Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Melinda(melinda in tulsa) and Jeannie (LynneJean) totally rule >

Melinda(melinda in tulsa) and Jeannie (LynneJean) totally rule

Melinda(melinda in tulsa) and Jeannie (LynneJean) totally rule

Old 11-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

I'd rather clean someone else's house. I hate cleaning mine. :)
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 AM

It was all kinds of fun helping Hazeljane ( maggie). Yes I can be a general at times when I am organizing but Hey atleast me got ALOT done!
Maggie gave both Melinda and I lots of goodies from her stash and some lovely lavender water and lavender eye bags.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:12 AM

I love "general" type personalities. I'm not someone who needs to be in control, and I appreciate when someone is better able to see the big picture and direct.

When my daughter was a little girl, we once went to Disney World with my in-laws. My mother-in-law was known as General Grandma. I didn't have to worry or plan anything- I knew we would see everything there was to see- because she planned it out, allowing me to just relax and enjoy the ride. One of the best vacations ever.

I know lots of people get their backs up, but for me, it's totally great, so when I call Jeannie a general- it's a high compliment!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:17 PM

I'm sewing in the family because my sewing room and playroom are clogged with fabrics. I want to know how wide the throat on my Kenmore machine is - how can I get to it? The playroom also has Christmas gifts and my walker and wheelchair I'm trying to get along without. Help! It all takes up so much space.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:42 PM

I am FINALLY almost done with organizing the "guest" room--someone could actually use it now! I have three more boxes of miscellany to sort, and one box of fabric to put away by color into the totes.....I store the 23 totes(yep,23 -fabric, lace, ribbons, quilt tops, etc.) in the guest room and sew in the room next to it. Got that room cleaned up, too.
The rest of the house is a near-disaster, but that one room is nearly done.
Tomorrow I have vowed to finish finding the dining room--at least the table is clean now except for a neighbors sewing machine I am working on....
I did clean up almost all of the living room after I moved all the sewing stuff out, but now it has 25 boxes of stuff for Operation Noel.....got it inventoried, now to start wrapping, etc.! Much of it is going to local families in need and to the prison for offender's children.
and I got the cupboards cleaned out in the kitchen--and the closets and drawers cleaned out in the bedroom. HMMMM--after I write it all out, I HAVE been busy! Now I feel better!