Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-21-2011, 10:19 AM

gotchacovered, you can 'join' anytime without being eligible for this month's FQs. Just start posting. The June sign-up for the FQ prize will be June 1 and 2. Purplemen will post a new thread.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Leann I use a step meter and wear it all day. I go to a park with our Sheltie (Jasper) and DH of course. We try and walk a mile to two miles at least once a day and if possible twice. If I get only the one walk in the count is more like 6800 to 8500 so twice is what I like to do.
Today was 7320 steps so I fell short of my goal but had other things to take care of today.
Gail
Getting caught up - saw this note & have a reply - I'm an OB nurse (now retired) & wore my pedometer to work 1 day just to see how far I walk - went over 4 miles without ever leaving the OB dept! So, keep on moving, friends!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:27 PM

The lawn is mowed, one small flower garden is weed free and I'm tired.

A new taste treat - some of the Blueberry Blast you put in a water bottle that I didn't finish yesterday, some orange juice and a shot of white chocolate caramel creamer. I've paid a pretty penny for smoothies that don't taste any better. I wonder if the Celestials Seasons stuff comes in any other flavors. I don't like blueberry.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by gotchacovered
I joined WW.about 6 months ago and have lost 40+ pounds. I am now really struggling to lose more. I am very interesting to join but it is already started. Will it be continued new month? Could I join then? Please let me know. Marcy.
Marcy,
I will post a thread to join on the last day of the month, it will be entitled: June2011 Weight Loss etc.

You are welcome to join the conversation any time you wish, this month you aren't eligible for the prize.

Warning: this group can be addictive! We expect you to pop in often and share your ups, downs, and hints!

MJ
Old 05-21-2011, 02:12 PM

I hope you are all having a good weekend, and are making healthy choices for your meals. I'm about to do my PT exercises. I don't have much energy today. I feel lazy today. I best get off here and be productive. Have a good evening everyone. Big hugs, Sandy
Old 05-21-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
I hope you are all having a good weekend, and are making healthy choices for your meals. I'm about to do my PT exercises. I don't have much energy today. I feel lazy today. I best get off here and be productive. Have a good evening everyone. Big hugs, Sandy
I am getting ready to have two more of my shakes. This time I am going to pretend they are cheese and onion enchiladas with chili con carne as the sauce and refried beans and rice. I can imagine the flavor of spicy jalapenos on top. Yumm-o!

I only have to drink 24 more shakes between now and surgery. I am counting the shakes instead of hours cause it seems to make it come faster that way. LOL! I know...I am a nutso but I have to do something to get the time to pass. Otherwise I would be wanting to eat up everything in the house.

Tonight we are having my sister and her fiance and son over to celebrate my birthday and my mom, my stepdad and nephew's birthday as well. We have a huge cake and mom is making tator tot cassarole for dinner. Will I be partaking in this comfort food feast? Nope. Not a bite will touch my lips. I have too much at stake to ruin it now.

I did buy a bottle of V-8 juice that is the hot and spicy variety. Yumm-o. I am going to sip on that for a while. It is not calorie free but it is loaded with potassium and other good stuff. It will be much healthier for me to sip on that than gobble up a piece of cake.

I do hope all is well with everyone and know I have each of you in my prayers and thoughts!!

Missy
Old 05-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Irish rose. I have 2 New Home treadles. I bought them late last year. I am trying to restore the one that has a oak cabinet. It was made in 1882.She needs alot of work I'm affraid. The other is a little older and has no cabinet yet.I would have loved to see the yard sale ones you were talking about. I live way out inthe country and I am the last farm on this power line. So when we lose power it is usually for quite awile.That's what got me wanting a teadle. Then they become addictive.I went to a couple sales today and bought nothing. Not like me.lol. Hope everybody is doing well and losing alot. Someone said she only lost 8 lbs this month. wow I only lost 3lbs I weigh on sundays cause that is when I started and I like to weigh once a week. Have a nice day. Gotta go for my 2 acre walk.(sounds like piglet and the 100 acre woods) lol. Mary
Old 05-21-2011, 03:58 PM

Mary, I bought a 1928 Leader (made by National) treadle in March. I do not need another, but I do like to look at at them. Earlier that month, I walked had away from a New Home that was a darling machine because it had wintered in a damp garage and the cabinet didn't fare well. My oldest daughter, who knows her antiques, was shaking her head no, so I left it. My Leader only needs a good cleaning and she will sew. Finding the longer needles will be an issue. I'm hoping treadling will help with my legs. Sew and get healthier. What more could I ask? It should certainly burn some calories. Actually, the machine already sews. I just don't want to give her a workout without a cleaning. She came from S Dakota years ago and has not been used since.

I am off to walk the dogs in the rain. It's not a heavy rain and it's not cold, so it's no biggie.

Good planning, Missy. I like the hot V-8. I wish I could get it low sodium. Add some extra spices. Cayenne ups your metabolism and burns calories.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Mary, I bought a 1928 Leader (made by National) treadle in March. I do not need another, but I do like to look at at them. Earlier that month, I walked had away from a New Home that was a darling machine because it had wintered in a damp garage and the cabinet didn't fare well. My oldest daughter, who knows her antiques, was shaking her head no, so I left it. My Leader only needs a good cleaning and she will sew. Finding the longer needles will be an issue. I'm hoping treadling will help with my legs. Sew and get healthier. What more could I ask? It should certainly burn some calories. Actually, the machine already sews. I just don't want to give her a workout without a cleaning. She came from S Dakota years ago and has not been used since.

I am off to walk the dogs in the rain. It's not a heavy rain and it's not cold, so it's no biggie.

Good planning, Missy. I like the hot V-8. I wish I could get it low sodium. Add some extra spices. Cayenne ups your metabolism and burns calories.
Well...I did have a 1" x 2" piece of cake. I took tiny bites and put my fork down between each bite. I swished it in my mouth and savored every morsel. It made it so that I really enjoyed the cake. I made a decision that that is how I will eat once I am able to eat solid food after my surgery.

Tomorrow I am going to the gym and then shakes all day. I really want to have another couple of pounds gone. Does that make me greedy? Should I just be satisfied with what I have lost already?

*sigh*

I am worried that somehow in the last 36 hours I have gained back the weight I have lost. I just HAVE to be the same or less by Wednesday. Monday is my last chance to weigh here so I am gonna do all I can tomorrow to get the exercise in and all my shakes consumed.

This whole thing is just freaking nerve racking. *sigh*

I'm sorry I am bringing my paranoia and obsession over this whole thing to the list day after day. It is just such a life changing huge event in my world and the good Lord knows I want it and need it.

Missy
Old 05-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Missy, you have nothing to apologize for. We are here to listen to you. This is a life changing surgery and you have a right to be obsessed with right it now. I don't blame you for wanting to keep losing this week. We all know how unpredictable women's bodies can be from day to day. You've given yourself a nice cushion. I was going to say try to relax to but I want to slap anyone who says that to me, so I'll skip it.

Still haven't walked the dogs. Now I need to get out my LED light. I've been a hood ornament once, never again. My ex-husband just called, but that's a whole 'nother story.