Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-28-2011, 04:22 PM

Missy I am soooo glad your home and doing well. Just take it easy and you will feel better each day. Love Ya and God Bless.
Gail
Old 05-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by MOMBASIL53
the only thing I can eat when I get that is sugar free pudding.
Tomorrow will be my first day of my diet......Pray for me
I will be praying for you. Welcome to this thread. Just hang in there and post regularly for support and motivation.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Missy it is so good to hear from you! I am so glad everything went well! We have all been anxious to hear from you.

Do you have to be on liquids only to start with? I have a friend who had the lap band done and it seemed like she had to add solid foods slowly at first.

It's so good to have you back on here posting again, we missed you and love hearing from you. You have accomplished so much this month! :)
Old 05-28-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Missy I am soooo glad your home and doing well. Just take it easy and you will feel better each day. Love Ya and God Bless.
Gail
Ditto,we were all biting our nails,waiting for you to let us know how you were doing.Glad your done with that part of it.Now we can relax some.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by MOMBASIL53
make that 17......I am going to get on the band wagon too....I'll need lots of prayers.....willpower is really hard......I have a skinny husband who can eat whatever he wants. Judy
Welcome Judy.I got a BIL like that.Eats ALL day,and candy too,never gains an oz.I look at it,and gain weight.Well,we'll support you and prod you on,This is my 1st month too.But next month,we should be doing better,I hope anyway.I did lose 15 pounds this month,then put on 8 pounds because of my dr.changing one of my meds,but got another one that works better with no water retention side effects.So,hang in there,it's not easy,but can be done.We're all struggling,but at least we do have one another to lean on.Good luck,and I'll pray for you too.You can do it.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:27 PM

Welcome Judy, glad to have you with us.
Xylei55 you have really well this month keep it up.
Every day is a new opportunity to do better than yesterday. We are all on the journey. One day at a time or one meal at a time what ever it takes.
I have my FQ ready for the winner I didn't do very well this month but I'm not here just for the FQ I'm here to get healthy.
Have a wonderful Sunday and Happy Memorial Day to all.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:14 AM

where's the june sign up? no time like the present--this fat isn't running away on it's own, so time to push it off my waist and not to my hips but out the door and out of my life!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:57 AM

Welcome Nancia, The June sign up isn't out yet but will be shortly. MJ will post a notice when it's up and running. You've made a great decision by joining this group. We will support and motivate you.

Missy, I'm so glad to hear from you that everything went well. How relieved you must be. My prayers are still with you as you go through this period of transition.

It's Sunday a.m. again and I'm off to face my weekly challenge at church. We are celebrating the graduates today and they are having a huge cake for them (one of my greatest temptations). I'll take it 15 minutes at a time through the morning and I think I can make it.

Yesterday I ate 1 sugar cookie at quilt class and got such a headache I couldn't believe it. I went out for a mile walk to burn it off.

Everyone have a great day and Happy Memorial Day!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Glad your back Missy. Hope you heal quickly.Nice to know everything went well. Jeanne make sure no cake falls into your tummy.Good luck girl. Mombasil join this group and you will have lots of support. And if you are not the top loser it will only cost you 1 fat quarter.And if you win look at all the fat quarters you'll get.I have only lost 4 lbs so far this month. BUT if I hadn't joined I WOULD NOT HAVE LOST ANYTHING.So good luck to all and as usual thanks for your support. Have a great weekend.here is a little recipe for the bbq- I like to thinly slice a chicken breast in long strips. cut onion into hunks like quartered only smaller. thin slice zuchini cut bell pepper into squares about 1". cut turkey bacon into 2" lengths also need mandarin oranges. On skewers put 1 piece of pepper,1 quarter onion,1 slice chicken woven on like you baste a piece of fabric. 1 zuchinni.wrap a piece of turkey around 1 orange segment and put on skewer add 1 pepper.1 zuchinni.and 1 onion marinate in a mixture of bbq sauce and low fat italian dressing. sprinkle with onion powder and garlic powder black pepper if you want. Grill on bbq till meat is done. This is really good over brown rice. It may be a bit of a extra but once in awhile you need something more.It's not like you ate a brownie or anything.Enjoy Mary
Old 05-29-2011, 10:52 AM

1 slice chicken woven on like you baste a piece of fabric. Mary[/quote]

This is the first time I've heard that description of putting chicken on a skewer. Love it!!

Flowers are purchased. It's fun wandering through and picking up anything my little heart desires knowing someone else is paying the bill. It was high, but that's what my two oldest daughters want to do. Now if someone would come plant the rose bushes, a tree and hundreds of annuals, I'd appreciate it. It won't happen. My children all have busy lives. My son may be back this week - his work has been delayed by Indian arrowheads. I'll save the heavy stuff until I know.

Weight is holding even though I have been snacking too much. Now to drop the two pounds for the month. I did twice, but they sneak back.

Missy is home, MJ keeps us on track, we are all hanging in here, all is right with the world. You go, women (I am not a girl)!