Is it me or is it OCD?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:08 AM

My motto is "Creative Clutter is better then Idle neatness" I live by it. I am a packrat, I am creative, I lose things, my sewing room is not neat and tidy. I to would rather be creating then cleaning. Luckily..my husband is all for that. He understands my mayhem. LOL..
Peace, blessings and creativness...
Old 07-23-2010, 05:24 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by cjomomma
... I eat the yellow first. Then the rest of it has to do with numbers. The color that has the least numbers get eaten first then the next one with the lowest number is next and so on and so on.
Uhhh, yeah, well... I never thought about it, but if I have a pile of M&Ms I also eat them in a particular way. The reverse of you, though; I try to even up the numbers, so I eat the extras of the various colors first.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
I have very peculiar ways of doing things, drives my husband nuts...it's not a particularly ordered existence, as I go off on tangents from time to time but it does involve doing jobs and having things arranged in a certain way. Example, all socks are matched when pegging out on the line, underwear and smalls on the inside ranging out to sheets on the outside. I even group each persons clothes together and all shirts/blouses go on hangers on the outside and middle rails.

I also make lists, I also list the places I'm visiting in order with a sub-list of what I'll be doing or purchasing at each destination. I won't leave the house without having the living room straight and the beds made.
Earthwalker...I love to "listen" to your down under expressions!
First time I've heard of "Pegging the clothes"...that is perfect! May I use it?
My closet is organized by type of clothing and then by color for pants, and by sleeve length for shirts. I am a list maker, and also always make the bed before leaving the house. Am trying to train my husband of almost 44 yrs., that if he is last one up, he has to make the bed. Some days it even works!

I too have that mixed gene...sometimes organized and orderly, sometimes helter skelter! I guess whatever works is best!