Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-05-2011, 12:19 PM

The recipe sounds good, MJ, but it's fresh garlic or garlic powder for me, no garlic salt. Most veggies don't need salt and I don't need added salt.

I'm in a holding pattern - need to up the exercise and eat a little less if I'm going to get this done.

Missy, as far as I'm concerned you have as much right as anyone else to the FQs if you are the winner for the month before surgery. Surgery changes things, but up until that date, you're in. We could all be as dedicated as you if we wanted. Lots of us are on doctor prescribed diets, so that's no reason for exclusion. If you lose more weight in 25 days than anyone else does in 31, then, you go, girl. What's the theme this month? I'll have to go back and look.

Edit: Pastels for the month. Yummy!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
The recipe sounds good, MJ, but it's fresh garlic or garlic powder for me, no garlic salt. Most veggies don't need salt and I don't need added salt.

I'm in a holding pattern - need to up the exercise and eat a little less if I'm going to get this done.

Missy, as far as I'm concerned you have as much right as anyone else to the FQs if you are the winner for the month before surgery. Surgery changes things, but up until that date, you're in. We could all be as dedicated as you if we wanted. Lots of us are on doctor prescribed diets, so that's no reason for exclusion. If you lose more weight in 25 days than anyone else does in 31, then, you go, girl. What's the theme this month? I'll have to go back and look.

Edit: Pastels for the month. Yummy!
You are so so sweet! I would love to be in the running for the FQs. Okay. Now I will change my attitude about this whole thing and just do what I can up until they wheel me into surgery. :) Thank you for the prospective!

Missy
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM

Missy, I still plan on sending you a FQ when you hit your final lb, prior to surgery. As said last month, you deserve it. You have had to work hard to get this weight off, even if structured by your Dr. You are almost there too, girlfriend. Only a few more lbs. to go. I'm proud of you and for you. Keep up the good work. Sandy
Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Missy, I still plan on sending you a FQ when you hit your final lb, prior to surgery. As said last month, you deserve it. You have had to work hard to get this weight off, even if structured by your Dr. You are almost there too, girlfriend. Only a few more lbs. to go. I'm proud of you and for you. Keep up the good work. Sandy
Thank you thank you Sandy! It won't be long now! Six pounds will be gone in no time at all. I made my pre-op testing appointment for next Wednesday. I am so excited cause when that is done it will really feel real to me. Yay!

Missy
Old 05-05-2011, 01:22 PM

Missy you rock, I'm sending you the FQ just because you have worked so hard for such a long time to get here. Let us know when you reach your goal we will have a cyber party for you.
Today I walked just shy of 3 miles I sure hope that makes the scale nudge so far this month it has been stuck like theres glue on the number.
Love the stories and inspiration today you all are such a help in getting us to stick with our life improvement.
Have a wonderful day
Gail
Old 05-05-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Xylie55- I know those not so good feelings while you wait till the next meal. Always before when I tried to lose weight my sugars would drop and I would want to eat everything in sight before lunch. This time one of the first rules I made was I HAVE to have a healthy breakfast(not cake or cookies like before) about 1 hour after I get up. Not at 12 or 1 o'clock because I got busy and put it off. I have had oatmeal most days and then some sort of small protien about 10 o'clock. I don't get that headache and starving feeling anymore. I am trying to be able to eat about what I feed everyone else in my house. I just cut my portions way down. That way I don't feel deprived and it works in any situation I am in. Used to be if I got in a situation with cake or sweets I would not be able to just have a few small bites of it and push it away, now I can for some reason. I don't keep that stuff in the house though because if I did It would call to me and you all know the rest of that story! I do feel a little guilty though because when we are out at a party or reception I have a few bites and then give the reat to my hubby to finish. Which he is more than willing to do, but somewhere in the back of my evil mind I know I am helping him wreck his health to save mine!:)
I do love to bake, but homemade cakes and cookies are my biggist weakness so now when I have to bring something somewhere I just buy it at the store and take it. I'm not tempted and it leaves me free time to quilt. I used to take pride in all of my homemade treats and would never be caught dead bringing a store bought cake to a family gathering. Well now I realize the only reward you get from being a great baker is a great big butt!:) oh and if there is some left at the end of a party DON'T bring it home with you.....never! Pawn it off on everyone else! I know I am making it out to be a joke but what I am really trying to say is, I am realizing that it is easy to change the way we do alot of things to benifit ourselves. When I bring fruit plates and relish trays they disappear just as fast. And hopefully so will my butt!:)

I also knew I had to come up with a plan that wasn't too harsh or I would never stick to it. If I get in a situation that has foods that temp me I just take a very small amount or just a few bites and then push it away. The 4th and 5th bite tastes just like the first ones. That way I don't feel deprived and I don't ruin my days worth of calories. And nobody even realizes you are watching what you eat. I don't know about everyone else but it embarasses(SP?) me for everyone to know I am trying to lose weight. I don't know why but it does.

If you drink all of the water they say you should that keeps you pretty busy trying to get it all in for the day. Some one told me once to make it nice for your self. Buy a pretty glass or cup and use lemons and limes for garnish so it makes trying to drink that much more exciting! Plus you get a built in exercise routine- Sit, drink, run to the bathroom, sit , drink, run to the bathroom, and repeat!
Well that was very long and drawn out! sorry
Thank you so much.That's why I love this forum.We can all bounce things off of each other and get insites and good ideas off one-other.And I love the reciepes that are coming.My hubby has verticulitis (sp) and his tummy is bothering him,so have to go on soft foods like soups a couple days or so.so can try some out.For a nice change.Good luck
Old 05-05-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Missy you rock, I'm sending you the FQ just because you have worked so hard for such a long time to get here. Let us know when you reach your goal we will have a cyber party for you.
Today I walked just shy of 3 miles I sure hope that makes the scale nudge so far this month it has been stuck like theres glue on the number.
Love the stories and inspiration today you all are such a help in getting us to stick with our life improvement.
Have a wonderful day
Gail
Oh Gail! You are so sweet! You bet I will tell you guys when I get under the big 400!!!

Missy
Old 05-05-2011, 04:42 PM

maggie may, welcome. join next month. are you losing with us? yes, i was with the last thread for 2 months. lurked a lot also. they got me going. 9 lbs lost where before, i just couldn't get going. or get motivated. just trying the best i can day by day seems to be working.
and not beating myself up, if i'm not perfect. , but trying to make better food choices.....
Old 05-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Everyone is doing so well~!

I had a good day, too. I am down to almost taking off the medicine weight. I weigh 263.4. That's fantastic!

I want so badly to be under 260. Maybe soon!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

Missy I am sooo excited for you. Your gonna make it girl. Just a few more pounds ....Today I went yard saling with 1 of my daughters and 1 grand-daughter and 2 great-grand kids. NEVER take kids under 6 yrs old yard saling. Between the whining and finding shoes every other stop and great grand son puking in the van all over himself and the van...Just no more of that. I am exhausted. I didn't find anything quilt related. I had a whole wheat bagel for breakfast and 3 crackers and tea for lunch. I was soooo hungry when I got home at 4:30pm I made a big beautiful plate for myself. I had 1/2 plate of green salad spoonful of cottage cheese with 2 slices diet packed peaches and 1 cup fresh asparagus oh and 3 oz burger pattie.(lean beef)with sauted mushrooms on it. I am stuffed now. No need for yogert tonight. I want to wish everyone hope and love and luck on your weight loss. I am so pleased to say I lost 2 lbs since May 1st.Aint much but it's way better than gaining 2 lbs.lol. Mary