course, I'll be doing a modified happy dance if I lose my usual two pounds. Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Mary, doesn't walking on rough ground bother your feet more? I do better on smooth surfaces like asphalt.

Gambi - sounds like you and I are in the same position. I had another injection Monday and am waiting for the call from the nuerologist/neurosurgeon. SI joint and iliopsoas muscle down outside of the leg rather than the sciatic nerve down the back of the leg. Such fun.

My weight was down a bit this morning. I was pleasantly surprised. I truly will be satisfied this month to just stay the same with all that's been going on. Though, of course, I'll be doing a modified happy dance if I lose my usual two pounds. Slow and steady wins the race.
I have the SI joint issue going on also. My PT says that my right leg is shorter than my left and that may very well have caused it. 54 years and it messes things up now!!! It's funny, I never felt anything was weird about my legs or my gait but since he told me that, every step I take I'm noticing that I'm walking unevenly. I think it's just the power of suggestion. The SI joint pain mostly bothers me when I try to get out of bed (or chair for the past week) and really isn't a problem the rest of the day. But those few minutes are torture. Falling apart stinks, doesn't it!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose

Yep...slow and steady does win this race! I am not entirely sure how my weight loss will be like after surgery but I hope it is a reasonable pace. I hope you lose the two pounds you want to lose!

Missy
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 PM

Getting out of a chair is not fun. I have learned not to lean forward or backwards, either. I'm becoming very good at doing deep knee bends. I hope this intense part is temporary. I've got flowers to care for as soon as it warms up here. Not a very pleasant spring so far. I find a back brace helps for short periods of time. The other day we (two dogs and me) were going walking. The talker (Siberian/Shiba) started yodeling in a low voice - not her usual. The little one (Border Collie/Lab) left the room and came back dragging my back brace. I had forgotten it. Such nice furgirls. Notice the husky princess didn't go herself, just told her 'sister' to go.

Taking a break from putting borders on a quilt. Now comes the fun part. Sandwiching and FMQ. I'll be taking it out to the church and using big tables.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 PM

:oops: Sorry, doublepost. I felt the extra click, but couldn't take it back. Can't blame this one on the QB.