is it me?

Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 PM

I've been noticing lately that my trips to shop at Walmart have been anything but enjoyable.The grocery dept. is less and less name brands and more "great value". That's their brand, not necessarily, better, just cheaper. I for one won't buy it because I can't trust that the foods don't come from China. It might just be me but I'm the buyer.
Sam Walton went into business to put everyone else out and by the looks of closed shops all over it's worked. Most of my groceries come from the local market and now I'm waiting for the farmers to open too.
Just thought I'd vent.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

I hardly shop there anymore either, ours is always so darn crowded, and very few cashiers, so it takes forever to get through there.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:18 PM

My sister in law is a former mgr for WM. She said Sam Walton would roll over in his grave if he knew what his kids have done to his store. I agree. It has reached the point that I hate to shop there for anything, and won't if there is any other choice available.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:22 PM

I totaly agree with you. Great Value??? Your right Where did it come from??? There are only a couple of things I buy there anymore. Sometimes its 3wks before I go to that store. Greedy Relatives!!! Sam is rolling over and over and over. I've also heard that they want to go to all PT like Kroger's. Then they don't have to pay insurance, retirement and overtime. Listen to me?? I vented too lol lol lol
Old 05-19-2010, 04:24 PM

Walmart is the devil. I never give them my money if I can avoid it. In the last small town I lived in, they came and drove every grocery out of business, then K Mart, and then jacked the prices.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:27 PM

We wont buy their brand either. My husband feels the way you do. He wants to know where the food is coming from. For some reason I don't trust WalMart.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have no choice but shop WM, the other grocery store in town charges twice the price and I can't afford that. It seems that the last few times I have gone into WM I came out with a bad headache.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

I will buy tyson chicken not great value.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Pam

Go buy your own chicks and raise them and slaughter them your selves. Not all that much fun, I agree, but that is what I do! We eat venison and have a big garden. I was just out there hoeing 25 tomato plants and covering the growing potatoes. Next year we are going to get 12 beef calves to raise, then off to the slaugher house they go.

If you are not willing to do these things, do not complain about where your food comes from, because unless you handle it yourself, you never really know.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

I would love to do that but I don't think my apartment manager would be very happy with me.LOL