Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

Irishrose-please PM me your address.I would like to send you 2 pkgs of needles in 2 different sizes. These are the ones I mentioned on here. They were made in germany.The brand is SCHMETZ I'm not sure of the sizes.They are long though.Well ladies I have lost a whopping 4 lbs. Thanks for all the help. I know that's no where near what alot have lost. But that's fine with me.I went to a bbq for my grand=daughters graduation yesterday.I didn't blow it to bad. We were just across the road from my home. When we got home about 6pm It started storming. I guess by now everyone knows about the tornado that hit Joplin Mo. That is about 100 miles from here.As that storm passed through it was very severe.We are fine but the poor folks in Joplin. God be with them.Hope everyone will keep those poor people in their prayers.Gotta go walk my 2 acres. Mary
Old 05-23-2011, 07:01 AM

Mary, I sent the PM. Thank you.

I didn't eat well yesterday and had to cut the walk short because the tail end of the storm came through here, so I'm leary of getting on the scales this morning.

I had a very rough night with the back, then upped some meds this morning, so my head and body are not working together. My big plans to start cleaning house and gardens today may be waylaid.

My cable is out so I haven't seen the destruction in Joplin except on the computer. My heart goes out to all who have lost family members or their housing. Where do you start putting your life back together??

I did make some yummy pork in the crockpot yesterday so I can plan my dinner. It doesn't do any good to identify how I sabotage myself if I don't try to change it (for me, lack of planning). I had a 'planned' breakfast. I know what's for dinner, now how about lunch? If I had someone to cook for, planning meals would be easier, but the dogs are 50% kibble and 50% raw fed, so I'll pass on joining them. Those raw organs are gross, thank you anyway.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 AM

Good morning! I know, it's almost noon!

After a weekend of no power, etc., everything is working this morning! Yippee!

Missy, just a few more days.
Irish, don't let the devil get you down!

Has everyone (but me) mailed Sandy her FQ for last month. The theme was florals. This month the theme is pastels. Who is going to win???

This is our last week so time to buckle down! We want to show a loss for the month! Skip the extra snack, add some exercise, and don't forget to rest properly. Water! Water! Water!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:22 AM

Thank you, MJ. I'm okay, just aggravated that I have to change my plans for the day. No depression. I can work sitting down so it will be a chance to get the FMQ done on the purple quilt. Walking the dogs will be fun. I had better take a walking stick somehow. Do you have a picture in your mind of an elderly lady with a 58 pound dog on a 26 foot Flexilead on the left and a 34 pound imp on a 16 foot Flexi on the other? Add a walking stick on the little one's side and then pick up the mail as we pass the mailboxes. H-m-m.

Yes, I mailed my floral. I can't get a FQ in a business envelope. I picked up a pack of small manila envelopes, so I'm set for a while. I was embarrassing late with Rita'smom's.

Water, water, water. I think I'll refrigerate some lemon water with ginger and cayenne (I'm out of cucumbers) to drink to jump start a drop in the weight.

Almost there, Missy. Isn't today a weigh in at the doctor's office?

MJ, you are good cheerleader. Judy
Old 05-23-2011, 08:22 AM

Had a light dinner last night (only thing I ate all day) chicken breast, asparagus and salad and stood on the scale this morning to have gained back 4 of those 10 lbs lost. I knew part of the weight would come back as soon as I could drink and eat again and at least it is only 4 lbs. I can live with that.

My heart and prayers goes out to those in MO. The weather is just too crazy lately.

Hope everyone has a great day today and Xlie--thanks for the special words to me--they mean a lot and have helped me feel better about things.

Karen
Old 05-23-2011, 08:33 AM

scrapnmom, Nice to see you're feeling better. Four pounds isn't bad for rehydrating your body. Were you able to work? Can't imagine that long drive not feeling well.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 AM

Yes, I am at work and the drive seemed longer than usual. I am tired so I pulled over and took a nap. My brother fell asleep driving and hit an 18 wheeler last week. Thankfully he walked away. I don't want that to ever happen to me so thank you very much I will stop when I am tired even if it makes me late for work.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 AM

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone.

Got back last night from my Quilting Bus Trip. Had a great time, spent way too much money though. LOL I believe mom enjoyed herself too, not sure she will do one again. We hit 8 quilt stores in 2 days, and there was one that I and several others boycotted one store. This store was serving us lunch which consisted of day old egg salad sandwichs and pimento cheese sandwichs. Several of us ended up going to the mexican resturant around the corner and got some some mexican food. I was real bad, had a few drinks sangria swirls and then shrimp enchalida not to count on the chips and sals........so this was my biggest downfall of the weekend.

I did enjoy the other 7 quilts stores I spent money at, my all time favorite besides my home store Quilt Among Friends, was Stitchin Heaven. Had the best time, made new friends.

I also was afraid to get on the scale this morning since i botched big time yesterday and feel like I am retaining tons of water. I am drinking lots of water today to help eliavate some of the retention.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning! I know, it's almost noon!

After a weekend of no power, etc., everything is working this morning! Yippee!

Missy, just a few more days.
Irish, don't let the devil get you down!

Has everyone (but me) mailed Sandy her FQ for last month. The theme was florals. This month the theme is pastels. Who is going to win???

This is our last week so time to buckle down! We want to show a loss for the month! Skip the extra snack, add some exercise, and don't forget to rest properly. Water! Water! Water!

MJ I still need to send mine as well, it is packaged, have the stamps for it. So now to dodge the hail and thunderstorms to get to the mail box.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose
Mary, I sent the PM. Thank you.

I didn't eat well yesterday and had to cut the walk short because the tail end of the storm came through here, so I'm leary of getting on the scales this morning.

I had a very rough night with the back, then upped some meds this morning, so my head and body are not working together. My big plans to start cleaning house and gardens today may be waylaid.

My cable is out so I haven't seen the destruction in Joplin except on the computer. My heart goes out to all who have lost family members or their housing. Where do you start putting your life back together??

I did make some yummy pork in the crockpot yesterday so I can plan my dinner. It doesn't do any good to identify how I sabotage myself if I don't try to change it (for me, lack of planning). I had a 'planned' breakfast. I know what's for dinner, now how about lunch? If I had someone to cook for, planning meals would be easier, but the dogs are 50% kibble and 50% raw fed, so I'll pass on joining them. Those raw organs are gross, thank you anyway.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week.
Got your PM thanks. If I had to eat with your dogs I would drop more weight.lol. I have a husband to cook for and it is hard to not eat what his skinny butt eats.He eats well,I watch the salt and fats for him,then he gets up and has ice cream or do-nuts etc. I'd rather eat with your dogs. Guess my walk is out for this evening,to much rain.Think supper will be a thin lean burger on one of those flat buns they come out with lately. I got the whole wheat ones. I had a small green salad for lunch and raisin bran for breakfast.I started having plain yogert for dessert in the early evening after walking. seems to help my meal digest better. Judy hope your back lets you rest more tonight.Extra meds is awful when you need them,just leave me a zombie till they are out of my system.purple mem thanks again for your wise words.Mary