Meaning to my nightmare???

Old 08-12-2010, 01:43 AM

I have wonky dreams---usually when I wake up and then go back to sleep. Don't worry about them, it's usually triggered by a fear or something you've watched or eaten. Perhaps you need some potassium or calcium, you may be having cramps in your toes. There's also a thing called "Leg Cramps" that's an over the counter med for cramps in the legs and feet. You might try taking one of those now and then. Get the quick dissolve kind, they work better.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 AM

Stay away from motorcyles. You must have a fear a of bumping into them. Also there is a lot of road rage in AZ. As for help you probably seen on news what happens at times when people ask for help. They get whack. My son lives in AZ and seen your news, it's like reading a Stephen King novel. If you livee near Bell Rock, it's a good place to climb up half way and sit, build a prayer rock pile and meditate. That will take all the willies out. The Indians have get spirt guides there. I go every chace I get. Come back a new person. It's a great vortex. Good luck
Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
O, that IS scary!!!!!!!! My Mom used to tell us if we ate certain foods before bed it would make us have nightmares?? Wonder if that could be true?
That's the running joke at our house. When someone has a really bad dream, we always say, "Well, we're not having spaghetti (or chicken, or Chinese, whatever fits the day) for supper any more!" Of course, we don't really mean it, but it's a fun way to laugh off a bad dream and not spend time trying to analyze it.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by ilovequilts
I'm thinking maybe it's the b12 I started taking...I know that when I started taking Melatonin a long time ago it gave me trippy dreams that almost ALWAYS involved hippos.
I'm sorry, but this totally makes me smile.

But your other dream? Not-so-much. :(I
Old 08-12-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
LOL, at least hippos should be peaceful, and wouldnt try to break your toes!
I wouldn't count on those hippos to be peaceful. Well, unless they're Disney dancing hippos. Like in Fantasia? :D
Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 AM

Your dreams sound similar to mine. But I usually have monsters instead of angry, abusive men. I usually get them when I my personal life is distressed, or I am so busy I can barely think. It's also possible that the b12 is doing it too.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
Your dreams sound similar to mine. But I usually have monsters instead of angry, abusive men. I usually get them when I my personal life is distressed, or I am so busy I can barely think. It's also possible that the b12 is doing it too.
Stress was what triggers my weird dreams too. Most of mine happened when I was in school and had to do with forgetting to go to classes and then showing up and finding out there was a BIG exam.

Subconscious working, I've heard. Although a bad dreams doesn't mean that you fear the exact situation or problem you had in our dream.

Interesting topic.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if we really could understand our dreams? Had one the other night, I was in the back of a Lowes, and there was this huge space with huge tables, empty. I was grabbing material and rushing to cut it out before someone saw me using the table.. LOL In this case, I am pretty sure I was thinking a little too much about quilting! Been having a lot of quiltiing dreams lately, wonder why??LOL
Old 08-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Years ago I used to have a reoccuring nightmare. I was always asleep & knew that a man was in the house & he was coming to get me. I would try to wake, but I couldn't move or scream. I would struggle & struggle to move. Finally, I would wake up, but I would be scared the rest of the night. Eventually, those nightmares stopped. Hope you don't have any more nightmares!