Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

Irish rose let me know the needle size. My daughter bought a bin thingie with lots of little drawers . People use them in shops to hold nuts and bolts. buttons whatever. Anyway there was over 45 pkgs of needles. each plastic pkg holds approx 10 needles. they are all long needles. to long for my singer and daughters brother. Haven't tried them in my treadles or old other machines.But I don't need that many needles.Missy I would be excited and worried too.But it is all going to be ok.Your almost there and you hit your goal plus some.A bite of cake won't stop you. You work out and do what your suppose too and Monday will be a piece of c--- (you know)good night everyone. Mary
Old 05-21-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Missy, you have nothing to apologize for. We are here to listen to you. This is a life changing surgery and you have a right to be obsessed with right it now. I don't blame you for wanting to keep losing this week. We all know how unpredictable women's bodies can be from day to day. You've given yourself a nice cushion. I was going to say try to relax to but I want to slap anyone who says that to me, so I'll skip it.

Still haven't walked the dogs. Now I need to get out my LED light. I've been a hood ornament once, never again. My ex-husband just called, but that's a whole 'nother story.
Thank you so much! I will try and remain calm but no promises.

I hope your ex did not bring in any drama for you. Enjoy your walk!

Missy
Old 05-21-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned
Congrats Missy on the weight loss!!

I finally lost another 2 pounds. So, that's a total of 14 pounds (don't know why my ticker says 15) since my doctor's appointment March 1. The good news is that it is fat and not water weight.
Woo hoo!

BTW, my Goal is 31 pounds before next doctor's appt. in September. I figured if I could do 30, I could do 31.

Stephanie
That's fantastic.I know you can do it.Because I just lost 15 pounds this month alone so far.And I too had a Dr.'s appointment the 17th of this month..And didn't want him to know I'd gained it.So,I'm sure you can do it.That's only 10 pounds a month,or less because we still have the rest of this month to go.Oh yes,that is great news.Keep it up!We should pledged our weight goals to the biggest loser weight challenge.To feed the hungry.Now,that would motivate me.Even more to know I was helping feed the hungry in America.I still got 30 or so pounds to lose.And it is at a stall,so I need to get going.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Irish rose let me know the needle size. My daughter bought a bin thingie with lots of little drawers . People use them in shops to hold nuts and bolts. buttons whatever. Anyway there was over 45 pkgs of needles. each plastic pkg holds approx 10 needles. they are all long needles. to long for my singer and daughters brother. Haven't tried them in my treadles or old other machines.But I don't need that many needles.Missy I would be excited and worried too.But it is all going to be ok.Your almost there and you hit your goal plus some.A bite of cake won't stop you. You work out and do what your suppose too and Monday will be a piece of c--- (you know)good night everyone. Mary
Thank you Mary! I will just be practicing my lamaze breathing until Monday. :)

You guys are the BEST!

Missy
Old 05-21-2011, 05:08 PM

Today was a Craptastic day! (if you want the details, check my post "I need to vent"

The only good point to my day was that I finally got the kid to do his photo shoot. Haven't looked at them all yet, but from what I've seen they've turned out well even with the iffy weather today.

I let my issues get the best of me today and I broke my two week streak of no sodas by cracking open a diet pepsi. In a way, it's still considered a good thing as in the past, I'd of had the soda, a pizza, candy and ice cream to try to drown my problems. Instead, I had the soda and a salad.

As for how I sabotage myself...hmm....I let myself use excuses. "Just one cookie won't hurt." "I don't need to go for a walk." "I don't have time to put in a full hour on my bike now, I'll come back to it later."

The only goal I've officially met today is water. My exercise did not happen and I'm still not eating properly. Not eating junkfood, even with my niece constantly trying to feed me jellybeans and cheez-its! (two of my downfalls)

But, tomorrow is another day and it WILL BE BETTER.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:09 PM

Mary, the needles are 20x1. They are about 1/4" longer than the 15x1 that most machines use. Boye was a big maker. I like size 11 or 12 needles. The one in the machine now is a 14. I feell like I'm making a big hole with a 14. It's a little machine 3/4 size - why does it need a giant needle? This is exciting. Let me know what you have, but there's no hurry.

Little Miss No Name - She'll be prettier when clean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200309[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-200303.jpe  
Old 05-21-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by deedee75
Today was a Craptastic day! (if you want the details, check my post "I need to vent"

The only good point to my day was that I finally got the kid to do his photo shoot. Haven't looked at them all yet, but from what I've seen they've turned out well even with the iffy weather today.

I let my issues get the best of me today and I broke my two week streak of no sodas by cracking open a diet pepsi. In a way, it's still considered a good thing as in the past, I'd of had the soda, a pizza, candy and ice cream to try to drown my problems. Instead, I had the soda and a salad.

As for how I sabotage myself...hmm....I let myself use excuses. "Just one cookie won't hurt." "I don't need to go for a walk." "I don't have time to put in a full hour on my bike now, I'll come back to it later."

The only goal I've officially met today is water. My exercise did not happen and I'm still not eating properly. Not eating junkfood, even with my niece constantly trying to feed me jellybeans and cheez-its! (two of my downfalls)

But, tomorrow is another day and it WILL BE BETTER.
Yes it always gets better. Never forget that.

Missy

PS: Someone needs to tell that to me hourly please.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
Mary, the needles are 20x1. They are about 1/4" longer than the 15x1 that most machines use. Boye was a big maker. I like size 11 or 12 needles. The one in the machine now is a 14. I feell like I'm making a big hole with a 14. It's a little machine 3/4 size - why does it need a giant needle? This is exciting. Let me know what you have, but there's no hurry.
She is beautiful. I will check in the morning.I'm tired and it's dark. I have some trouble reading little needles in the evening. I'll check when the sun is up.I'll get back to you. Mary
Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 AM

Irish rose, you leader treadle is beautiful. i would luv to have a singer like that. my mom's/mine/my grandma's dissapeared out of a house yrs ago. would luv to have another one. how much do they go for now? any ideas? i used one when i lived in france as a high school student. the electricity was a diff amp than in the states. soooo, used the treadle....
Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 AM

Good Morning everyone! I'm going to be gone all day so won't be able to post later. I'm packing my food to take with me for the day.

Well today is Sunday again and I'll be spending the morning in the kitchen at church. I'll have to be ever vigilant to keep my fingers out of the goodies.

DeeDee: Just remember today is another day - the first day of the rest of your life. Start over and don't beat yourself up over yesterday.

Missy - one small piece of cake probably isn't going to hurt you. Speaking from expierence though after my stomach stapling I still counldn't go back to eating the way I did pre-surgery. I had to measure my food and stay away from high calorie and surgery foods. When I went back to my old eating habits I gained weight back and alot of it. Good luck to you. My prayers are with you.