Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Medium is Over and I Have a Broken Heart >

Medium is Over and I Have a Broken Heart

Medium is Over and I Have a Broken Heart

Old 01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by IndyQuilter
I hated that they killed off Joe.
Oh no, those dirty dogs. That character had a lot of integrity.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by IndyQuilter
I hated that they killed off Joe.
Oh no, those dirty dogs. That character had a lot of integrity.
That made me so mad!!!! I love the show and hated that they killed him off!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 PM

I loved Medium and sure hated to see it end. Same with Ghost Whisperer last year. All the good shows are ending and all that is left are dumb so called reality shows that are nothing like my reality. It used to be there were shows on every night that I liked to watch, now there are only 5 or 6 in the whole week worth watching. Sometimes I wonder why I even have cable TC.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 PM

The final show could have been done so much better if they had made it into 2-3 episodes. They crammed too much into one last show. The youngest daughter was resentful that her mother didn't "see" the accident in advance and try to prevent Joe from being killed. Allison sabotages a murder case and lets the guy get extradited to Mexico. What happened to Mayor Devalos after she was fired? There could have been a story suggesting future use of the girls' psychic abilities. Where was Bridgette? The story jumped almost 50 years from the time of Joe's airplane crash until Allison died. And then at the very end the script on the screen says that the REAL Joe and Allison are well and happily married and still living in Phoenix. Seemed to me like it was a "rush job" to get the story closed. It was also one of my favorites and I'm so disappointed in the way they ended it.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Terricat
The final show could have been done so much better if they had made it into 2-3 episodes. They crammed too much into one last show. The youngest daughter was resentful that her mother didn't "see" the accident in advance and try to prevent Joe from being killed. Allison sabotages a murder case and lets the guy get extradited to Mexico. What happened to Mayor Devalos after she was fired? There could have been a story suggesting future use of the girls' psychic abilities. Where was Bridgette? The story jumped almost 50 years from the time of Joe's airplane crash until Allison died. And then at the very end the script on the screen says that the REAL Joe and Allison are well and happily married and still living in Phoenix. Seemed to me like it was a "rush job" to get the story closed. It was also one of my favorites and I'm so disappointed in the way they ended it.
The very end of the script on screen shows Allison dying and joining her husband in heaven or some other life after death.
So, with both of them being dead, there can be no return of the show..... :thumbdown: :cry: :cry:
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 PM

Correct, however the show is based on a real, live Allison who has this gift of seeing things in dreams. And the real Allison and Joe still actually live in Phoenix.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Terricat
Correct, however the show is based on a real, live Allison who has this gift of seeing things in dreams. And the real Allison and Joe still actually live in Phoenix.
Is she still writing books?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by marknfran
Just watched the finale of Medium; I taped it since it was the last show. I have a broken heart. It was such a good, clean show and there are so few of them now. Too depressed to work on the quilt......... :thumbdown: :-(
I don't know why it ended either. However, I know one of the producers and will let her know we will miss it. Maybe they will come up with another good clean show for us.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:23 AM

I will miss the Medium too it was a great show. The Closer has one more season love that one too. Well we need to start writing networks they crater to the young people not us older folks.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 AM

Terricat didn't read all your post cos I haven't seen the last episodes of "Medium" in Australia yet, but I am finding it very interesting to read that there are a lot of you out there that enjoy the same programs as I do, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, The Closer, NCIS, The Mentalist, Castle, Bones to name a few. Someone mentioned "Magnum", they are showing reruns here in Australia at the moment along with "The Rockford Files", "Baywatch" and "Quincy, MD". We are also getting "McHale's Navy" reruns, what a blast from the past. Does anyone like "Dexter" or "The Big Bang Theory"?