Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Medium is Over and I Have a Broken Heart >

Medium is Over and I Have a Broken Heart

Medium is Over and I Have a Broken Heart

Old 01-25-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Suziuki
Terricat didn't read all your post cos I haven't seen the last episodes of "Medium" in Australia yet, but I am finding it very interesting to read that there are a lot of you out there that enjoy the same programs as I do, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, The Closer, NCIS, The Mentalist, Castle, Bones to name a few. Someone mentioned "Magnum", they are showing reruns here in Australia at the moment along with "The Rockford Files", "Baywatch" and "Quincy, MD". We are also getting "McHale's Navy" reruns, what a blast from the past. Does anyone like "Dexter" or "The Big Bang Theory"?
I think that the only good TV is the reruns from years ago. BTW, what was the "Closer" about?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:26 PM

I didn't watch the Medium but I just saw a part of one show last week and thought it would be great to watch.....now I guess not. I can't believe the Closer is ending. I never fail to watch that one. I think that there simply aren't enough nice people watching tv that don't care for all the bad words, horrible acts of violence, etc.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

sounds like i'm glad i didn't see the last show. thanks.
yes they tend to take the good ones off. but ratings are high on the idiot shows for some reason. it's certainly not us watching them!
Old 01-25-2011, 11:26 PM

"The Closer" is about a female Chief Inspector in charge of a Murder Investigation Squad and her sometimes unorthodox witness interviews.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltamomma
I loved Monk wish it was back on!
Oh, oh, oh, Monk, I just loved him to death, great show, it was terrible they ended it. Sometimes I watch re-runs on cable stations
Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 AM

I didn't watch this show but my absolute favorite, LOST, ended last year.....Closer, another favorite has announced only 1 more season. It's sad when favorites end. :(
Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Suziuki
Does anyone like "Dexter" or "The Big Bang Theory"?
"Dexter" is too much for me...I don't watch that one but do know what the show is about.

"The Big Bang Theory" is a fun favorite of my husband's and my son's. My daughter and I watch along although this current season we've both noticed a change that it's a little more crude and many more episodes are focusing on sex/sexual act of some sort and we're just not impressed..... sometimes they just go too far.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:59 AM

That is why I stay on the board all the time. Have 2 TVs. DH is always watching some kind of horror show. I can't handle all that blood and gore just before going to bed & DGS is playing games or watching cartoons. Sometimes I can get him interested in Animal Planet or a Nature Show but you have to monitor them for content also.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM

I imagine that now tht those kids are growing up maybe they are wanting to do something else. I love Bridget.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by munchkinmama
I love Alison DuBois. She has written some really good books. Try reading her books for the real Medium.
Alison DuBois has a web site where you can keep up with her. A. B .com I think.
At least she did just before my comp. fell apart. Had it fixed and haven't looked her up yet.
As far as I am concerned most of the shows now put on are made up by 40 somethings that spent their young lives soaking up booze and smoking pot , and wasting their parents money doing it in college, so long they wouldn't know a good show if it fell on them!! so Alas!! all we get is what I call PUKE shows!! am not in a very charitable mood, can you tell?? imak