Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a good day. I weighed this morning and have lost another 0.6 of a lb, making my total 22.8 lbs. I am 250 lbs. If not tomorrow, definitey by Saturday, I WILL be seeing 240's on my scale. I am so excited. So close....... I'm about to see a number on my scale I haven't seen in 7 years. wooo hoooo. This morning, I took a little bit of time and went through my closet pulling out some clothes I have not worn in a long time. They had gotten toooo tight, as I had gained so much weight. I am PROUD to say, I now fit back into some of my older tops and pants/capris. It is so exciting. It's almost like having new clothes as I haven't worn them in such a long time. Some of the clothes I tried on, I am not far from fitting back into them also. This was a big motivator for me, along with being on the 250 mark on my scale. Someone made the comment the other day that they dont like putting their weight numbers out there. I used to be the same way. Now that I have lost over 22 lbs and am so determined to NEVER go back to my highest weight (272.8), I have no problem giving my numbers. You don't have to give your numbers on here. Thats what is great about this thread. I hope you all have a good day of making healthy food choices. Sandy
Old 05-05-2011, 10:30 AM

Xylie55- I know those not so good feelings while you wait till the next meal. Always before when I tried to lose weight my sugars would drop and I would want to eat everything in sight before lunch. This time one of the first rules I made was I HAVE to have a healthy breakfast(not cake or cookies like before) about 1 hour after I get up. Not at 12 or 1 o'clock because I got busy and put it off. I have had oatmeal most days and then some sort of small protien about 10 o'clock. I don't get that headache and starving feeling anymore. I am trying to be able to eat about what I feed everyone else in my house. I just cut my portions way down. That way I don't feel deprived and it works in any situation I am in. Used to be if I got in a situation with cake or sweets I would not be able to just have a few small bites of it and push it away, now I can for some reason. I don't keep that stuff in the house though because if I did It would call to me and you all know the rest of that story! I do feel a little guilty though because when we are out at a party or reception I have a few bites and then give the reat to my hubby to finish. Which he is more than willing to do, but somewhere in the back of my evil mind I know I am helping him wreck his health to save mine!:)
I do love to bake, but homemade cakes and cookies are my biggist weakness so now when I have to bring something somewhere I just buy it at the store and take it. I'm not tempted and it leaves me free time to quilt. I used to take pride in all of my homemade treats and would never be caught dead bringing a store bought cake to a family gathering. Well now I realize the only reward you get from being a great baker is a great big butt!:) oh and if there is some left at the end of a party DON'T bring it home with you.....never! Pawn it off on everyone else! I know I am making it out to be a joke but what I am really trying to say is, I am realizing that it is easy to change the way we do alot of things to benifit ourselves. When I bring fruit plates and relish trays they disappear just as fast. And hopefully so will my butt!:)

I also knew I had to come up with a plan that wasn't too harsh or I would never stick to it. If I get in a situation that has foods that temp me I just take a very small amount or just a few bites and then push it away. The 4th and 5th bite tastes just like the first ones. That way I don't feel deprived and I don't ruin my days worth of calories. And nobody even realizes you are watching what you eat. I don't know about everyone else but it embarasses(SP?) me for everyone to know I am trying to lose weight. I don't know why but it does.

If you drink all of the water they say you should that keeps you pretty busy trying to get it all in for the day. Some one told me once to make it nice for your self. Buy a pretty glass or cup and use lemons and limes for garnish so it makes trying to drink that much more exciting! Plus you get a built in exercise routine- Sit, drink, run to the bathroom, sit , drink, run to the bathroom, and repeat!
Well that was very long and drawn out! sorry
Old 05-05-2011, 10:40 AM

Howdy!! I went and weighed in today at the hospital and have lost 2 more pounds in the last two days. I am losing just over a pound a day now. Woohoo!!!

I have 21 days to surgery and I need to lose 6 more pounds. That should be a piece of cantaloupe. (I was gonna say piece of cake but that is a no-no for me. LOL)

I am still on the all liquid diet (7 shakes a day) and that in combo with my exercise is doing the trick. I am dreaming of a day when I step on their scale and it is UNDER 400. I have not been under 400 in many years.

This is such a huge thing for me. HUGE. The surgeon told me this morning since he was passing through the hallway that when I reach my goal he will gladly do my tummy tuck. He said he has had NO problems getting it approved by insurance when someone has started out so big and gets to their goal. THAT made Missy a happy girl.

