Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-22-2011, 07:57 AM

I buy bias tape from Gotcha covered on ebay. I'm looking at your adult bibs right now, I like them. Those are very nice.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:01 AM

I have been selling them for several years now. I have a hard time with the term "bibs" for adults. Guess it comes from my years @ nursing. Same with Adult diapers. Adult briefs sounds so much better.I think as you age and get closer to possibly needing these products you become more particular about what they are called. marcy
Old 05-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Yay! another pound off this morning, so maybe I was losing weight all along but also retaining water too. I need to remember this in the future and not get dicouraged so quickly. It is amazing how much less you are tempted to eat when you are losing.

Today is going to be a challenge. I have a baby shower to go to for my niece. And my sweet MIL will be there. :( It is always an adventure to see who her victim for the day will be. Hopefully she will be too busy hating my nieces new in laws to target me! LOL And my hubby always wants to go out for dinner on Sundays so that is 2 challenges in one day but I am so happy to be losing again that it shouldn't be much of a temptaion.

I hope every one has a good day today. The sun is shining here today. I haven't even touched my gardens yet this year. It has been too wet. If I don't get out there tomorrow I will have weeds a foot tall.
Lose lots of weight that will p#@% her off! Just think of her face when you go to eat something.Good luck. My husband has plowed the garden twice already. Can't get it tilled and planted before it rains. Getting irratating .Mary
Old 05-22-2011, 09:52 AM

Hello everyone. Just finished eating 1/2 baked chicken breast and salad for lunch. It was delicious. I started to weigh again this morning but completely forgot about it until after I had put something in my mouth. Oh well, I'll weigh tomorrow morning.

Rita's Mom, kudos to you for losing another lb. YEAH!!!! Im happy for you. I know it felt good to see another lb be gone when you really wasn't expecting it.

Gotchacovered, welcome to the board and to this thread. If you will read all the posts, you will find lots of encouragement, motivation, inspiration, cheering and hoorays for each other. It is a wonderful thread as it's so nice to have others for support, who are going through the same thing.

Lynne, Kudos to you for sticking with that 17 day diet and your exercising. I know it has to be so helpful that your hubby is doing this along with you. It sure is helpful to me that my hubby is eating the same foods as me. He's still doing the cooking/meals, as I still can't stand on my knee for very long at all. But eating the same foods is helpful to me. That way he isn't eating something "bad or unhealthy" in front of me, making it harder for me to stick to a healthy program. Bless his heart. I don't think he even has 15 extra lbs to lose but he's being a good sport in helping me out.

Jeanne, A BIG kudos to you, for packing your own food for today. You go girl!!!! I'm proud of you and for you.

deedee75, Don' beat yourself up. We all have days where we slip or take a step or 2 backwards. Pick yourself up, dust off your britches, and get back on this bandwagon with us. We can't eat perfectly all the time. We will off days. You had one, and you don't need to beat yourself up. Just get yourself refocused and get back on whatever program/plan you are doing. Extra hugs for you today.

To everyone else, keep doing good. Don't get discouraged. When you feel the scales aren't moving fast enough, remember, sometimes you are losing inches when the scales aren't moving. I'm so proud of all of us. WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!! WE WILL LOSE THE LBS AND GET HEALTHIER. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Bless you all! Big hugs, Sandy
Old 05-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Well, it seems that I got lost for a week or so. Sorry. Life happened and interferred with my time. Just looked at the last few posts, haven't had time to catch up with all I missed. It looks like we are all doing well and helping each other out. I got on the scale this a.m. and had lost 10 lbs since the beginning of May. Now mind you, I have been sick and alot of the weight will come back on as soon as I start to eat solid food again, but at least for today I can say I lost the 10.

Happy Sabbath to everyone.

Karen
Old 05-22-2011, 10:30 AM

Karen, sorry you have been sick but HOORAY for the lbs lost. Maybe if you will slowly reintroduce solid foods back, you will be able to keep some, if not all the lbs off. I hope you have a Blessed day also. Sandy
Old 05-22-2011, 01:55 PM

To all of you on this forum. We can do this with each others help and support. Each day is a new start; and another chance at improving what might have been a bad day for us. Remember that we are creatures of habit. The habits that we have had for years are not going to disappear over night. We all have them or we wouldn't be here trying to loose weight and help one another out. I am a foodaholic. Food is love,comfort,and the way I deal with added stress. I came from the clean your plate club. Food was a a way to show love and make sure that that my generation did not go hungry. My parents lived through the depression and went hungry @ times. My parents vowed that their children would never suffer the same fate. Every day I count my blessing that I have not binged; If I slip I try to figure out what triggered it. There are certain foods that I can not keep in the house because they beckon me.I am fortunate that I don't crave sweets. My weakness is carbs like potatoes, sphagetti; and breads. I hope that someone out there can relate to this and seek me out for their bad days and I can encourage them because I know EXACTLY how they feel. Thank you for listening.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:00 PM

Yes, carbs are my weakness too. I can give up the sweets but the carbs are very hard for me to "walk on by"
Old 05-23-2011, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
Well, it seems that I got lost for a week or so. Sorry. Life happened and interferred with my time. Just looked at the last few posts, haven't had time to catch up with all I missed. It looks like we are all doing well and helping each other out. I got on the scale this a.m. and had lost 10 lbs since the beginning of May. Now mind you, I have been sick and alot of the weight will come back on as soon as I start to eat solid food again, but at least for today I can say I lost the 10.

Happy Sabbath to everyone.

Karen
Oh,so sorry to hear you been sick.I think when life happens and we get upset,and not express our feelings,it can come out in a sickness.And we also can just get a bug of some kind.There is so many bugs around it's hard not to.But it's still nice you lost 10 pounds.Just too bad you been really sick to even eat much.That's not fun.Yes,I think everybody is doing great.I lost my 15 pounds I gained,finely,so am back down to 160.Haven't lost any more tho,so need to make a new plan for a new number to strive for.150 sounds good,but am now at a stand still.I'll have to kick it in gear if I'm going to have a chance at those fat quarters.But am so far behind,doubt I'll ever catch up.I'd have to lose a lot more to win this month.I'd have to spirutien it to catch up.But it is healthy,cause you can only get it from the health food store,or Vitamin World.And it tastes good,and is filling.If your having trouble eating,that would be good for you,as it has all the daily vitamins and nutrition we need in it.The most I ever lost on it was 20 pounds in 1 week.That stuff is amazing.I'm glad your back and proud of you for losing 10 pounds.Use it for a spring board and continue on.I hope you do get to feeling better tho.
Don't let other people rain on your parade and get you upset.It's your life,and you don't need negativity in it.You are a beautiful woman and have beautiful children,and a beautiful family.You work hard to earn a living,and are a good mother to your children.There's no place for it when you already have a full plate.Besides,we got to lose some weight and get more healthy so your kids can have you around a long time.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:19 AM

Good Morning everyone. Well church was not good for me yesterday. I ate a krumkaka and licked all the chocolate frosting off the spatula and out of the cake pan. I stopped at that mostly because the frosting sent my sugar level sky high. So I paid the price for my straying. I kept on my food plan the rest of the day and in the end I stayed under my calories count but was over on my sugar intake. Well today is a new day and I'm starting over. I do water aerobics this morning I can't wait!

Hope everyone has a wonderful productive day. God Bless everyone.

Missy, my prayers are with you - just think you're one day closer to your surgery!