MCO Airport in Orlando

Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 AM

My husband and I travel a lot. I agree with the others who recommend the cell phone lot idea. The parking lots/garages at airports are sometimes very confusing and difficult to maneuver. Waiting in the cell phone lot is much less stressful and efficient. The cab idea is also a great one. Never thought of doing that. Thoughts for you are to just stay relaxed and read the signs. They will direct you to the baggage claim area. There are usually monitors that tell you what carousel your luggage will be on. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you are unsure. Airport workers as a rule are very helpful. Good luck and have a wonderful time.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:53 AM

Thank you so much for all the advice. Jan in VA, the terminal maps for MCO should be especially helpful. The cell phone lot sounds like it should work hopefully. My parents are deciding between that and having a shuttle service pick me and meet them somewhere. So Jan in Fl, I may be asking you for additional advice! And thanks for the heads up on the Palm Harbor quilt shop. I don't think we're doing to be spending much time in Orlando or Tampa. We're hoping to visit St Augustine and Naples though for overnight trips. So I'll be checking shops in those areas. I'm only bringing a carry-on for luggage so may have to ship things home or have my parents bring them back with them

Again, thanks for all the help and support. So far I'm not super nervous about flying even though it's first time but I know I will be as the date grows closer. This board is a wonderful supportive network.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:30 PM

I fly into Orlando and even have my dog. It really isn't that bad, and if you have them wait for you at the baggage area, it is even easier
Old 02-06-2015, 02:31 PM

The members here all gave good advice. My first flight was cross country and with a plane change, don`t worry you can ask any one, we find travelers are great helpers. Then too venders are good when you ask. And there are carts going all the time, just ask the driver if he will take you where you need to go. It`s all a lot of fun!!