Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by deedee75
Good Evening Gang,

I skipped my walk today due to the unknown time my friend was going to show for my furniture. *sigh* He didn't show until after one.
I paced around for a while until I finally just threw myself into cleaning my old/now new again sewing room. (It was originally my sewing room, then I got booted to the downstairs room, then booted once again, to the dining room. Now, I'm back in my original sewing room. WooHoo! It's in there, just not back together yet because I'm too anal about how I want it in there, lol.
I CANNOT wait to get our studio finished. It is taking forever but man when it is done I am going to be loving it!

Missy
Old 05-20-2011, 06:35 PM

This week seems to be going a little easier. I'm not as hungry in the evenings. Hope I can keep it under 1400 cal over the weekend. I've really been watching serving sizes and recording everything I eat. Hope the scale shows some more weight lost next week. Drinking all this water, coffee and diet coke keeps me running up the stairs to the bathroom. Does that count as exercise? :)
Old 05-20-2011, 07:27 PM

Fabricut, sure, if it causes you to move and burns calories, it's exercise. I hate to sound like I'm always on a certain band wagon, but if your weight stalls, you might try giving up the diet Coke. The sodium causes water retention, the carbonating ingredients cause bone loss and the sweetener isn't good for you. I personally feel Splenda (sucralose) is better than Nutrasweet (aspartame). That stuff needs to be banned. The drink I've been using today is sweetened with stevia - a little flat compared with sugar, but drinkable if it's cold. Tea, iced or hot is very good for weight loss and a moderate amount of coffee is off the hit list. Green tea is very good for weight loss. I like mine Jasmine flavored. Or black Chia tea with a little flavored creamer.

Well, I got my FMQ aggravation out while on my soapbox, so it's back to the sewing machine.

mothersday, Welcome! The next prize sign up will be June 1 and 2, but you can post anytime. Tell us about yourself, if you wish to.

Edit: what's your favorite music to FMQ to? I started with John Mellencamp and now it's Bruce Springsteen on, but it doesn't seem right. I think I'll skip ahead to Bon Jovi. Can't go wrong there. H-m-m, wonder about Elvis??
Old 05-21-2011, 03:06 AM

Good Morning Ladies,

I am off with mom on a quilting bus trip called Patchwork Express. We will be hitting 8 quilt stores today and tomorrow. Lunch and Dinner will be served at the quilt stores so that presents a challange in the eating. I am going to choose wisely in the choices and stay away from the sodas drink plenty of water.

Have a great weekend. Will let you know how my weekend goes.

Keep up the weight loss.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:42 AM

I just have to share my idea to not have road trips rick havoc with my exerciser routine. My husband has a work shop and the drive is about 6 hours. So sitting for 6 hours plus eating "out" is NOT good for the weight loss. So I am ridding along and we got sort of stalled in traffic. It was moving very slow and I told my husband I wanted to get out and walk along side. Of course that was not acceptable and I knew he was right as you never know when the traffic will start to move but.............. I started marching when I was sitting and would cross my arms one at a time sort of throwing it over my shoulder while we were driving!! I actually got a pretty good work out!!! I tried to do 10 minutes ever hour!! He asked me not to do it in stalled traffic because he was worried what others would think. I said To heck with it Let them call the funny farm cops!!!

Honestly my biggest goal in the weight loss is to motivate my husband. IF he sees how serious I am he will play along. So far it has worked. Instead of a berger and fries for lunch he chose a salad!! That is a first.
On the way home I am going to shoot for 15 minutes every hour. I can hardly wait to get home and see that I didn't gain to much!! LOL

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Good Morning Ladies,

I am off with mom on a quilting bus trip called Patchwork Express. We will be hitting 8 quilt stores today and tomorrow. Lunch and Dinner will be served at the quilt stores so that presents a challange in the eating. I am going to choose wisely in the choices and stay away from the sodas drink plenty of water.

Have a great weekend. Will let you know how my weekend goes.

Keep up the weight loss.
That sounds like so much fun!! I am excited for you!!

