Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Mid life Crisis, Cabin Fever or Depression? >

Mid life Crisis, Cabin Fever or Depression?

Mid life Crisis, Cabin Fever or Depression?

Old 03-25-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Originally Posted by Kas
If a diamond ring cures it, it's a mid-life crisis! :) I would try light therapy, too.
I was thinking convertible, 2 seater red car. That would cure my mid-life crisis. Until then, I'll just buy fabric--LOL.

Seriously, I agree with the previous posters about using full spectrum light bulbs to alleviate the winter blues because I have done that it my house. I have had days where I don't want to get out of bed but not weeks. Weeks is a problem that needs attention.
I must be having a mid life crisis....I want fabric, a larger embroidery machine, long arm (only have a mid arm), and thread, 40 yards of 120" quilters dream batting...........

Yep I am in crisis.

Seriously though, don't take chances with your health, talk to your health care provider (especially if sunlight therapy doesn't help, or if you are losing interest in things/people that normally you would be interested in.

Please take care of yourself.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:30 PM

Take care of yourself. It's Friday and if you aren't feeling 90% better by Sunday night...call your doctor Monday. No reason in this day and age to let these things linger. If it is bothering you, it needs to be checked out. We are all here for you!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:40 PM

Thank you all so very much. Tomorrow i am going to get some Vit D, take a nice long walk and then buy some new fabric! I am thinking it's the season because it has been Very cold and gray outside i am not good in this kind of winter! So i will take all your advise and see if it helps. I would rather try this than pay out another co-pay LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 PM

I know if there are too many cloudy days in a row, even my full spectrum lights and vitamins don't help. Waking up and finding 5" of sleet that was not forecasted at all will also send me back to my bed. I freaking HATE ice!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:46 AM

I finally went to my Dr she put me on an antidepressant and I have never felt so good it is amazing what this little pill can do! Get to your Dr it will help alot!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 AM

Please take good care of yourself. Good for you food. Some exercise and vitamins. Then get check up. Co-Pays are a pain but paying them because their is something wrong with you will mount up even more.We want you here at show and tell time. Spring materials just may do it.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I finally went to my Dr she put me on an antidepressant and I have never felt so good it is amazing what this little pill can do! Get to your Dr it will help alot!
Jade, what did they prescibe for you?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:11 PM

I say if happiness comes in a pill I want it! Anti depressants only works for so long but I'm afraid to get off mine. I'm going to talk to him the next time I go in. Seems like I'm in a rut & can't get out. But do talk to your dr. Winter blues & depression go hand in hand.