Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-28-2011, 02:54 AM

I weighed in yesterday and lost 1/2 pound. Not much but at least it's a loss. My total for the month so far is 5 pounds.

Karen so sorry to hear about your acid reflux problem. I have gastroparesis which means the muscles in my stomach don't work to empty my stomach so I have acid reflux pretty much all the time. The doc prescribed Prevecid for the gastro reflux and it helps reduce the acid but there's nothing that can be done about the gastroparesis except watch my diet and not eat alot of solid food.

Hope we hear from Missy soon. I've been praying for her. I miss her cheery posts.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:49 AM

Good morning All!
I am worried about Missy also so I hope we hear from her today.

I, too, have gastropareisis, and much of the heartburn acid reflux issues. Right now, I take Zantac 150 and it helps.

Take a deep breath! Now streeeetchhhhh! Now wiggle your fingers! Now your toes! Now stretch as far as you can and touch your toes! Doesn't that feel better??

Remember to stretch and breathe deeply today! It will clear your head and muscles and give you new energy!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:48 AM

Thanks for all the good thoughts. I was on Previcid, but since it became an otc it hasn't worked as well. I do take it and antiacids, and watch what I eat. I really have problems during allergy seasons when my body produces so much more mucus--my stomache just heaves and heaves then. My family is used to seeing Mom run to a sink or toilet. They think it is sort of funny. My attacks have been under control mostly, but once in awhile it heaves its ugly head like it did the other night.

Haven't brought myself to weigh-in today. Will wait for tomorrow.

Everyone have a super great saturday and a wonderful holiday weekend.

Karen
Old 05-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like everyone is trying. That's what counts. About Missy,A friend of mine had the lap band done and it was a few days before she got doing things.She was in hospital day of surgery plus 1 more.Don't know if all are done like that but she only had about 50 lbs to lose.Seems senseless to me for that amount. Since she had good health.Her insurance paid for it though. Anyway maybe no news is good news. Maybe she is getting much needed rest after all the stress.She was so worried pre=surgery. I been going up to our attic and cleaning. It's like a sauna up there. it's suppose to be 82* today and the attic is about 20* hotter.I worked for 2 1/2 hrs and had to come down and cool off.Don't want to do too much at one time.Mary
Old 05-28-2011, 02:33 PM

I did it!!! I had the surgery and now I am in the recovery state.

I have 5 incisions and they hurt but I am working on getting better.

It feels soooo good to have no sensation of hungry. I drink and eat on a time table because I do not ever feel hungry. Strange but good feeling.

I am going to go backwards now to read all the posts. I love you guys!!

Missy
Old 05-28-2011, 02:37 PM

Glad you checked in Missy- I think we have all been thinking about you & wondering how you are!! Sounds like things went well. Take care of yourself!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:39 PM

Missy!
I am so happy to hear from you. We have worried my hair gray!
LOL!

I am sooooo glad to hear you are doing well. It is a really strange feeling to not be hungry, isn't it?

Rest, recuperate, and pm me your address.
I couldn't believe I didn't have it!

Love you muchly,
MJ
Old 05-28-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Missy!
I am so happy to hear from you. We have worried my hair gray!
LOL!

I am sooooo glad to hear you are doing well. It is a really strange feeling to not be hungry, isn't it?

Rest, recuperate, and pm me your address.
I couldn't believe I didn't have it!

Love you muchly,
MJ
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!!!

YES it is a weird sensation to not feel hunger. I am drink as much as I can and sipping on purreed soup. Not a lot of calories for sure. I will not weigh in again until my two week check up with the surgeon here. I will be soo anxious to see what the numbers will be.

The surgeon in Sioux Falls said that he had to put in the large band (that holds 14 cc/ml of saline). That will give me lots of room for fills as I lose the weight.

I am so happy even with all the physical pain that I had this surgery. It was worth every hoop I had to jump through.

Once again, I love you guys and am so happy we are sharing this weight loss journey together!

Missy
Old 05-28-2011, 02:57 PM

make that 17......I am going to get on the band wagon too....I'll need lots of prayers.....willpower is really hard......I have a skinny husband who can eat whatever he wants. Judy
Old 05-28-2011, 03:05 PM

the only thing I can eat when I get that is sugar free pudding.
Tomorrow will be my first day of my diet......Pray for me