I know because I am on this very strigent diet that I should probably not be in the running for the fabric so that is okay. It is much more important for me to get my surgery and be losing enough to get me to my goal than to receive fabric. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE FABRIC but I think that it might be unfair to you all on the list if I took the fabric from someone who deserves it more. Make sense?

Anyway....LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Missy who has 504 hours until surgery
Old 05-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Way to go Missy. I am so very proud of you.

One thing I learned when I went to Weight Watchers is that when you crave something you should eat a small bite/piece of it and remember that usually the first bite tastes the best. If you can remember that, it is easier not to take the second, third, fourth, fifth.....etc. bites. And I have found it to be true. When I really, really want something, the first bite is heaven, but after that I seem to be eating it just to be eating it. Does this make any sense to you all?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 AM

MJ that recipe sounds good! Kind of like Applebees broccoli which is so yummy and supposed to be low in calories. I will try your recipe for sure. And I will go check out myfitnesspal. I looked at it once but didn't really take the time to figure out how it works. Thanks

Great job Sandy!

On a positive note, losing even just a little weight does seem to boost your cofidence. My husband's aunt passed away and her services are on Sat.(thats not the positive part)Normally, I hate going to anything where I have to be around alot of people I am not comfortable with. Especially since my precious mother in law will be there pointing out to everyone who will listen just how heavy I am! Have I ever mentioned how much I love her??? She's a real sweety! but enough about her. The positive part is I am not as stressed out about going this time. Sure I am still heavy but at least I will be able to sit and breathe because my cloths will fit better and not be so tight. Somehow when you start taking better care of yourself you stop worrying so much what others are thinking. I think alot of our weight is because we worry to much about what others think of us. We give too much of our energy to "nice" people like my MIL and define ourselves by their standards. I still would rather not be seen but it is not as big of an ordeal for me as usual. So that is another plus to losing weight and feeling better about ourselves.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
Way to go Missy. I am so very proud of you.

One thing I learned when I went to Weight Watchers is that when you crave something you should eat a small bite/piece of it and remember that usually the first bite tastes the best. If you can remember that, it is easier not to take the second, third, fourth, fifth.....etc. bites. And I have found it to be true. When I really, really want something, the first bite is heaven, but after that I seem to be eating it just to be eating it. Does this make any sense to you all?
Thank you so much! Yes it makes total sense. I am reading French Women Don't Get Fat and it is a great read. I totally recommend it. It talks about that same type of principle.

Missy
Old 05-05-2011, 11:51 AM

scapngmom that does make great sense to me. And it has actually been working for me too.

Yay Missy!!!! And good job pickin up the cantaloupe and kickin the cake to the curb!

I don't know how everyone else feels but I would LOVE to send you a FQ when you reach your goal to have surgery, whether you are in or out of this months running!
You have been one of my biggest inspirations on here!

Ok, I am done. I will stop hoggin up all of the conversation here! :|
Old 05-05-2011, 11:59 AM

Hello all- I am not in your weight loss challange, but I have been lurking on here almost every day to see what is going on. I did join in a couple months of the challanges in the fall but found a good portion of the chit chat wasn't about weight loss- which is fine & fun & everything- but I needed more weight loss talk & motivation!

So, I hope you all don't mind if I chime in from time to time! Sounds like a good group you have here!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
scapngmom that does make great sense to me. And it has actually been working for me too.

Yay Missy!!!! And good job pickin up the cantaloupe and kickin the cake to the curb!

I don't know how everyone else feels but I would LOVE to send you a FQ when you reach your goal to have surgery, whether you are in or out of this months running!
You have been one of my biggest inspirations on here!

Ok, I am done. I will stop hoggin up all of the conversation here! :|
Oh thank you! Wow...an inspiration? I never thought of myself that way. Thank you for saying that.

Missy
Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
Hello all- I am not in your weight loss challange, but I have been lurking on here almost every day to see what is going on. I did join in a couple months of the challanges in the fall but found a good portion of the chit chat wasn't about weight loss- which is fine & fun & everything- but I needed more weight loss talk & motivation!

So, I hope you all don't mind if I chime in from time to time! Sounds like a good group you have here!
No one at all will mind if you post! Please post all you like!

Yeah...things got really off topic and I am ever so guilty of that but I am trying real hard to stay on topic this month.

I am glad you are reading and getting encouragement.

Missy