Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-04-2011, 08:08 AM

I am keeping an eye on this blog and reporting in on my progress. I had lost 2 lbs and gained over Easter and went back with great effort to lose it again. Weighing in this AM I found I had lost that, plus three more as well. I do know that I will not see a lost as this often, but will rejoice in whatever increments that show a loss!

I walked, worked in the yard and watched my intake of food. The food is very difficult for sure, I am not a big eater, but I know my choices were not often what they should be. I love sweets and trying hard to move away from that enticement!

Good luck to each and happy dieting and exercising!

Sharon
Old 05-04-2011, 09:53 AM

Sharon, three pounds is great. It's nice enough here to work outside today, but I'm behind indoors, so the outside will have to wait.

Leann, you are doing fantastic. Every pound you lose is more pressure off that knee. I have forgotten the ratio, but it's high. I'm ready for a more restrictive diet as soon as I use up the fresh fruit I bought Saturday.

A step counter doesn't work on me. I've used $1 ones and high dollar ones. There is so much metal in my feet, that it seems I walk rather lightly to curtail the pain, so the counter doesn't register. It's disheartening to wear one for an hour or two and register 6 steps.

My weight is holding, but at least it's under one of those 0 numbers and I'm not gaining.

Back to the May birthday quilt. It's so colorful! I do need to stop today to make a GD two birthday aprons.

My attitude adjustment for today?? Slow and steady wins the race - folding clothes, moving furniture, sewing, quilting, whatever. Just get started. G'day.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Just a quick howdy this afternoon. I don't have much to show for today, but my eating is still on target. I am breaking that trend of eating when I am bored/tired/stressed/etc.

Irish, my doc told me that each pound of weight loss was associated with a 4 pound reduction in knee-joint load. I forgot what the running numbers are, just staggering.

Need to get busy. Later.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rose L
Leann, My DD2 is leaving for college on the 11th of June. She will be living with her father. I'm not sure how that will go but for now that is the plan. I'll be on my own then after 29 years of parenting. It's kind of scary, don't know what I'll do with myself. It's a good thing I am focusing on my weight or living alone could easily do me in.

Rose
Rose, thanks for sharing with me. Josh has always been around his dad & I and I am sure he is spoiled. But he is a great kid, not rebellious - other than the occasional attitude, loves his mom & dad. A friend told me to start distancing myself from him, but since we are on the down side of his life at home, it seems that I would be depriving myself.

Daddy said I was born, then got married 6 months later. I am gonna enjoy my baby while he is here.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:07 AM

Leann, How can you distance yourself from someone you love? When the time comes, you will both be ready for it. It won't mean you won't miss him, but that a chapter of both of your lives as opened. When my oldest left for Colorado, people said I wouldn't miss her because I had so many other children. It didn't matter - I didn't have her in my house, but we both were ready. When my youngest left, it wasn't any different. We raise them to become independent, productive adults.

I would say look at it as gaining a sewing room, but I didn't change my children's rooms when they went off to college. When they married and left, that was different and they had 30 days to get whatever they wanted out of my house. Then I gained space- and garage sale cash.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:23 PM

Just started this challenge yesterday without very good results. My fault as I didn't have very many good choice foods in the house. Today is better so far. It's hard to think of buying more good choice foods when I have lots of other foods on hand already. I need to work on that for sure. Like right now it's 4 PM and I need a snack. Guess I'll try a banana. Then try to figure out something to go with fish for dinner. Wish me luck.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:45 PM

Sharon, 3 pounds is fabulous! I'm still trying to take off the 8 I gained last week. I have 3 more to go.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Rita's mom. make a dear jane quilt. you will luv the learning curve. 4.5 in blocks, and everyone is different, so you don't get bored. jane is my wt loss quilt.
i enjoyed reading everyone's story. together we can do this, and get some quilting done besides. i did about 5 blocks on my jane today. almost went and rode the lawn mower, but decided to give my self a little more time to get well. and it was only about 50 around here today, and windy. so stayed in and warm instead.my husband was talking pizza for supper, and talked him out of it. i would really like to do better than 2 lbs this month. 'one day at a time' and 'eat right, right now' is what i tell myself. good luck ladies, hope you all were good today.

and this is my 3rd month following this thread, and trying. 9 lbs gone. i just couldn't get started and get motivated before. nothing worked. and i had been trying.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

Well I think joining you girls has put me back on track. I was good today and only ate what I was suppose to for each meal. Now if only it would stop raining so i could go walking I would feel great.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:40 PM

sewNso I actually am doing the Dear Jane quilt as a class. I thought about using it, but our teacher has us making blocks faster than I can lose the weight! lol

Things got hectic last night and I ended up ordering pizza for all of us. I wasn't happy because I know it is not on my eating plan. But I ordered a thin crust mushroom and onion pizza and only had one piece. That is good for me, because I remember it was nothing for me to eat 3 maybe4 fatty meat lovers pieces dipped in ranch and probably have dessert later. I was nervous because I know pizza is high in calories but at least I made a better choice.