Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM

I didn't get the pm about introducing myself but I'll jump in anyway. Like the sticker on my sewing machine says -no guts no glory! LOL.

Hello all. My drivers license says I'm 60 - be 61 in August! Is that really me? :lol: I sure don't feel it. I've got about 30 pounds to lose and hopefully can maintain my weight after that. We are trying to do a lifestyle change rather than a diet - cutting out most carbs; eating lots of fruits and veggies; lots of water; no sodas and sugary drinks - that's kind of the plan. We have a big yard and I try to walk laps everyday. We were going bicycle riding 2 or 3 times a week (12- 15 miles each trip) but have gotten sidetracked lately with yard work and building a new deck on the house. Gotta get back to the rides though. We line dance usually a couple nights a week also. My sewing room is upstairs so if I want to sew I get more exercise that way too. :lol:

I think this is a great group. It will be fun working together and cheering each other on.

Shirley
Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 PM

Silly thing posted twice! Sorry about that.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Hi everyone. I am fifty something (54) and very, very, fluffy. (My 11 year old son tells me I am not fat, I am just fluffy.) My problem is I have an 80 mile commute to work so I am in the car three to four hours a day. By the time I get home, get dinner on, help with homework, I am exhausted and I just don't get any exercising in. My goal this week is to maybe walk up and down the stairs at work a few extra times a day trying to get a little more exercise in my day. Next week I will add some more small thing to this to get more exercise in.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:01 PM

okay, i guess, here goes. i'm 64 and have lost and regained the same 20 lbs 20 times. retired, and gained 50 lbs. so i want the 70 lbs gone. mother of 4 grown girls, and 7 grandkids. only l gdkd close now, which i kept 2 days aweek up till a couple weeks ago. asthma was kicking my butt, so he is going to a sitter for a while. luv to quilt and garden.
married to the same DH for 47 yrs i think.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM

Please count me in, too. I've been working on this since last June on my own and have lost 46 pounds, but could sure use some group motivation, encouragement and exchange of recipes, etc. It's extra difficult for me being disabled as exercising is quite limited, but I'm doing the best I can. :D

Thanks so much for making this opportunity available! :thumbup:
Old 05-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Please count me in, too. I've been working on this since last June on my own and have lost 46 pounds, but could sure use some group motivation, encouragement and exchange of recipes, etc. It's extra difficult for me being disabled as exercising is quite limited, but I'm doing the best I can. :D

Thanks so much for making this opportunity available! :thumbup:
That's how I feel too.I been winging it on my own because I have had no where to turn.I joined this forum just recently,last month and is my 1st time doing one.I have lost 90 lbs in 3 1/2 yrs,but it hasn't been easy,nor very hard.I did a life style change of portion control (smaller plates) and eating TV dinners.My blood work has been spot on for 3 yrs now.So is nutritional.where before it wasn't.So,works for us,and isn't very expensive.As my hubby and I split one dinner,have green salad,and water.Also I like to make quilts.It takes me days to cut one out,but that's ok too.I can't exercise either,but counting calories,smaller portions,is what has made me lose the weight.I've gained 15 lbs the last 2 months,so that's why I'm here.I saw the weight loss thread and thought I'd like to join and be in the boat too with others like myself.I've went from 250 to 160,back up to 175 now.So,got to get it off,even baby steps,as long as we're headed in the right direction.I haven't lost any yet,as I just joined.But hope to lose something this week.Good luck to you and congratulations on your 46 lbs.That's wonderful.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:30 PM

HI all It's late here after midnight. I just broke 10,000 steps today. First time in a long time and it feels good. Have played around with my weight for most of my life. If I look at food it jumps on board for a free ride.
I have been able to lose 25 of the 55 pounds I need to lose so this group is a Godsend to me. Those of you with health challenges I commend you. My DH of 49 years and I both are blessed with general good health.
Today had fruit and a egg and half of english muffin and coffee. Lunch was chinese food and dinner was a lean hamburger patty with green beans and dessert was a Skinny Cow ice cream and lots of water all day
Lets all keep up the good work and lose a ton of weight together.

As a side note, I to miss Tru but lets not be negative to each other and please move on we are here to improve ourselves in many ways
Keep love in your heart and have a great day.
Gail
Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 AM

And number 51:

51. Quiltgranny

Welcome! We hope you do well.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:18 AM

Hi everybody. I'm 60 yrs old, have been married to DH for almost 25 yrs. I have 1 son, 1 step son and 1 step daughter and 7 beautiful grandchildren. I've been fighting a weight problem all my life. My grandmother put me on my first diet when I was 10 years old. I to am disabled but it is mentally not physically. I have four mental health diagnosis which make it hard to get out and excersise. I'm not good in social settings. I have a great therapist though and have forced myself to get out and swim at the high school pool and walk with a friend. I had weight loss surgery 20 yrs ago and lost over 100 lbs. I kept it off for five yrs then had a major nervous breakdown and started to put weight back on. By 2002 I weighed 233lbs. In 2006 I was diagnosed with diabetis and went on a strict diabetic diet and over three yrs lost 133 lbs. Did well until last fall when I started to gain weight back. I haven't gained alot back but between the weight gain and really poor eating habits that came back also I know I need to get on top of it now before the weight gain is totally out of control and my diabetis goes screwy. I will pray for all of you, I know we can do this together.
Missy - Good luck with your surgery.
Jeanne
Old 05-03-2011, 03:48 AM

someone PM me, and said, it was you, that got tru kicked off. WRONG. it wasn't me. i do not believe in hurting anyone.

Off to work on jane. everyone should make a jane. it will surely keep body and spirit occupied. either by hand or machine.

missy -good luck with your surgury. GB
MJ--you are a treasure.