Michael Jackson has died?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:54 AM

([/quote]I just wonder when all the faked death rumours will start to surface.[/quote]) ooops I deleted too much... that last sentence was a quote from someone else on this thread.

they have already started... Trevor was looking at some video clippings and news reports this morning. There was one video we looked at where he was putting on his glasses and getting ready to get on a bus!! To me it looked like an impersonator as his skin pigment was much darker than what MJ's was now. but that's just me.... hmmmm makes you think... Maybe MJ knew where ELivs has been hiding out all these years... It worked for that king, perhaps they are both hiding out in some grass hut on an isolated tropical island??

But all jokes aside, yes it is tragic. I also grew up listening to his music. What person can say they didn't have his Thriller record!?? I played that to death! He had many ghosts in his closet, but he was a talented musician and the world will truly miss him.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

I think we can seperate his personal life from his musical life.
He was a great performer and singer, but the thing I admired most was his ability to write lyrics and sit them to the right music. I saw him interviewed once about writing Billy Jean, he wanted to do a song with a great bass and said he woke up one morning and started playing in his head duut duut, duut duut and the song was born from there.Being a 3rd rate writer here, I can appreciate that about him.But, you have to admit his music was catchy, it can get in your head and stay there all day.I would have loved to have just a little of his ability to write lyrics and music!
I'm sure his mother will mourn for him. About the other members of his family, I don't know. I always thought they used him, and his father was a monster!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:01 AM

I have always said dont talk ill of the dead but people are doing that with him. Why cant people just talk about his music and his contribution to the industry and what a great performer he was and just leave it at that instead of picking apart the life of a now dead man?

As for Farrah, she was a true beauty and my favorite thing she did wasn't Charlie's Angels but the movie she made called The Burning Bed. That movie was awesome and she was awesome in it. She shut her critics up when she made that movie.

But I have to say I am more sad about Farrah's passing. ( I was born at the tale end of Gen X)
Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 AM

I never cared much for MJ. Just not my type of music, but he had talent and deserved his fame and fortune. His mental stabilty should have been questioned years ago. Lots of weirdness there.

I think Farrah should be mourned as she just produced a great documentary about her fight with cancer. Basically- saying to all- take care of your health. It is being overshadowed by MJ.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 AM

MJ was 50 years old and Farrah was 62. Ed McMahon died the day before, also. Not sure how old he was.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 PM

I think Ed was 86.