Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay >

Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay

Menopausal Women of the Corn -An Essay

Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 PM

OH Yeah! Everyone is asleep & I'm up again. I do take Extra Strength Estroven & it helps with the hot flashes but if I don't get some sleep I'm gonna crash & burn. I tried quilting when I'm up at night but I'm so tired that I always mess up! I used to read when I stayed up but I can't concentrate enough for that. (As a bookaholic this is strange!) So I lurk here for a while, post sometimes, & plan more quilts. No wonder I have 8 WIPS right now, & let's not count the UFO's. Then I go to bed before I'm even close to sleepy & toss & turn! Poor DH is also having sleeping problems. He goes to sleep at around 9:30 pm & wakes up somewhere between 2:00 & 4:00. Some nights he is waking up when I'm going to sleep. What a circle! At least we each understand what the other is going through.:)

Well I guess I'll try some of that tossing & turning bit now. Ya'll have a nice night!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by dublb
OH Yeah! Everyone is asleep & I'm up again. I do take Extra Strength Estroven & it helps with the hot flashes but if I don't get some sleep I'm gonna crash & burn. I tried quilting when I'm up at night but I'm so tired that I always mess up! I used to read when I stayed up but I can't concentrate enough for that. (As a bookaholic this is strange!) So I lurk here for a while, post sometimes, & plan more quilts. No wonder I have 8 WIPS right now, & let's not count the UFO's. Then I go to bed before I'm even close to sleepy & toss & turn! Poor DH is also having sleeping problems. He goes to sleep at around 9:30 pm & wakes up somewhere between 2:00 & 4:00. Some nights he is waking up when I'm going to sleep. What a circle! At least we each understand what the other is going through.:)

Well I guess I'll try some of that tossing & turning bit now. Ya'll have a nice night!!!!
Hugs to you adn we all have to just keep the faith:)
Old 09-02-2011, 05:57 AM

I call it "meno-you-gotta-problem-with-that?"

sigh...
Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by running1
I call it "meno-you-gotta-problem-with-that?"

sigh...
Italian roots??:) LOL
HUGGGGGGGGG
Old 09-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Had to laugh - not at, but with, you all. I'm 67, total hyst at 47. Never had a hot flash, night sweat, or any of the other lovlies. But BFF says it made her want to run through the store, screaming, and ripping her clothes off. I always laugh when I picture that.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by libbiebean
Had to laugh - not at, but with, you all. I'm 67, total hyst at 47. Never had a hot flash, night sweat, or any of the other lovlies. But BFF says it made her want to run through the store, screaming, and ripping her clothes off. I always laugh when I picture that.

Now I did not to see a picture for that one hahaha
Old 09-03-2011, 05:48 AM

Obviously lilliebean is a total freak of nature. How sad she cannot commiserate with the rest of us. At least she has a friend who can fill her in on the upside of later life.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:28 AM

Last nite was another 3 am'er :cry: and i'm gettin' exhausted...it's been a full week. anybody else wake up at the same time every morning??????

And if i ever get this strippy, etc done i'll surely post a picture. i've been sewing strip of almost the same size together then i've ironed them and cut different size strips, then i plan on using wide strip like a chinese coin only using different size strips, we'll see how it looks when i've got a few more strips cut out.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
Last nite was another 3 am'er :cry: and i'm gettin' exhausted...it's been a full week. anybody else wake up at the same time every morning??????

And if i ever get this strippy, etc done i'll surely post a picture. i've been sewing strip of almost the same size together then i've ironed them and cut different size strips, then i plan on using wide strip like a chinese coin only using different size strips, we'll see how it looks when i've got a few more strips cut out.
I would love to see it.. Tomorrow I will post the chin hair story
Old 09-06-2011, 03:06 PM

I freely admit I share most if not all of these problems. It does end, doesn't it? Please say it does.