Missy
Power Poster

Irishrose I have never used the stevia. I'll have to try it. Dr Oz was talking about it being a good choice. He was saying artificial sweetners are bad aboout making you hungry.The stevia is what he recomended.I usually use spenda. Flavor wise I like it the best.But I am going to try stevia when I go to town next.Thanks for mentioning it. Last night I did go for a walk across the 2 acres again. It rained most of the day.It was kinda muddy and awful wet.My husband even went.Thanks everyone for all the tips and encouragement. Mary

Great exercise idea in the car! I like that.
Fourpaws, good for you to decide ahead of time how to avoid the extra calories.
Irish, I know you'll get that kid tackled!

I'm still having the internet blues. We had a fire in our town, took down cable and internet for over 24 hours, (not consecutively).
Nobody hurt, just a bunch of miffed people.

Today: What am I doing to reach my goal? How am I sabotaging myself?

My answer, I need to get up out of this chair!

Hugs,
MJ

Originally Posted by GrandmK
I just have to share my idea to not have road trips rick havoc with my exerciser routine. My husband has a work shop and the drive is about 6 hours. So sitting for 6 hours plus eating "out" is NOT good for the weight loss. So I am ridding along and we got sort of stalled in traffic. It was moving very slow and I told my husband I wanted to get out and walk along side. Of course that was not acceptable and I knew he was right as you never know when the traffic will start to move but.............. I started marching when I was sitting and would cross my arms one at a time sort of throwing it over my shoulder while we were driving!! I actually got a pretty good work out!!! I tried to do 10 minutes ever hour!! He asked me not to do it in stalled traffic because he was worried what others would think. I said To heck with it Let them call the funny farm cops!!!

Honestly my biggest goal in the weight loss is to motivate my husband. IF he sees how serious I am he will play along. So far it has worked. Instead of a berger and fries for lunch he chose a salad!! That is a first.
On the way home I am going to shoot for 15 minutes every hour. I can hardly wait to get home and see that I didn't gain to much!! LOL

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Oh how clever you are! That is awesome!! Oh if you ever need the funny farm cops, please let me know. My mother has them on speed dial for me. Hahaha!!

Missy
Old 05-21-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by deedee75
Good Evening Gang,

I skipped my walk today due to the unknown time my friend was going to show for my furniture. *sigh* He didn't show until after one.
I paced around for a while until I finally just threw myself into cleaning my old/now new again sewing room. (It was originally my sewing room, then I got booted to the downstairs room, then booted once again, to the dining room. Now, I'm back in my original sewing room. WooHoo! It's in there, just not back together yet because I'm too anal about how I want it in there, lol.

I now have a bed and a dining room table. Unfortunately, they both smell like smoke. I'm soaking the bed in Fabreeze and carpet cleaner. But, by the smell of it, I'll be working on it all week long.

I finally wrangled the kid to meet me tomorrow so I can get his Senior pics done. I've been trying to get him to cooperate for over a month now. His mother has even called me to complain that I haven't gotten them done. I had to explain to her that I have bent over backwards trying to get him to meet me for a sitting but between the weather and his disinterest, it was impossible.
So, tomorrow morning, as it's supposed to be fairly good weather, I'm getting the kid to sit for his pictures if I have to staple him down!

So today's stats:

Exercise: :thumbdown: Skipped my walk, but I did do some stair climbing and lugging furniture.
Water: :?: I think I did good, didn't really pay close attention, but I seem to always have water or tea in my hand.

Food: Ehhh....still no real appetite. Had a fruit and veggie smoothie. no snacks but only cherries and a salad for dinner. (I wanted popcorn, but compromised by tossing a few chipotle sunflower seeds in my salad.) and DARN, I just realized I forgot to put jalapenos in my salad!

Most likely going to skip my walk tomorrow morning as I have to meet the kid before 8 and it's an hour drive. Can't walk our back country roads without proper light. I'd either sprain my ankle or get rain over by a tractor! lol
You are doing awesome! You really did work out and that is great. I LOVE LOVE LOVE jalapenos! One thing I am craving so bad is nachos with a ton of jalapenos. I love that kind of food! Oh well...when I drink my breakfast shakes this morning I will close my eyes and pretend I am eating bean and cheese nachos with tons of peppers. :)

Missy